PDA

View Full Version : Hello, New at this!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Jaynee
Sun, Jan-05-03, 15:02
Hi All. Well I have never been on a diet in my life. I was always micro thin without trying, but about 5 years ago, at age of 32, lost my job, went back to school and gained about 30 pounds. I started to seriously jog about a year ago and got up to about 6 to 8k five times a week. But I did not loose one pound, the scale didn't move. It was very disappointing.

So hear I am. Not sure how to start this new way of eating or living. I am seriously addicted to sugar. I like beer too, but I won't have a problem not drinking that. It is the sugar that is going to be very hard for me to stop. I am quite lazy when it comes to journals and such, but I really want to lose this weight. It is depressing the hell out of me. Anyways, Hi and here's to thinner and healthier New Years.

Talon
Sun, Jan-05-03, 15:06
Hi and welcome to the forum! :wave:

Since you haven't quite decided which plan you are going to follow, I suggest reading the quick link to the right titled "Which low-carb plan is right for me?"

And once you decide on a plan, get the book and read! It will be well worth it.