PDA

View Full Version : My First Week.. Begins today!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

AmaniNura
Mon, Jan-13-03, 15:54
The weekend was a loss as far as my diet was concerned.. today is Monday and a new day.. I have successfully made my way through the birthday snack gauntlet. Tons of food.. here to celebrate a co-workers birthday. All SUGAR. I am very anxious to get this weight off.. I have lost weight before and it felt soooooooo good ... but when it stops coming off fast.. I lose momentum and give up. Some days I forget I am on a diet and then just grab something to eat since I am in a hurry an then regret it immediately after.

I am a 37 single mother of two sons left at home.. I have two grown sons too. I work two jobs.. go to school and have issues with my appearance. People say things like.. "you have such a cute face"...meaning... if you werent so fat.. you would be nice looking.. I know that not all advantages in life come to thin people.. but it does help get your foot in the door when you are not fat and unappealing. It always amazes me that the larger you are the more invisible you are. Strange huh?

I am not comfortable with advances when the weight starts to come off, but I will deal with that when the time comes. LOL>. I have so far to go. it will be a while before I even have to think about that! I wish everyone luck with changing your woe. I look forward to getting to know some of you via email. and postings.

Take care of yourselves.. and remember we can do it!

Talon
Tue, Jan-14-03, 05:37
Welcome! :wave:

You have indeed come to the right place. This site is great for support for those issues of diet as well as those issues of WHEN you loose weight and people start to notice. I beleive one of the reasons I failed the first time around at Atkins was I was not feeling comfy with the added attention. You are unfortunately right - us larger folks do tend to become invisible. :(

Don't worry, you aren't invisible to us. Welcome again!