PDA

View Full Version : New Member/Introduction/Goals

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Smurfy
Thu, Jan-02-03, 08:09
Hello, everyone! I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I have been on the Atkins before but have gone off because I am the most incredible choloholic that you will find but it seems the one thing that makes me break my diet is McDonalds cheeseburgers. I am here in Heidelberg, Germany currently working for the military but I should be coming back to the states sometime soon. Lets see, this is my New Year's resolution, to get back to where I was, weight wise, before I quit smoking. There have been a few determining factors. On of which was when I went to the doctors, stepped on the scale and it said 186lbs. That was enough to put me into further depression! The other thing was that, lately, I have been accused, not once, not twice, but THREE times of being pregnant. I don't think I can take it anymore so I have, as of the first of January, gone back on. I am now in the second day of induction and have started back on the eliptical trainer, God willing, 30 minutes in the morning, 30 minutes at night. I guess the first thing that I would like from this forum is to have those that have been there to keep me going, second is to help me because I can't seem to know when to get off the induction when the time is finished because I don't know what I am supposed to do (I must be retarded since I have read the book 3 times). If there is anyone that can give me some guidance and maybe tell me what to do, I would REALLY appreciate it.

Kristine
Thu, Jan-02-03, 11:59
Hello and welcome! :wave:

I'm a recovering chocoholic, too, and trust me, it gets easier! I rarely crave chocolate anymore. When I do have it, it's almost too sweet and too rich. If you think cravings might drive you nuts, be sure to be prepared: consider buying some glutamine suppliments, and have lots of 'legal' snacks around. Don't let yourself get hungry.

Those McDonalds cheeseburgers shouldn't knock you off your plan: there's nothing wrong with throwing out the bun. :) I do that sometimes.

You can stay on induction for as long as you like. :thup: It's just that most people get bored after two weeks, and prefer to add a few more foods. It's entirely up to you.

Best of luck to you, and happy new year!

DWRolfe
Thu, Jan-02-03, 13:40
Welcome to the forum!

Kick back, settle in, and navigate your way around. There’s more information than you ever imagined here…and great people, too!

Induction isn't easy, but it's the only way to get to the promised land! And you can still have some McDonald's cheeseburgers (no buns and no ketchup) on top of a McDonald's salad. But the further into this WOE you get, you'll probably find things to take the place of that craving. And chocolate? Well, I just ate a LC chocolate cheesecake from a recipe in this forum. You need only to educate yourself, adapt, work out and get healthy and happy.

Good luck!

Donald :wave:

wvets
Mon, May-27-13, 17:40
Hi I am wvets i did atkins 2 for ten years total both when Atkins was alive. He learned more and more over the years. I now due dr. Bernstein as i am a diabetic. I did it when my doctor thought i was crazy but after a while he put low carb on my chart after reading book., He left VA and now my primary is an endocrinologist.She feels if it works ok. I was just tested for gastroprisis. so i can sugars regulate my sugar's better.I have a slow digestion sometime I get so large i look pregnant. All of a sudden i go. Take softener nothing worked, I am allergic to everything.sulfite's and some vegetable make me choke. I am also allergic to vinegar. I was on 40 units long acting sugars to low,1/2 and have cream coffee and i maintain 152 but to high so may have to increase my insulin short.We did like this a long while ago.