PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Intro

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Albatross
Fri, Jan-03-03, 23:33
Hello. I'm new to low-carb, having been pointed in this direction by my onetime trainer.

But I don't learn well from books and I'm very busy (I'm a dad, a writer, and an entrepreneur), so on the nutrition side I need really simple guidelines (analyzing a label is about as complex as I can get).

The best I've been able to do is to decide to eat less and exercise more, and with my trainer's advice try to focus on lower carbs and more protein. I've been working out for a couple of years, and dropped from 225 to 200 lbs, where I've plateaued out. My workout is a six-day weight cycle of 2 front torso, 2 back torso and 2 legs, with a 5K row each day.

I stumbled across this place when searching for information about the EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control Nutrition Bar: the message I read was very enlightening, describing "hidden carbs" and other things I'd never hear of before. This looks like a very interesting site!

Anyway, last year on January 1st I managed a resolution to work out 6 days a week, and managed it for one month (then I tried to insert aikido practice every other day and that was too complex and the system broke down). So with a new year upon me, I'm beginning again with exercise every day.

I'm looking forward to learning some simple tips that will help me lose that second 25 lbs. Any advice is welcome!

Talon
Sat, Jan-04-03, 05:46
Welcome to the forum! :wave:

I think in order to make sure you are treating your health properly you are going to have to do a little bit of ready. This forum offers some stickies and hot links at the top of the newbies forum that are great references and also www.atkinscenter.com for the Atkins diet.

Good luck!