PDA

View Full Version : Howcross Castle Gym Log

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Howcross
Thu, Jan-16-03, 08:14
Well, I start Pilates on 1/21/2003 (I must be out of my mind), so I figure I'll need a place to complain about it...I mean, a place to post what I'm doing, how long, and how often. :)

I am not sure how to get the little gym log icon to appear in my posts... hopefully it is automatic, as was the little journal icon.

We'll see.

Ann at Howcross Castle

Howcross
Fri, Jan-17-03, 08:01
Yippee. The little icon showed up today, right on schedule. Now if only I had some exercise to record...

Next week!

Howcross
Tue, Jan-21-03, 11:35
1-21-2003

First day of Pilates.

Interesting.

I understand the concept, and I have NO ABDOMINAL MUSCLES AT ALL. :(

I will do this for four weeks, twice a week, but am not at all convinced that it will do anything for me. I am willing to try it.

Anybody out there who loves it??

Howcross
Fri, Jan-24-03, 07:55
1-24-2003

Second day of Pilates.

Didn't go. :(

Snow day #2 this week. Just to bloody cold for me.

I have been practicing the breathing and the stomach-holing-in thing all week, but not the exercises. :(

Oh well.

Howcross
Mon, Feb-10-03, 05:48
2-10-2003

Howcross
Mon, Feb-10-03, 05:52
2-10-2003

So I've definately decided that Pilates is not for me... not yet, anyway. I'm just too fat and too out of shape still. Instead, I have started two things at home:

1) Treadmill for 30 minutes about twice a week
2) The "8 minutes in the Morning" weight program every day. I love it.

I also have yoga tapes I do once in a great while.

This week I've been getting a tremendous workout by remodeling our spare bedroom...painting, hammering, sawing, reaching overhead and bending down a lot. Feels very good--all my muscles are fatigued but not in pain by the end of the day.

Howcross
Thu, Feb-13-03, 14:19
2-13-2003

- Week 1 Day 4 of 8 Minutes
- 30 minutes on the treadmill
- 2 hours of lifting, bending, packing, sorting, and organizing stuff in my house. Working full speed and sweating a LOT. :)

Howcross
Tue, Feb-18-03, 08:13
2-17-2003

Week 2, Day 1 - complete
Added extra shoulder shrungs with weights, and extra tricep thingis. :)

2-18-2003
Week 2, Day 2 of "8 Minutes"
treadmill - 30 minutes