PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Party Blowout

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lucylu
Sun, Dec-22-02, 10:46
Hi Anyone,
I totally blew it last evening at a 8 years olds birthday party. I wasn't even hungry and I ate cake, ice cream, pasta etc.... my portions were moderate but now I am so sluggish and upset with myself. I have accessed this site three times today and could not ask for help. I need help! I don't like the way I feel or look, but I think what upsets me the most is that I was not even hungry last evening and I ate anyway. How do I get back on track? This is the first time I have gone off track, do I need to go back to induction? any help from anyone would be appericiated. :bash:

Talon
Sun, Dec-22-02, 10:50
YOu have to ask yourself some questions, and answer honestly.

Why did you eat that stuff, when you knew you shouldn't and it is not good for you?

For me it was because I - deep down - didnt' beleive I could do this - so why fight it - eventually I will fail anyway - right? WRONG!

So try to examine why you think you choose to eat that stuff anyway. Let us known what you come up with.

lucylu
Sun, Dec-22-02, 11:22
Talon,
I think I ate because of peer pressure. I was with two of my good friends and their families and they were encouraging me to put away my homemade soup and have some of their real food. That real food smelled really good. I had to put up with the same pressure on Thanksgiving and I made it through that. I am making such slow progress I guess I thought what the heck. I know I can do this, it is just taking so long. Should I go back to inducation to get back on track?
Lucylu :(

Talon
Sun, Dec-22-02, 11:25
Ahh, the evils of peer pressure. What will you do next time someone says "a little of this won't hurt"? Unless you plan to give in, I'd suggest having a plan ready and waiting!

If you are getting cravings and such, it might be a good idea to go back to induction for a bit - just to clear everything out.

Hang in there - you can do this!

Nems
Sun, Dec-29-02, 20:27
Hi Lucylu,

Same thing happened to me. I was out of town the past week at my mom's for Christmas and some said oh it's Christmas, etc. It didn't take much prodding for me to say yeah they're right and sample the goodies. One thing though is I don't feel guilty. (big change for me) I knew I would get back on track as soon as I got home and tomorrow I'm going back on induction (been 2 months) for about a week or two. I really missed eating healthy. Good thing also was everyone noticed I had lost weight...10 lbs since they last saw me and at least 5 inches. You can really tell in my face. Anyway it made me feel really good they noticed and it gave me incentive to keep going. Be good to yourself!