PDA

View Full Version : What am I doing wrong ?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

GoodTxGirl
Mon, Jan-06-03, 07:53
Ok, here I am at day 9 and I have only lost 4 pounds! What in the world am I doing wrong...I follow all the rules, drink the water and do a little bit of exercising and Im already stuck....the book says there is less a chance of plateaus on this program but apparently I have hit one or else Im messing up somewhere ! Any advice anyone ? Im getting frustrated and when I do I usually just quit.....I don't want that to happen this time but I do know myself. :confused:

seesawgirl
Mon, Jan-06-03, 08:10
You are crazy for getting down on yourself about 4 lbs in days. you are only supposed to losed 1-2 lbs a week! Give it time hon, it sems to me you are doing great. So stop being so worried, I think you are doing just fine! :spin:

GoodTxGirl
Mon, Jan-06-03, 08:40
I guess it just seems like everyone is doing so much better than that.....Im not a patient person :D .... I will try to go a little easier but I guess I need to see results to stay motivated....Thanks for the encouragement.

Vel
Mon, Jan-06-03, 09:31
was to measure myself right at the beginning, so that I could check the measurements, as well as the scales for results.

I do think you are doing fine as well, but if you lost the whole 4 pounds in the first day or two, I can understand starting to get frustrated.

I would double check to make sure you aren't having something during the day that isn't meant for a CM, make sure you aren't having anything between meals, and that your RM is no more than an hour. Artificial sweetners have caused stalls for people too. You may have to "tweak" things a little.

I would also try to focus less on the scales... do your daily weigh in, average it weekly and forget it for a while. Other than weight, how are you feeling on CAD? Are you experiencing the freedom from cravings, and the general "rightness" of it, that a lot of people talk about? For myself.. even when I have had weeks that I haven't lost much.. I just feel so much better that I am not willing to give that up, even if the plateau lasts a while.

Take care.. stay calm :)

TeriDoodle
Mon, Jan-06-03, 09:37
Whoaaaa there!! You're upset because you've only lost 4# in 9 days?? Girlfriend, you're going to have to get real here or you'll be in for a very rough ride!! I'd like you to take a look at my old weight loss chart... click here. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62526) It's full of ups, downs and periods with no loss at all!! This is very normal and natural and you need to accept the fact that weight loss doesn't occur on your timetable or according to the chart you have in your mind! Be patient with your body and learn to go with the flow! You'll have a lot more fun along the way!! Concentrate on making this a part of your life, not just a diet to get you to Point X. Relax and enjoy experimenting in the kitchen and making new friends here on this board.... you'll do just fine! :thup:

GoodTxGirl
Mon, Jan-06-03, 09:46
I know in my mind that you are all correct...and I know that I should be more patient but Vel is right, I lost the 4 lbs in the first couple of days and now I just feel like it has stopped...makes it difficult for someone like me (driven but easily deterred) to stay motivated......I will occupy my brain by watching all my CMs and see if Im missing something....and hopefully by that time I will see another pound or something :) You guys are so great to help keep me on track.....Im not real good at this "change" thing...hahahahaha :D

mnokat
Mon, Jan-06-03, 10:20
You might want to start a journal and post all of your meals so all of us encouraging meddlers can take a peek at what you're eating and see if you maybe are doing something out of whack for the CALP plan.

In the meantime, Everyone is right... 4 lbs in 9 days is an impressive feat. I know how easy it is to want quick results... but patience is something you are really going to need to cultivate if you want to follow a LC plan, lose weight, and keep it off.

Having a Journal has really helped keep me motivated though. I highly recommend it!

Good luck!
Kate

GoodTxGirl
Mon, Jan-06-03, 11:28
I'll go read up on how to start a journal and start posting my meals......any help is appreciated and I don't think you guys are meddlers....your actually my lifeline to keep me honest and on track :)

luv67fire
Mon, Jan-06-03, 21:21
Hehehe... only 4# in 9 days... too cute!

Hon, I'm just gonna repeat above, that is a lot for 9 days. It is really not "healthy" to lose more than 2 pounds a week anyways, so you are right on track.

When I first started, I lost 8 pounds in 9 days, but then didn't lose for another 2.5 weeks. Then it started coming off again, not as fast, but certainly was coming off.

Patience is the key.... If I didn't have patience, I would have quit any diet I came across that didn't let me lose all my weight in two months.

GoodTxGirl
Tue, Jan-07-03, 09:14
I started the journal (its under G for GoodTxGirl)....and you guys can feel free to comment on my meals, since that is the only way I will fix whatever might be holding me back.....

Cassie, I know you and the others are right and I will work on my patience with this woe....I know I didn't gain it that fast so I probably shouldn't plan on losing it that fast :) But I am learning, and the help and encouragement Im getting from everyone is a huge boost to keep me going :)