PDA

View Full Version : Glad to be here!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

revcarly
Fri, Dec-27-02, 09:31
Hey everyone!

I am a 53 year old mother of 4 children and an artist. I live in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

I just happened to stumble accross this website and am SO glad that I did!

3 years ago I had many health problems. I had constant headaches, joint pains, sleep problems and was overweight (206 pounds)

My girlfriend introduced me to the book Protein Power. Now at the time I was drinking 6 cans of pepsi a day and the thought of restricting my carbs to 30 a day seemed imposssible! However I was miserable and decided to give it a try.

I had lost 48 pounds and 9 inches within 3 months! My headaches stopped and I had no more health problems!

I maintained my program for almost 2 years and then last Thanksgiving I decided that I would just revert for the holidays...well I have not been able to get back on successfully. I have gained back 15 pounds and I am again starting to have my assorted health problems again! Those carbs are evil...but addictive!

I am hoping that I can take advantage of any support and information that this site has to offer and get jazzed up again!

Bountiful
Fri, Dec-27-02, 11:04
I've just started my LC WOE and also hope to get rid of constant headaches, bad night's sleep, and that extra weight :( .

Going through withdrawals at the moment :mad: and am looking at the site alot for support to keep going.

I'm sure you'll find it helpful - there are some very supportive people on line.

Good luck

Sue :wave:

Talon
Fri, Dec-27-02, 11:04
Welcome to the forum! :wave:

It is great to have others to chat with about our way of eating - plus all the up-to-date information can usually be found here. You might want to consider starting a journal here to keep track of your progress, plus people can drop in for a "visit"

revcarly
Fri, Dec-27-02, 12:04
Thanks Sue & Talon for your warm welcome!

Much Love,

Carly :wave: