PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

grandma
Sat, Dec-21-02, 17:40
Hi Again Everyone,

Today I'm trying to do the CAD program faithfully. What i've had so far is:

Br. 3 scrambeled eggs w/butter, 16 oz. water, 1 c. decaf w/2 T. half 'n Half (cm)

Lu. Hunan chicken with rice and vegetables, Chinese tea, water, spring roll. hot 'n sour soup and a frozen dove bar (RM)

Dn. Mixed greens w/ Paul Newman's Caesar dressing (2 T = 1 carb), 2 oz. cheese, and about 3 sices bacon (cm)

Is this O.K.? It's hard to believe that eating like this, I can loose weight. Oh well, we'll soon see. I'm putting my faith in you "guys" that this will work.

Also, I was really surprised that I didn't get cravings after my RM at about 1:30 but it's 6:30 p.m. and I'm just starting to get hungry. That's 6 hours, which is unbelievable for me since I had a lot of sugar during my 1 hr RM. I'm thinking that an early RM might be good for me to do also because it gives the body time to burn off the carbs, eating them earlier in the day. I do find that sugar makes me lethargic, though. I felt sleepy all afternoon. I probably need to make my RM's complex carbos, but I just can't bear the thought of not being able to have a sweet every day. HELP!

Hope everyone has all their Christmas shopping done and wrapped. Take some time for solitude and reflection. You'll feel better for having done so.

Blessings to all,
Grandma (Mary)

luv67fire
Sat, Dec-21-02, 18:10
YAY!!! Wipee!! Lol, I LOVE it when I read things like this! It shows the POWER OF CAD *dunh dunh dunh*... Lol...

Yep, same here, I don't get hungry or cravings ever. When I am hungry, it is the "there is NOTHING in your stomach, EAT!!" hungry. Not the "hmm... cake does sound nice..." hungry.

Hehehe, I had Carl's Jr. yesterday with Onion rings.... yummy... i losta pound this morning :)

Sorry guys, I am just feeling SOO energetic right now. I have three more people on CAD since they have seen how incredible it is. They refuse to believe that they can eat like this without gaining, except they have witness my RM's and are shocked as they see the scale the next day. Lol..

Have fun grandma, your menu looks great!

TeriDoodle
Sun, Dec-22-02, 05:58
Hi Mary! Hey, why don't you try an LC-legal sweet treat instead of a sugar-y one? Make some LC cheesecake or buy some Pure Delight truffles or the new Russell Stover Sugar Free chocolates? If you haven't tried those, you'll be AMAZED. My kids don't even know the difference!.....and they are sugar EXPERTS! :D

tokenyanke
Sun, Dec-22-02, 08:33
Hey Grandma!

I've also started changing my RMs to lunch time and I like it more than I thought I would. The challenge will be Thursday when I have to go back to work and take my RM with me, but so far, it's been great and I don't feel so full and sluggish like I did when I ate my RM at night. :spin:

Zuleikaa
Sun, Dec-22-02, 08:43
Grandma
Glad to see you're doing so well. See, you run a clean program and the cravings go away! Good for you! Enjoy your RM. Too much sugar can make you sleepy. On the other hand it makes some people hyper. If you want, try a lc treat as Teri suggested.

grandma
Sun, Dec-22-02, 13:50
Hi all,

I'm sure grateful to be able to come here every day just to check in with everyone. Today I had a cm for breakfast and my RM lunch at McDonalds. I'm feeling kind of fat right now but I know all of the food will be burned off by nightime and then I'll have a cm. I really hope and pray I can lose a little weight on this program. I know I'll have to do this for life, also and that's O.K. because it's a livable and sensible WOE.

It's funny how eating an RM with a dessert keeps you satisfied all day and evening. I guess some people just need more food midday to keep bs from dropping in the mid afternoon, causing cravings. I did think about eating some chocolate later last evening but knowing I could have a sweet treat if I wanted it the next day, helped me to not feel desperate. I think a lot has to do with not feeling deprived and no longer functioning with a "diet mentality." Diet's definitely don't work. I find them to be somewhat like a Chniese hand cuff; the harder you pull, the righter a grip it gets on you. At least that has been my experience over the years.

Isn't it wonderful to not have to count, measure and weigh? That's not normal living; that's bondage and I'm all about being free. Since I'm only 15 lbs. overweight, even if I don't lose, I'm still O.K. with this WOE because, at least I'm not gaining and I have a plan to follow for life. Maybe I'll be blessed and lose too! Just a thought...........at least I'm not desperate now. Thanks to all of you for your experience and support. Have a wonderful Christmas and blessed New Year with your loved ones.

Blessings,
(Grandma in May 2003) Mary