PDA

View Full Version : Weighing !!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Tigra1965
Fri, Jan-10-03, 09:14
Hi Everyone (Again)

Got another question for you - this time its as regards weighing - of ourselves that is !!!!

Over the course of this week - I have lost 7lb :D - does that mean I alter my stats by 7lb or do I divide it by 7 (number of days) and then input the total - which for me will only be 1lb - this time.

Sorry about this - but I am trying to follow CAD to the letter this time and want to get it right.

Vel
Fri, Jan-10-03, 09:41
Hi Tigra...

I think the idea is that you weigh yourself every day then average all your daily weights to find out what your average weight for the week was. If you didn't weigh yourself every single day, you can still do it. Just add up the weights from all the days you did weigh.. then divide by the number of times you weighed. If you only weighed yourself once this last week, then 7 divided by one weigh-in, is a 7 lb loss :)

I do this all the time and it really helps. It avoides me feeling like I am not going anywhere on the days that I don't lose, because I have had an average loss every single week since I started :)

alicia50
Fri, Jan-10-03, 14:02
Tigra

This is my second week on CAD and I also average my

weight the same as Vel, and doing so every day I feel

adds to the motivational aspect.

Lana

Tigra1965
Sat, Jan-11-03, 03:11
Thanks Vel

I appreciate your reply - but am still confused by it.

I lost weight at an average of 1lb per day - yep I understand that. But overall that was a 7lb loss over the week - so I've altered my stats my 7lb - that is correct is it not ?

You'll have to excuse me - its still early in the morning and DH has been up half of the night poorly - so not much sleep for me.

Thanks again :wave:

Atkid
Sun, Jan-12-03, 19:57
Originally posted by Tigra1965
But overall that was a 7lb loss over the week - so I've altered my stats my 7lb - that is correct is it not ?

Yes it is.

dfletcher
Sat, Feb-08-03, 11:16
Where am I supposed to put my weight loss? Do I just go on and change my current weight in my profile?

Lila2002
Sat, Feb-08-03, 11:24
Yes, Diane, change it in your profile.

skyspinner
Sat, Feb-08-03, 13:31
Tigra, if you don't yet have a book written by the Hellers, by all means get one right away. They go over things like this very carefully because it's confusing to a lot of folks at first.

Then read it and just average your weight exactly the way they say.

How you change your stats is really up to you, but it's probably not as confusing if you simply record your weekly average weight on your "weigh in" day and let the software take care of figgering the percentage for you.

And, may I say, kudos on having this particular problem.....it means you are LOSING!!!! Yayyyyyy, you!

Take care....see you soon.

dfletcher
Sat, Feb-08-03, 18:54
I'm confused. Where are we supposed to post this information?