PDA

View Full Version : Been on CALP for 7 days

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ageekott
Mon, Jan-06-03, 12:10
Hi All,

I've now been on CALP for 7 days. I have in effects gained 1lb, i'm now at 195lbs. I know why this happened, i went all crazy with my RM. I actually went down 1lb on the 3rd day to 193lbs then i went all crazy and overindulged on chinese thus gaining 3lbs overnight. No more chinese food for a while and non of that carbo craziness. I'm now back on track and looking forward to the end of my 2nd week. Happy CALPing!!!!!

JudyTrue
Mon, Jan-06-03, 15:12
Hi:

Please don't worry about the temporary gain. You're very new to this WOE and it will take a while to discover what works, and doesn't, for you. Also, it's common for folks to gain when changing plans and up only one pound is really very good! Just try to keep everything balanced at your RM.

Chinese is a no-no for me, too. I think it's either the sodium or the MSG, but it consistently stalls me out. Problem is, I LOVE CHINESE, so I just don't have it often.

Hang in there, kiddo, you're doing fine!

luv67fire
Mon, Jan-06-03, 21:22
Yep, Chinese is usually a DEFINITE stall for me. Sometimes I gain, sometimes I don't, but I usually don't lose even .5lb for the next three or four days.

If I do have Chinese, try to skip the chow mein.... that stuff will get ya every time.

ageekott
Tue, Jan-07-03, 08:55
Hi JudyTrue and luv67fire,

The chinese food really did get me. No more for a while. I would patiently wait in regards to losing the lbs. But things have to start happening soon.