PDA

View Full Version : A Miracle!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

quikdeb
Wed, Jan-15-03, 20:41
I'm new here, but I had to share with somebody who would understand. I think tonight is the first time in my life that I left food on my plate because there was no possible way I could cram it in. I didn't know it was possible to actually EVER feel full, AND on about half of what I can usually pack away. I am so blown away.

This is the third day for me. I am down two pounds, but this feeling full thing is what gets my attention.

I've been lurking for a couple of days, but I knew you would be welcoming and excited for me. This isn't a busy forum, but it's jam packed with information and support.

Deb

Lila2002
Wed, Jan-15-03, 20:53
Deb,

Congratulations! It's wonderful when it clicks! Keep us posted on your progress.

Lila

luv67fire
Thu, Jan-16-03, 00:39
Deb,

Welcome and congrats.

I can definitely relate. I think I've been addicted to carbs since I was little, so this is honestly the first time in my life that I am not hungry throughout 90% of the day.

The weight loss thing is a bonus ;) lol...

locarbarb
Thu, Jan-16-03, 09:08
Me too, Deb!

I always thought I had to go around hungry in order to lose weight.

What a RELIEF!

Barb

Lessara
Thu, Jan-16-03, 12:00
The same thing happened to me! I don't eat desserts, well at least for a week now. I'm just not hungry. I haven't losed any weight yet (two weeks, but I have been having problems with my anxiety and that affects my weight greatly, plus I haven't slept very well) I'm ok now and I suspect the weight will start to go down..

I really appriciate this way of eating for no longer do I crave every carb that I smell. Its just amazing how this program works. Also family meals have come back into my house. We can eat the same thing. Thank you CALP!

Kassie

quikdeb
Thu, Jan-16-03, 15:08
I'm with you, Kassie, about the family dinner. We still get them in at least three days a week, but my family has always known that if I'm eating - I'm off a diet - if I'm "visiting with them - I'm on. I have always hated that, but have never been good at incorporating the two. I have just fixed whatever I'm going to eat after I'm through with everyone else and the kids are doing homework or otherwise occupied. This is really wonderful. I just hope it works. I do find I get a little quirky about the hour, but then I don't think I've ever taken 60 min. to eat any meal so I guess I don't have to worry about running out of time!

Deb