PDA

View Full Version : New comer

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

usha
Sun, Jan-12-03, 18:08
Hi everybody:

My name is Usha and I am new here. I saw Dr. Atkins interview on Larry King Live and got interested. My main interest in losing weight is due to the diabetes that I have. I basically want some support and inspiration to lose weight and follow strictly a diabetic diet which I am unable to stick to.

I am also interested in knowing if the journal would help me to stick to my diet.

Thanks.

Natrushka
Mon, Jan-13-03, 08:56
Hi there Usha and welcome to the forum :) You'll find us a helpful and supportive bunch. Starting a journal sounds like a great idea :thup: I know mine has helped me stay on track and keep motivated. It's been a great tool to refer back to over the last 18 months. It's also a good place to make friends and get help with problems.

LC is a wonderful way to help manange insulin and glucose levels and you'll find many members here are using it to control diabetes. There's even a diabetes forum under the General Health forums with lots of useful information.

Have a good look around and be sure to check out the Newbies' Questions forum.

Cheers,
Nat

usha
Mon, Jan-13-03, 20:54
Thanks for the welcome.

How do I get to the diabetes forum?

Usha