PDA

View Full Version : cooking classes

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Arnie_g
Mon, Jan-13-03, 18:42
Karen,

I saw somewhere on this site that you sometimes teach low-carb cooking classes. Do you have any classes coming up?

I live in Vancouver and would be interested in taking one. I'm a real novice at this. Today is my first day on Atkins.

Thanks,
Arnie

micsing
Mon, Jan-13-03, 18:57
If you can't find a local school, keep on checking in on this website...there are some terrific cooks right here....I have found the best ideas here....alot more than by reading books or searching other sites....

In my opinion, the site is the best cooking school around!!

Check it out! Best of luck on a new way of life!!!

Micsing

Karen
Mon, Jan-13-03, 19:00
Congratulations on taking the first step Arnie!

Here's a link to a previous post on where and when the classes are:

Karen's Cooking Classes and Low Carb Dinners (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&postid=746032#post746032)

Karen

lioncub
Thu, Jan-23-03, 15:52
Thanks Karen for an excellent cooking class last night in West Van. Although I've been cooking low-carb for a while, it was great to see how you've invented and adapted some great recipes. I'm especially looking forward to preparing the Smashed Cauliflower & Garlic. :D

Cheers,
Eileen

Karen
Thu, Jan-23-03, 16:08
Thanks lioncub! It was a great class and a well informed audience. I like that!

Hope to see you at the dinner at the Fish House in February.

Karen

Arnie_g
Fri, Jan-24-03, 19:16
Originally posted by Karen

Hope to see you at the dinner at the Fish House in February.

Karen

Hi Karen,

As well as being low carbers, Both my wife and I can't have any alcohol. Do you think it is possible for the dinner at the Fish House to be prepared without any alcohol?

Maybe this is a silly question since the main course is called "Red Wine Braised Lamb Shank." But I just thought I'd check anyway.
We've been eating pretty blandly, as we are only about 12 days into Atkins now. Everything on your menu for the dinner looks soooooo good!

On another subject, it looks like all your upcoming cooking classes are full. But I'll keep checking to see if more are added some time.

Thanks,
Arnie

Karen
Fri, Jan-24-03, 21:38
Oh, we can slip you a piece of grilled steak or fish instead of the lamb shank. It's the only thing with alcohol in it.

I think there are spaces available at Caren's Cooking School (https://www.gourmetwarehouse.ca/content/main.cfm?fuseaction=school) on February 5.

Karen

Arnie_g
Sat, Jan-25-03, 13:32
Thanks Karen, somehow I missed that class when I looked at the website. I called this morning and registered both Trish and I. So, see you on the 5th.

Arnie

Karen
Sat, Jan-25-03, 14:06
See 'ya there!

Karen