PDA

View Full Version : question of Sommers

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Vera
Wed, Jan-15-03, 17:06
I just restarted the Sommers program. I let someone borrow my books, and they still haven't been returned, so I am unsure about how much time needs to elapse between fruit andb protein and between protein and fruit. Also, what did Suzanne have to say about milk? Was it non fat, or none at all? Or did she say to use cream. Or is it ok to use cream. What about cottage cheese?
Thanks to anybody who can help me out on this.
Vera

PoofieD
Wed, Jan-15-03, 21:01
On the milk.
Use non fat if your eating a carbs/veggies meal.
You can eat fruit 20 minutes before a carbs meal. 1 hour before a Protien/fats meal.
You can use non fat cottage cheese with a carbo's meal.
I hope that helps you out!
oh..and the cream with a protien fats meal
Nedra

Vera
Wed, Jan-15-03, 23:43
Thank you Nedra!
I see that you are on the Schwarzbein Principle. Can you tell me how it works for you, and why you like it? How long have you been on it?
Vera

Foxeylady
Thu, Jan-16-03, 07:50
Hi, I'm on the somersizing program too, but I could never get a handle ont he low fat, carb meals. I just always prefered the protein, fat, veggie meals, but I did feel as thought i should be having some cereal like foods. So now, I have very low carb cereals, panckes, 'muffins' that I can eat with fats (cream and butter) and its much more enjoyable. How do you find the fat free carb meals?
Nice to meet you!

PoofieD
Thu, Jan-16-03, 08:05
I like Schwarzbein a great deal. I adapt a bit more to Atkins type carb levels because I like that better, but my sister sticks pretty much to schwarzbein.
Good luck with what you are doing!
Nedra