PDA

View Full Version : Newcomer

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

dc11648
Sat, Jan-25-03, 10:49
This is my first message along with being a newcomer. I started Dr. Atkins diet 1/4/03. I've been on the Induction program so far. I'm 54 yrs. old & work 9 hrs. a day. Exercise is had to find time for, but every other day I try to ride my bike. But to add to the problems I have a bad back and some type of problem with the tenden in my foot, which hinders the bike riding some day(which also is under treatment).
I'm at a lose at breakfeast- I have to be out of the house by 7am and need something quick, easy. I'm tired of eggs.
I've been pretty good and have lost about 4lbs. so far but would love more.
In closing - Hi everyone

Kristine
Sat, Jan-25-03, 11:45
Hi Dot! Welcome! :wave:

That's a long work day. :( It can be tough and tiring trying to prepare food ahead of time. As for breakfast, check through the recipes on this site. The mock danish is popular and is fast in the morning. Remember that you're not limited to eggs for breakfast. Have whatever appeals to you: sausage, bacon, leftover cold meats, cheese, veggies, nuts... it doesn't have to be 'traditional' breakfast food. :thup:

Enjoy!

chiqui
Sat, Jan-25-03, 16:12
Hi DC: Some days my life is like yours - run out the door early, have to look good and be on time. So what's for breakfast? Usually leftovers from last night.

I'm around your age; work freelance, sometimes 1 day, sometimes a week, for different companies. Always with the public so I gotta look presentable. Being overweight doesn't help and I am very aware that my clothes (sometimes it's a uniform) are being stretched and the buttons pulled and gaping. It really hits me in the self-confidence dept. But I put on a brave face and a smile and let my happy personality take over.

I was depressed most of last year but have come out of it. Being middle-aged has its benefits. I'm not looking for beauty and high style anymore. Now my concerns center on health, energy and feeling good.

Cheers, Chiqui

dc11648
Fri, Jan-31-03, 19:48
Thank you for your advise. I just saw your replys, this is the first chance I've had to be on the computer. Every night this week I have not been home till 6pm.
I did find some breakfest bars in the store, placed them in a good spot(I thought) only to find them all gone but 1.
I did look for Dr. Atkins on Monday on NBC, but he was not. Than last night there as a specil on the Atkins, Zone and just Exercise. The Zone won.
So far I've done fine, all but breakfst and I hate to say-tonight. 1 slice of pizza. I feel guilty. But I've been good otherwise.
DC

chiqui
Sat, Feb-01-03, 08:35
Dear Dot: Take it easy on yourself. We didn't get heavy in a week, so it'll take some time. I saw Dr. Atkins on Larrry King show and he was very interesting. It was mostly an interview, nothing very instructive.

By the way, who ate the breakfast bars?

Cheers from Chiqui

chiqui
Sat, Feb-01-03, 08:46
Dot - I think I sent this message to the wrong place so I'll repeat it. Take care, Chiqui

Dear Dot: Take it easy on yourself. We didn't get heavy in a week, so it'll take some time. I saw Dr. Atkins on Larrry King show and he was very interesting. It was mostly an interview, nothing very instructive.

By the way, who ate the breakfast bars?

Cheers from Chiqui