PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone...I'm at it one more time

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

marleegirl
Sun, Jan-05-03, 20:10
Ok....so I messed up during xmas!!! And yes, I feel guilty and terrible. I tried to start Atkins before the holidays. BIG MISTAKE. I'm back on track and ready to start. Tomorrow it begins for me. INDUCTION. I've done it before and lost 15 pounds. But of course, gained it back. This was awhile ago though. Anyways...I'm on a mission to get my life back. I'm a 28 year old female dying to find myself again. I used to be thin and at about age 19 I started gaining. I guess it was the partying and eating late at night... ya know the college thing. Well, it continued until the next thing I knew I didn't recognize myself in the mirror. It was very depressing. I can't wait to be able to get myself back. The things I miss most of all are all of the small things. Being able to get up and not feeling so uncomfortable. I MISSS SO MUCH buying cute clothes...and feeling great when I go out. All I do now is smother myself in black. Not, that it helps anymore. But I of course feel better in it. I could go on forever and ever with the small things. I'm sure a lot of you know exactly what they are. But I am on a mission to get my life back. I hope to hear from some of you for support. I've read through a lot of the boards and I am very inspired by a lot of you. If anyone starting needs a buddy feel free to email me for support. God knows I need it. Take Care:)

Kristine
Sun, Jan-05-03, 22:09
Hello and welcome! Best of luck to you! Don't worry about the Christmas holidays; most of us overindulged. :rolleyes: It happens. Especially when you throw in the stress, family traditions, family stress... ;)

A good way to buddy up is to start a journal. We can offer suggestions, or just listen to you rant. :D Whatever you'd like!

Cheers!

Marion13
Mon, Jan-06-03, 03:16
Welcome back... you know you can do it, you've had success in the past. It all comes down to how much you want to succeed. We are all here to help and support each other. Good luck!!

Maz

marleegirl
Mon, Jan-06-03, 08:32
Thanks for the support. I will be starting a journal today.

mystery2u
Mon, Jan-06-03, 08:35
Welcome,

You made a postive step in starting adkins. Good Luck and happy LC'n.

marleegirl
Mon, Jan-06-03, 08:43
Thanks:) I absolutely love that quote!!! It is great....and boy ain't it the truth. I'm on my way.