PDA

View Full Version : Can't get insurance cause of weight..any suggestion?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Luisa777
Thu, Jan-02-03, 10:46
Hi ladies.. I really need to have insurance. at the moment I still have the medicaid from having the baby but in April I will no longer be covered, and no insurance company will approve me because of my weight! :mad: I don't know what to do, I can't afford to pay for the doctor visits and labs...if you know of any company that insures people that weigh over 220lbs please let me know

Thanks and take care :wave:

karich
Wed, Jan-15-03, 08:26
Your best bet is going to be group insurance. I think it's a national law (it is here in Tennessee) that they have to cover you no matter your health. Are you a member of any organization that has
coverage? My husband belongs to one of
electricians. The requirement for us getting the group was he had to be a member for two years and has too keep his membership while the insurance is in place. Might be worth a try?

Another idea is to phone your state's insurance commission, they might know who would insure you.

Kara

Luisa777
Wed, Jan-15-03, 09:33
Hi Kara, thanks for replying to my post. can I ask you a question? when you said your husband was part of an organization, did you mean he works for that company or is he a member by paying a membership fee?
Thank you so much for your help!

Take care :wave:

karich
Wed, Jan-15-03, 12:38
Hi Luisa,

He's a member by paying a membership
fee (his group requires that he have a certain degree and a few other things)
I'm sure there are lots of organizations that offer something similar.... just need to find them.

kara