PDA

View Full Version : DeJa-Vu

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Carrie Ann
Wed, Jan-01-03, 06:54
:rolleyes: Hmmmmmm This is like deja-vu!!! I think I was doing the exact same thing last year at this time!!!! And I could kick myself for having to start over!!
I started the atkins program last year on January 2nd. My goal was to go from 208 to 170. Well, I never got to 170, however, after I became engaged my goal went to fitting in a size 12 wedding dress... at 6feet tall, I can pull off having some extra weight, especially when I am exercising and in good muscle shape. Well, I did meet that goal, on October 12th at 185ish I wore my size 12!!!!
However, since that date I have been eating like a pig gone wild, hence the reason on January 2nd, I am back at about 210, ready to Atkins again!!!
Argh!! I just think back, were the chips and dip and cookies really worth it?!?!? NO!!! oh well... I think what really did it, was the lack of exercise... I have not done ANYTHING since October, when I was walking and doing a kick boxing class prior to that!!! Oh well... I will get back into my smaller clothes...probably even after induction I will feel better.... I don't feel quite so bad because my husband has done the same thing.... he said... hahah... we will be fat in the winter and skinny in the summer!!!!
Atleast I know I can do the Atkins and be succesful, and that it won't take that long before I am feeling better!!!! I think coming back here and using the diary and support of others helps A LOT also...
Well, I look forward to finding a few bddies to motivate and keep me motivated!!! Good Luck to everyone and Happy New Year!!!

Talon
Wed, Jan-01-03, 08:08
Welcome back! :wave:

Here is to a new year of sticking on the low carb eating plan!

Gill Birch
Wed, Jan-01-03, 08:47
How many times on 1st - 2nd January are WE all saying, lets start a diet.

You looked lovely in your Wedding Dress and really you can't be that overweight being so tall, so it must have just crept up on you.

Good luck getting down into those smaller clothes again.

It's so easy when the colder weather comes - I don't know what the weather is like where you are, but easier to pull on track suit bottoms and thicker jumpers, they hide a multitude of lumps and bumps.

Speak again.

All the best.

Gill Birrch.

prissy1
Mon, Jun-02-08, 20:33
Hello,

This is the first time for me to talk to anyone over the computer like this, I certainly do appreciate everyone being so friendly and helpful. I am just starting today and I do not know much. I need to do homework and get me a Atkins diet book. I feel kind of stupid because I have only heard about the diet from a friend at work and I am just doing what she said, so I need to definately get more information, right now I am craving watermelon and not sure if that is allowed. Anyway just from your message which is the first one I came upon, I'm sure I'll get alot of help, sounds like this will be great support. So thanks and hello

Prissy1

Kisal
Mon, Jun-02-08, 21:54
Hello,

This is the first time for me to talk to anyone over the computer like this, I certainly do appreciate everyone being so friendly and helpful. I am just starting today and I do not know much. I need to do homework and get me a Atkins diet book. I feel kind of stupid because I have only heard about the diet from a friend at work and I am just doing what she said, so I need to definately get more information, right now I am craving watermelon and not sure if that is allowed. Anyway just from your message which is the first one I came upon, I'm sure I'll get alot of help, sounds like this will be great support. So thanks and hello

Prissy1Welcome! It's very nice to have you here! :) Unfortunately, the Atkins plan doesn't allow watermelon, or any other sweet fruit, during the first 2 weeks. You can have sugar-free Jell-O, though, and even a bit of homemade whipped cream with it if you like.

Hon, this thread you have posted on is from way back in 2003. On the left hand end of the colored bar that's right above your user name -- the bar is kind of a pink color on my monitor; yours may be different -- you will see the date that the post was made. Your post, for instance, indicates that it was made Today at the time 19:33. You have not done anything "wrong"! I just wanted to help you learn how to use the forum a little better. :)

I hope to see you posting often here! :wave:

prissy1
Tue, Jun-03-08, 13:38
thanks so much for letting me know about postings, but I don't see what your telling me on the postings. I'm 59 and it takes me a while to figure things out, sometimes I have to be told 2 or 3 times but I will get it. so I'll read what you posted again and see if I can get in on all the information ya'll have to offer for this year.

Thanks Prissy1

Kisal
Tue, Jun-03-08, 14:35
All the posts on a thread are separated by a colored bar. On my monitor, the bar is a kind of peach/pinkish color, but since different monitors sometimes display colors differently, the color of the bar you see on your monitor may be a slightly different color -- perhaps orange. That colored bar actually marks the "top" of each post. On the far left end of it, the date and time the post was made is displayed. Look right above the picture of my dog and you will see the day and time I made this post! :)

It isn't any big deal. I just thought since you said you were new to posting on forums, it would help you to be able to identify the "active" threads, as opposed to the very old ones. :)

prissy1
Mon, Jun-09-08, 07:00
Hello,
I need help, I have a Dr appt this coming Friday, but I just wanted to know if the weakness I'm experiencing is from this diet. Maybe someone has had this happen before, I was thinking maybe I don't get in 20 carbs, but I am pretty accurate about that I think, I do know somtimes it's difficult becasue I don't feel like eating at all. The carbs I do get are from vegetables,like green beans. I know a Dr would know, I'm just asking.

Luzyanna
Mon, Jun-09-08, 21:40
Hi and welcome back. :)

Kisal
Tue, Jun-10-08, 12:07
Hello,
I need help, I have a Dr appt this coming Friday, but I just wanted to know if the weakness I'm experiencing is from this diet. Maybe someone has had this happen before, I was thinking maybe I don't get in 20 carbs, but I am pretty accurate about that I think, I do know somtimes it's difficult becasue I don't feel like eating at all. The carbs I do get are from vegetables,like green beans. I know a Dr would know, I'm just asking.You don't have to eat 20g of carbs/day. That's just the maximum you're allowed! :)

The weakness is temporary, and you should feel better in a few days. It means you're using up the sugar stored in your liver and converting to using fat as fuel. Many people find that a good quality multivitamin tablet each day, along with a little extra potassium and magnesium helps to overcome the weakness. :)

As for the type of vitamin tablet you choose, many people prefer those that do not contain iron. OTOH, my doctor told me to make sure I took one that did contain iron. He said it was because of my age -- I'm 63. :wave:

prissy1
Thu, Jun-12-08, 11:56
Thank you so very much for the infoabout my weakness and your 100% right, it is going away!!