PDA

View Full Version : beginner

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

1wonders
Wed, Jan-01-03, 14:30
Am new at the carb counting business ....have seen some books and browsed through them...but either i am dumb or can't read but what is the normal carb intake per day????? I am male and weigh 285#...would like to get to 175#
Is 30 grams a day too much....or is there a magic number?

Talon
Wed, Jan-01-03, 14:39
Welcome to the forum! :wave:

For the induction period (first two weeks) your carb count should be limited to 20 grams a day. After that period you can, if you wish, raise your carb count by 5 grams a day each week. And if you wish raise it by 5 grams each week until you reach your CCL (Critical Carbohydrate Level) at which you no longer loose weight, and then reduce it by 5 grams and stay there. For example:

1st week: 20 grams
2nd week: 20 grams
3rd week (or off induction): 25 grams
4th week: 30 grams
--- and if this is where you find yourself not losing, then
5th week: 25 grams.

Hope that is clearer than mud! :)

deze
Wed, Jan-01-03, 15:07
Hi 1wonders!

hope you enjoy the world of LC, I think you will find it helps you alot in that you will have more energy and feel less bogged down by too many carbs!

I would suggest also beginning a journal so that we can give you feedback if you need it.

Check out www.fitday.com and you can enter what you eat and then cut and paste the stats in your journal. This is very very helpful!

Also make use of the search option on here to surf around on the LC site to see how others are doing (check their journals) and to get alot of info. This is an excellent place to be, you will get tons of support and ideas!!

good luck, and never forget that YOU have the power to transform your life!!!

cheers,
j

Trixiegal
Wed, Jun-11-03, 16:35
Hi! :q:

Trixiegal
Wed, Jun-11-03, 16:42
Just want to meet some other people who are trying to lose weight like I am!