PDA

View Full Version : weight training

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

emeline
Sat, Jan-25-03, 20:09
I am new to weight training, at least on a regular basis. How much muscle can one gain in 1 month?
This is the first time in years I have eaten enough protein, and I am wondering if I may be adding more muscle than others who have adequate protein all along? This may account for the # on the scale not moving.

dsights
Wed, Jan-29-03, 06:09
My weight loss has slowed down dramatically since I started working out about a month ago. I took one of the LC veteran's advice and measured myself everywhere that I could reach and I do this once a week. I have kept a journal to track my lost inches and it has been very motivating.

I'm not sure if I am gaining any muscle yet, but I am pretty positive that all of my weight loss is now coming from only fat. I have taken my body fat just to make sure that I'm loosing fat instead of muscle and it has been really helpful.

My only problem now is trying to decide if I need to change my goal weight. From my calculations, if I continue to work out, I will reach my goal about 10lbs. ahead of schedule. We will see.

Sorry if I didn't answer your question.

Keep up the good work.

mtipps7
Wed, Jan-29-03, 12:58
I think it depends on the person and how long you spend on the weights. Also are you doing low weights and high reps or vice versa. I have gotten up to go to the gym at 5 the last couple of mornings. Its rough but at least I can go back to bed afterwards. I am going to be mixing free weights with the machines. Anyway, good luck. :wave:

Azlocarb
Thu, Jan-30-03, 09:10
Emilene,
I’m assuming from your handle and stats that you are a women. Women don’t usually add much muscle mass from resistance training but they do tone up nicely. If you want some example go to the Body For Live web site and check out some of the success stories, her is the link http://www.bodyforlife.com/comp_corner.shtml . Men on the other hand can add quite a bit of muscle quickly. One guy in the BFL challenge averaged about 4lbs of muscle a week which is a lot. I have been adding about .5lbs a week since I really started trying to bulk up.