PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lorettagay
Tue, Dec-31-02, 16:57
Hello everyone! I am new to this forum. I am a female, 53 years old, married with 3 children and 6 grandchildren. I was desparate to lose weight and had already set an appointment to see a surgeon about weight loss surgery, when I decided to make low-carb work for me. I'm very determined to make my goal. I enjoy computer surfing and mystery movies. Today I was searching for liquid splenda and found this site. I've read several post today and even emailed the splenda folks to support the requests of this group. I'm mostly a lurker but I'm sure you will hear from me some. Looking forward to what I can learn here.
:wave:

shannonlea
Tue, Dec-31-02, 17:02
You've come to the right place ! This site is very supportive. I recomment beginning a journal and starting with that. It helps you unwind and keep track of what you eat. Of course I just use mine to blab on and on.. lol Good Luck to you!!!

Hlinda0774
Tue, Dec-31-02, 17:37
Hi my name is Linda. I am 55 have 4 grown children and 11 grandchildren. I have been trying to lose weight and nothing has helped i have been diagnosed with thyroid disease and would like to try ths low carb diet. I need lots of support and hope we all can help each other

Rosebud
Wed, Jan-01-03, 00:04
Hi Loretta, welcome!

This really is a great site, with lots of support. Have a good look around, there is information all over.

Check out the orange bar at the top of your screen, especially "Low Carb Tips."

Anther good source of info is "Hot Links" which you'll find in the Newbies' Questions forum. It's a collection of previous thgreads where a lot of common questions have been asked and answered.

Hi there Linda, and welcome to you, too!

I notice you haven't chosen a plan yet. If you look to the right side of the screen, you'll see "Which low carb plan is right for me?" which contains a summary of the major plans. The best advice I can possibly give you (apart from checking the spots I've mentioned to Loretta above) is to choose a plan and buy the latest copy of the book.

I wish you both all the best!

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

sugfree
Tue, Jun-07-11, 13:19
Hey all- I was searching for the carb count of soybean pods and found this site. I don't think i actually found my answer- before i started registering here. I initially lost 40 lbs low-carbbing back in 2008, and because of health issues and inability to exercise have gained a couple back. i have a new goal and very excited to reach it- I've done alot of homework in the past, have learned alot from dietitians at my place of employment and have a ton of favorite lowcarb recipes- I can't wait to share some of the best kept secrets!
Besides the results, I think my favorite part of a low carb lifestyle is that its like a game- I'm bad at math and subtracting fiber and sugar alcohols keeps me on the ball, and definitely puts a spin on the norm!
Talk soon!