PDA

View Full Version : Doctors in Indiana

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mfalrck804
Tue, Jan-21-03, 20:21
I was wondering if anyone out there knows of a general practice Doc. in the Lafayette, IN area they would recommend. Hopefully someone who will not ignore everything I say because I do Atkins and love it

Tiggerdy
Wed, Feb-19-03, 11:35
I had a hard time in W. Laf. trying to find a doc that would support Atkins. I've moved since then and found a wonderful doc, however a close friend of mine is conducting the same hunt as you. I'll let ya know if she finds anything!

Happy LCing!
Nikki :daizy:

rishamoon
Sun, Jun-22-03, 17:30
I live in Terre Haute, Indiana. Not exactly local to you, but I actually drive to Sullivan to see my Doctor. People think I am crazy, because we have a ton of doctors here in town, but I am comfy with MY doctor and know he will listen to what I say. I was a little nervous when I told him I was doing Atkins, but he didn't bat an eye. Now I am anxious to see what he says next time I go in, cause I am going to ask him to look at my weight... LOL...

I guess my point is, sometimes you might have to drive a little further to get better care. I also go to the Hospital in Sullivan if I can, locally, I would be put in a room with another patient, in Sullivan, all the rooms are private... *smiles* Oh, and they have nicer nurses too... LOL

2muchofme
Fri, Feb-06-04, 21:23
I live in Sullivan and the Dr. that I go to doesn't approve of lowcarb diets. I haven't been back since I started the diet. I need to find a new Dr. :agree: