PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone use plans A B C and D

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Sandylee
Sun, Dec-22-02, 20:28
I haven't heard people talk about it. They don't sound very different. Do most people just eat two Complementary Meals a day and one Reward Meal, with no snacks?

plum
Mon, Dec-23-02, 02:19
hi Sandylee,
Im only 6 weeks in, and so far just been C and D. Im playing it by ear and may well swap about as needed.

So mostly so far Ive done 2 x CM and 1 RM. I did long term Atkins and in retrospect it was snacks and eating broccoli out of RM that didnt help me.

At first I worried about being hungry without a snack.... but in fact the very opposite happened.. less hungry.so that clinched it :)

happy christmas.

plum
Mon, Dec-23-02, 03:14
PS...also should mention maybe.... that its not much mentioned in the forum , but in peoples journals you'll often find it logged in there.....

Dar Babe
Mon, Dec-23-02, 05:48
Hi Sandylee,

I used the a, b, c plan when I first started CAD. Now, it works much better for me to have a cm breakfast, a cm snack at about 10:30 a.m. an rm lunch at about 1:00 and if I'm hungry a small cm snack for supper. I usually am not hungry for supper and I rarely have the snack at that time.

I think that after you master the basics you just have to find what works for your body and your lifestyle. The a,b,c worked for me in the beginning of CAD but I quickly had to switch to CALP to continue getting results. Then I stalled for a year and went off plan completely :rolleyes: but that's another story.

Happy Holidays,
Dar

AdonisWish
Mon, Dec-23-02, 07:38
I'm so glad I found you guys...

I have tried Atkins on-and-off for two years now.. I lose spectacularly (30 pounds on one occasion, and 20 pounds just recently) but have not been able to maintain the lower weight.

It seems that once I get off the Atkins, the uncontrolloable appetite comes back with a vengence, and I gain all the weight back.

On my own, I realized that Atkins was part of the solution, but not the whole solution and formulated my own plan. It was

1. No eating after 6 PM

2. Simple carbs (fruits/rice krispie squares) in the morning only

3. workout every day (I play a lot of golf, or practice for it)

Well, to my amazement, this seems a lot like CAD!.. so, this is my new religion!

Cheers!!

Lessara
Mon, Dec-23-02, 22:27
I just read CALP but I don't remember plans A B C D being mentioned... am I missing something?

Atkid
Wed, Dec-25-02, 20:18
The ABCD plans are in CAD (haven't read CALP, so can't comment on that one).

nawchem
Wed, Dec-25-02, 23:01
I kind of just eat when I'm hungry. I have a huge CM breakfast, I have RM sometime in the afternoon. I usually have a chicken or tuna salad sometimes before RM or in the evening.

Sandylee
Thu, Dec-26-02, 06:21
That sounds workable :) I have a feeling CAD will be easier to follow, but that the weight loss will not be as dramatic as it was on Atkins.