PDA

View Full Version : Hi I am new and would like a lot of support to keep me going....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Ambylee
Mon, Dec-30-02, 17:10
Hi I am trying the Atkins diet once again.... I do lose weight on it.. but sometimes it gets hard to stay on it. Especially since I am 22, and a lot of my friends do not have a weight problem yet. I really want to lose the weight, not just for myself but for my husband also. We have been married for a little over two years now and we would like to start a family within the next three years. I DO NOT want to be overweight beginning a pregnacny. Plus the fact that I believe I have had trouble getting pregnant because of the weight. I am determined to stick to it this time and get back to the normal me. I used to weigh 122 lbs and I was active in softball and cheerleading. I really miss those days. I would appreciate a lot of support to keep me going. I am also looking for a buddy in Oregon..the Salem area would be great. Thanks a lot!

-Amber

jedigddss
Mon, Dec-30-02, 17:15
Welcome to the forum, Amber :wave:

You will find plenty of support here if that is what you are lacking. I am wishing you much success on your journey! Take some time and browse the forum to get some helpful hints on staying on track. I dont live near Oregon, but any help that I can be, I'll be happy!

Lisa

Ambylee
Mon, Dec-30-02, 17:19
Thanks for your support! I really do appreciate it. I can't wait to start losing weight! :)

bob
Mon, Dec-30-02, 17:26
:wave:
Congratulations on your decision to get started on Atkins again. I'm a new member here also and really amazed at the huge amount of support I see here. I think these forums are going to be a tremendous help to us. Hang in there and I have no doubt you'll get back to the old 130 lb you! :clap:

Ambylee
Mon, Dec-30-02, 17:40
Thanks Bob! I was wondering how long it has taken you to lose the weight you have so far...?

bob
Mon, Dec-30-02, 18:08
I actually started Atkins in April, so about 8 months, but I know of others who have lost a lot faster than me. I'm not really too worried about losing it fast, as long as I can get it thru my thick skull that this is the best way for me to lose weight and keep it off...more of a change in eating habits than a "diet". I'm in the chatroom now too, if you'd like to talk.

Ambylee
Mon, Dec-30-02, 18:35
Hmmm well I would like to come in the chat room..but it keeps reloading a blank page with a server time in the bottom left hand corner. I have cookies enabled, and I am logged in.... Soooo I am not sure what the problem is :(

bob
Mon, Dec-30-02, 19:38
Ahhh, there were a few of us in there. We kept seeing you come in and didn't know why you wouldn't talk. Sorry it wouldn't work for you...hopefully next time. Maybe one of the gurus here can tell you why it's not working.