PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Day

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

KATARINAVT
Thu, Jan-09-03, 18:15
hi everyone! day 3 and I have lost 1 pound and my boyfriend put on 5. why? :wave: :wave:

AmberAA1
Thu, Jan-09-03, 19:19
Hi and Congrats on losing the 1 pound. Is your BF eating the same food as you? He may be doing something different when he is at work than you are. You have to check all labels that is most important. But people are different,and their bodies react different to different things. Are you both still on induction? I noticed that the slightest infraction shows on the scale. Even if you don't know you are making a mistake. When I saw something wrong ( scale wise) I would check everynew thing I ate. Just something to check in to. Don't forget to check the forum out for all the recipes and ideas on snacks.
Also have you tried fitday.com to keep track of your carbs, it's a real helper. Have a great LC weekend.

LittleAnne
Fri, Jan-10-03, 07:53
Hi and welcome to this forum.

Congratulations on your own weight loss. Hopefully more pounds will follow them shortly.

With regard to your BF putting on 5 pounds it would be a good idea for him and you to record your food somewhere, either in a book or on Fitday, as already suggested. If you cheat on Atkins then you will not loose weight as you will not be getting rid of your store of glucose in your muscles, liver and elsewhere. So has he been cheating? Alternatively has he been eating a lot more than he would do usually, calorie wise. A lot of fatty products. I have found that if I have too high a fat content then I will not loose. However, you should never try to do a low calorie version of low carb.

Make sure you are drinking enough water as this is needed to process your food and to flush out the toxins afterwards. It is important to drink a lot of water, too little and you will not loose weight as your body holds on to what it has.

Every success to you both.