PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

XChicken
Sun, Jan-19-03, 15:13
Well I'd like to say hi to all those who have figured it out and thank God that I finally listened to someone who new the way out of dieting hell. So... any help anyone can give me since I am on week number 2 of this transition of my life would be great. I have to admit tho, that I am very impressed with results after a week and a half... I have had several people say that it looks like I've lost a good deal of weight and the great thing is I get to eat... :)

tofi
Sun, Jan-19-03, 16:20
Welcomce XChicken & you now number among those 'who know the way out". Your loss has been VERY impressive to say the least, and it looks as though you have found the answer for you.

Please continue to read the book and follow what it says. Patience and persistence are the key to this way of eating and successfully losing weight.

:wave:

Kristine
Sun, Jan-19-03, 17:11
Hello! My advice? Make sure you stay happy. :wiggle: That's pretty easy on this way of eating! If you're starting to get bored, try some new recipes or new foods.

I have a theory as to why so many LCers say that people notice a difference, even though they may only have lost a few pounds. Once you stop eating convenience food and replace it with fresh, LC foods, you're not taking in so much MSG, sodium, and other nasty stuff that causes water retention. Put that together with the natural diuretic effect of LCing, and you lose a lot of puffyness rather quickly. :thup:

Glad you're enjoying this!