PDA

View Full Version : Newbie.Day 1 need help already

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Rollie
Wed, Jan-15-03, 18:29
I have gotten thru today fine..its tomorrow I am worried about..I get up at 5 a m and will have an induction brky..to work by 6 a m.first break at 9:30..would 2 ounces of mozzarella cheese be OK? Does anyone know aprx what size of a piece would equal 2 oz? My lunch is at 10:30 already have it made.... I work 6-2 shift in healthcare. I am so happy to have found this site I can see there will be lots of support.
Rollie

ptjody
Wed, Jan-15-03, 18:34
Congrats and great to see the excitement that you have. I'm sure you will do well. As for the cheese, I'm not sure how much it takes to make 2 oz., however if there are no carbs in the cheese, you necessarily do not need to worry about it. It is important that you keep your calorie count up while keeping your carb right below 20. Good luck.

catspaw
Wed, Jan-15-03, 19:18
You should use 1g for each oz of cheese to be on the safe side. Manufacturers can put 0 carbs on the label if the count is less than one. Your cheese might have .9g carb per oz.

Does the package not have a weight printed on it?

Good luck!

PoofieD
Wed, Jan-15-03, 20:39
Yes.. they are right you need to be careful with carb counts.
One of the things helpful for measuring two ounces is a little food scale. They are everywhere and cost nothing.
Also.. think about starting a journal..
that is where a good portion of the action around here happens!

Nedra