PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

JAYJOY
Mon, Dec-30-02, 09:09
Hi all you lo-carbers!

Decided to introduce myself after purusing posts for the last few days. My name is Joyce, and I'm almost 44, 2 teenagers and a husband of 21 yrs. I've just started a career that is very challenging and am determined to lose the 25lbs of fat that has been plaguing me for 30 years. I've tried many diets, and been up and down 20 lbs from my current weight of 153, but mostly have been this weight since I've been a teenager. I've decided to try CAD again (I tried it for a week or two many years ago, but used the reward meals as a binge, and didn't feel good about it)
Now I have more control, and don't like the feeling of overeating, and I realize the effect of sugar and refined carbs on my body. I love the locarb woe because I can enjoy a lot of things I have restricted myself to in the past on lo-cal, lofat diets, and the bloating and cravings are going and I feel much calmer and able to make better decisions concerning my eating.

It's great to read your posts and to have such a support and info group out there. I sincerely hope you all reach your goals, as I know what it's like to be constantly tired and frustrated with an overweight body. But I really have hope that if we listen to our bodies and work out what's right for each of us, we will succeed, if we stay open, hopeful and patient.....very patient!!!

Joyce

Talon
Mon, Dec-30-02, 10:52
Welcome to the forum! :wave:

I wish you much success in your new way of eating!

Kristine
Mon, Dec-30-02, 14:15
Greetings! :wave: Have you read the more recent CAD? From what I've heard, it's more restrictive on the reward meal. No bingeing. :nono:

Best of luck, and happy new year to you!

JAYJOY
Tue, Dec-31-02, 14:10
Thank-you Talon and Kristine for welcoming me to the forum!

Yes, I have read the new calp and the more balanced and restricted reward meal is a much better idea! Although the past few days I haven't even wanted to eat the allowed carbs or dessert that is allowed, so I was thinking I might want to switch to a plan that limited the carbs the whole day. I just bought the Scwarzbein priciple 2 today, it looks interesting, we'll see. So far, so good, my husband has been suprised and pleased about all the meat added back to our menu's, after years of low-fatting it!

Happy New Year !!! ...JayJoy

JAYJOY
Tue, Dec-31-02, 14:13
Oh, I wanted to ask you, Kristine, I see you are at your goal weight, Did you lose it all on PP? How long did it take?

JayJoy