PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CarolineR
Mon, Jan-13-03, 20:54
I just found this forum, and am glad I did! After having read many posts, I can tell that I will benefit from the advice of so many other LC'ers.

I started Atkins Induction on January 7th, and on the 10th, started experiencing my sugar withdrawls. Yep, I had a serious headache. But it only lasted one night, and I was fine the next day. IN fact, just like Atkins says, I found I have more energy, and just feel better in general! That says ALOT for LCing as a WOE, doesn't it?

I wasn't in poor health, but at 35 years of age, and being at least 30 lbs overweight, it was only a matter of time.

Anyway, after only three days on the induction, my ketostix are the darkest purple on the strip. And yes, I am drinking LOTS of water. I drink nothing else, with the exception of three low carb beers (michelob ultra) on Saturday night. Sure enough, my ketosticks showed trace ketones the next morning, and I was sure I'd blown it. Then I tested myself again, and by noon I was registering dark purple. So I learned from that experience, that by drinking alcohol, even low carb, I am only delaying results, so I will not be doing THAT for awhile.

I am taking a multivitamin, chomium piccolinate, gingko biloba, and vitamin c. I haven't yet started with the essential oils, but that is the next thing on my list, as well as getting myself to the gym. With all this extra energy, I might as well put it to good use right? Only problem I have with going to the gym, is the fact that I *know* how much it's going to hurt the next day, and I'm on my feet all day at work, so I dread the aches and pains in my legs. Any advice on overcoming this inital *out-of-shape* exerciser's affliction would be really appreciated.

Looking forward to chatting with you all! :D

Kristine
Mon, Jan-13-03, 21:33
Hello and welcome! Congrats on your success so far! :Party:

If you'll be exercising and you want to avoid soreness, ease yourself into it. Don't try to do everything your first day there. ;) Perhaps just do some treadmill walking, and maybe some light resistance training. Taking glutamine also helps with soreness.

Best of luck! :)

Kathy54
Tue, Jan-14-03, 00:51
Hi Caroline, I'm just behind you in the diet, you mentioned you are sore the next day after exercising, be sure to stretch really well at the end of your session, as well have you every tried Aquasizes ? It is so much fun and sooooo easy on your body, but you get a great workout.
Good Luck. Kathy54