PDA

View Full Version : New here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

desertmama
Mon, Jan-06-03, 19:36
Hi all! My husband and I started the Atkins' program this past Saturday. I tested positive for ketosis last night and am very pleased to actually *see* something happening! Friday was also the last day I had any caffeine and I've really felt out of sorts since, so please excuse me if I sound a bit air-headed ;). I now that's also a part of induction so I'll plug through.

My biggest hurdle right now is snacking. I've got three very young children (one set of twins) and have discovered how much I actually nibbled throughout the day while fixing them meals and snacks. We bought a bag of pork rinds/scratchings but can't eat too many at one time because we get sick of the taste. I've tried slices of cheese and hard-boiled eggs but am already trying to think of some variety. I know snacking isn't terribly good because I'm trying to stay under 20 grams (and I'm drinking a lot of water to make me feel more full) so I'm hoping to find some alternatives.

catspaw
Mon, Jan-06-03, 19:52
Hi! Welcome aboard the LC train. I know what you mean about snacking being difficult. If you go to the orange bar at the top you'll find a link for LC recipes. There are some great recipes out there that you can use- some are quite ingenious.

I hate pork rinds, except in the french toast recipe. :D

This is a great forum, and you can find loads of information on just about any topic. Everyone here is happy to help, so feel free to post whenever. Best of luck!