PDA

View Full Version : Recommit For 2003

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lowco
Tue, Dec-17-02, 19:44
HEY GUYS,

NEW YEAR NEW RULE!!!!!LETS COMMIT AND REALLY DO CAD/CALP!!.

LET'S EXCHANGE RECEPIES FOR CM'S AND RM'S
LET'S GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER, WE COULD ARRANGE TIME TO CHAT AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK. THERe ARE NOT MUCH CADERS IN THIS WORLD.

I use to visit a website full of sommercizers, full of support tips and tricks. Even when some were not losing weight they were motivated to stay on plan cause of the support and new friends they made. Afterall it will take time to recover from years of dieting and INSULT. the guilt of eating ,EATING!!!!!!! a food that you like.......WHY? i am not a sommercizer but i used to go there for inspiration.People stay on that plan for 3 months with no weight loss then all of a sudden BOOOOOOOOOOOOM, there clothse don't fit and they are smaller. The scale is not a measure for success. It's how you feel that counts. Being content with eating, the food you eat every day is better than losing pounds FAST....only to regain it !!!I am learning that now.

With this board active and alive we could support and motivate each other to stay on plan and also catch the eye of people like us who are having problems LOW CARBING......as a CAder said once you leave the safty zone of induction Carb ADDicts are out of control. THERE IS HOPE AFTER INDUCTION!!!!

THIS YEAR I AM CADDING AND EXCERCISING!!!!!!!!!
What are your plan for next year what would you like to improve?

nawchem
Tue, Dec-17-02, 21:30
I admire your enthusiasm! You really hit the nail on the head. Last year I followed Atkins faithfully until May but didn't lose weight. Then I started thyroid hormone and my metabolism became so active that I had to eat more carbs because of the massive water loss. While my metabolism was ramping up I lost 22 pounds. But as soon as I ate more carbs I had such bad cravings that I caved into that I couldn't lose weight and even gained. Does that make sense?

Yes, I figure CAD is the only diet I can really follow. Now my metabolism is shot and I have to eat so few carbs to lose 10 or less per day that I'm starving and have cravings.

Yes I'm trying so hard to adjust to all these changes and can't figure out whats going on with my own body and would love a sounding board and others thoughts on things.

thanks for idea.
Nancy

Dar Babe
Wed, Dec-18-02, 06:28
Okay Lowco, I'm in.

I've lost weight on CAD before. Then I hit a one year stall. I stayed on plan through the stall but after a year I started overcarbing. Now I'm ten pounds heavier then when I started. I'm CADing now but I don't hold out much promise of being clean through Christmas. (I'm baking cookies and other goodies this weekend) I'm also overcarbing at my RM. So here's to a clean new year and finally losing the extra weight!

I love the idea of swapping recipes too!

mbutterfly
Wed, Dec-18-02, 08:14
I'd love to commit to sticking to fruit as my dessert for my reward meal at least 3 or 4 days a week, and balancing a little better. I was losing weight so much faster when I was doing that!

Count me in!

Mbutterfly

Zuleikaa
Wed, Dec-18-02, 09:03
I've got a long way to go and for me this WOE is a WOL and survival! Count me in! I'll probably gain some more and won't really lose until spring because of SAD but I'm determined to stay on plan however unbalanced right now.

Vel
Wed, Dec-18-02, 10:34
I am a relatively new LC-er, having started CAD in Sept 2002. I have lost about 37 lbs since then, with lots more to lose. I am VERY happy to have found CAD, and very excited about all the changes to come in my life as I continue on with this WOE.

I love the idea of getting to "know" some of the CADettes better, too! :spin:

need2bthi2
Wed, Dec-18-02, 18:00
:wave: :wave: :wave: :thup: :thup: :thup: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Count me in. I will probably need heaps of support in the new year after Xmas.

Lila2002
Wed, Dec-18-02, 20:50
I am just getting started on CALP and was doing quite well till this week. Count me in - now that I have found something I can live with I'm excited to really work it. These next 2 weeks won't be perfect, but come January I'll be 'to the letter'!

Lila

plum
Thu, Dec-19-02, 07:39
Yes Please.
Im finding CAD easy to put into practise but already I feel I will be better with balancing my RM perfectly.... and..... did someone say exercise ....... :( ..... I need to find something I dont begrudge doing..... :)

lowco
Thu, Dec-19-02, 20:39
my friends think i am crazy, and obessed.

you can onLY eat what when???!!!They exclaim.
i feel good reading posts , knowing that i am not alone. I don't even feel like eating with them anymore because they will not appreciate my diet as MY CHOICE.

i eat my RM's with them, with no problem, then snacks way after 1 hr limit comes my way and i refuse and they are confused.

i can understanD why i can eat anything and not gain weight with CAD. THE CONSTANT EATING HAS TO STOP!!!!!! IT'S LUNCH, THEN SNACK, THEN MINTS, dessert all day, and fat free junk! i don't mind if i maintain anymore I JUST WANT TO BE HEALTHY AND FREE FROM diabetes, high blood presure and weight gain....etc

mbutterfly: i am with you with the fruit thing.....i'll start sooner than next year. I have chocolates i want to indulge in :) i have to stop the wheat to......cause i gained a pound or 2 after i had cookies and cakes......

grandma
Thu, Dec-19-02, 20:43
Hi,

I'd really like to join in too. I don't think I'm going to be much good until I can get the junk food out of my house after Christmas. I'll need a lot of support then and would like to be a support to others as well. Thanks and looking forward to a light and lean new year.

Blessings,
Grandma (Mary)

Moi
Thu, Dec-19-02, 21:38
Woohoo! I'm in too!

Thanks!

sabregirl
Fri, Dec-20-02, 20:38
Hi everyone: I'm pretty new to this too and have not had a lot of success so far because of not balancing my RM. On the other hand, I feel so much better and can actually tell that my blood sugar is finally under control. I guess that's not so bad. What's amazing to me is reading your posts and seeing that really, I'm not nearly as alone in my experiences as I think. It's good to know that other people have similar struggles. If someone has a secret to balancing the RM I'd love to hear it. Somehow, that extra cookie or piece of chocolate just jumps on my plate. I think having fruit at least a couple of times a week as dessert is a great idea. Anyway, just want to let you know that your posts a great source of comfort and inspiration. :)

lowco
Sun, Dec-22-02, 15:50
For 2003

We could have challenges like, no sugar challenge, no wheat challenge, drink water challenge or excercise, no scale challenge. Any thing that may be of interest. Why do it alone get company. See what needs improvement another cader may be having the same problem. This makes life so much easier, and makes the board exciting.

Dar Babe
Mon, Dec-23-02, 05:24
Wow, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who needs to recommit. I've been fully off plan for 5 days now. I feel terrible! I mean physically just plain yucky. I just hate feeling this way. It's hard for me to imagine that I used to feel this way all the time and think it was normal.
I'm going to try to eat low carb for as many meals as I can until the new year. Then I'll need all the support I can get to stay strictly on plan. I start out gung ho and lose steam about 10 days into it.

Here's to new beginning's!
Happy Holiday's
Dar

Tigra1965
Fri, Dec-27-02, 09:01
Hi All

Well I've finally managed to bring myself back to the fold, but not before I've put on 12lb.

So I would definately like to RECOMMIT for 2003 and I think this is a fabulous thread.

:wave:

grandma
Fri, Dec-27-02, 16:49
Hi everyone,

I'm going to Hawaii in March and I'd love for my clothes to be a little looser by then. I'm not doing very well with so much "junk" food in the house. My resistance goes way down when I start eating so much sugar. Insulin is really out of control right now.

I need to get the junk out of the house but my family has a fit if I throw it away. I know I can have it at RM but sugar makes me leathrgic and tired and I've been trying to do my RM in the early afternoon, so I'm feeling sluggish and tired all the rest of the day eating sugary foods at RM. I know I have to get this sugar addiction under control by eating complex carbs but right now it's sooooooooooo hard. Let's all be here for each other this new year.

Happy and blessed new year to each of you and your dear families.

Grandma (in May 2003), Mary

Dar Babe
Fri, Dec-27-02, 18:38
Hi everyone,
I went grocery shopping today and stocked up on CALP foods. I'm going to make chicken soup tomorrow and freeze it in single serving containers. I like this for a fast easy cm meal. I've rid the house of almost all of the Christmas goodies. I'm reading Healthy for life and re-reading CAD to remind myself of the basics. I'm going to be as ready as I can be come January 1st.

Grandma Mary, Hawaii in March sounds wonderful! I traveled to Hawaii about 7 years ago for vacation and loved it..so beautiful. Now thats what I call incentive to lose the extra weight.

Speaking of incentive, I'm interested in what everyone's incentive is to get back on track and lose the excess weight? Mine is to feel better physically and to look better in my clothes. I'd also like to gain enough excess energy to be able to start a successful part-time business in my spare time.
What's yours?
Darlene

luv67fire
Fri, Dec-27-02, 20:06
What kind of chicken soup? Homemade, or canned? I do not know of too many canned out there that do not add sugar! Makes me upset, but what can I do? My families chicken soup always have potatoes and carrots in there... so it looks like a BIG pot of low-carb kind should be planned.

Anyways!

Me and my hubby are planning on getting preggers and having our first child before the years end, so 2003 will be a BIG year for me!

I already talked to my doc about this way of eating while pregnant, and we both agree that is near perfect because I can still eat enough and be healthy and also the RMs are perfect for those CRAVINGS that inevitably come.

So onwards to 2003!!

Roxtheprty
Mon, Dec-30-02, 08:16
I've been off plan for about a week and a half. I'm definitely in! Getting back on track 1/1, and exercising too! :)

mbutterfly
Mon, Dec-30-02, 08:26
Originally posted by Dar Babe
Speaking of incentive, I'm interested in what everyone's incentive is to get back on track and lose the excess weight? What's yours?Darlene

Darlene - My incentive is to be healthy and finally feel good about myself. I want to be the person I was before. My self confidence totally went out the door when I became heavy but I can still remember how it felt before I was like this. So, here's to all of us who are ready to recommitt and get ourselves on track again!

cindycm
Mon, Dec-30-02, 11:34
I am commited to exercising every night. I know I can do it. I am also recommiting to CAD. After going off CAD for several days, I feel terrible. Back on CAD today and feeling better.

nawchem
Mon, Dec-30-02, 11:47
I want to commit to exercising everyday as well.

Good luck everyone!

1pepper
Mon, Dec-30-02, 13:36
Recommitt me also. I'll be on the plan 2-3 days and fall off. I'm in full force today. Doing good so far and feeling good so far. Good luck!

JudyTrue
Mon, Dec-30-02, 14:49
Hi Everyone!

I'm recommitting, too! I feel bloated and sluggish following the Holidays and am looking forward to getting back on track. The enthusiasm in this thread is contagious!

Ivory
Wed, Jan-01-03, 15:38
Hello All, I'm recommitting to CAD starting Jan. 6 when I am back at school. I started Feb 26 last year at 249.5 and got down to 200 and I gained some of it back(not sure exactly how much, I'm a little afraid to step on the scale).

Anyway I am recommitting since it worked so well for me before! I'm looking forward to the joy of seeing the scale reading go DOWN again.

My major motivation is that my best friend has been living in England since September and comes back mid-June and I want to look AMAZING when she comes back!

alicia50
Wed, Jan-01-03, 17:57
Hi Lowco :

I'm in also, Yesterday was my first day on CAD and I survived

the scale even showed 1 lb lighter this morning, so I am

definitely positive about this plan, and looking forward for

the support this forum gives.

alicia

alicia50
Wed, Jan-01-03, 18:09
Hi Lowco :

I'm in also, Yesterday was my first day on CAD and I survived

the scale even showed 1 lb lighter this morning, so I am

definitely positive about this plan, and looking forward for

the support this forum gives.

alicia

lowco
Thu, Jan-02-03, 05:49
alicia 50: you are going to love this plan. There are no special foods, and every food is allowed. The trick is knowing what to eat at the right time. Pay attention to the CM's. If there is anything wrong with them, you'll feel hungry and you'll have cravings. I have been visiting an atkins board and they have nothing nice to say about CAD/CALP. some of the members say that they had cravings and ate allot of junk, and they obessed about the RM. They fail to realize that they were doing it wrong, and why not obsess about your RM. Make it healthy and delicious. When you've been on the atkins diet for a long time and switch to cad, you will find the overeating of foods that were not allowed because the food were deprived. And weight gain will follow, water weight, cause the body has to adjust to new carb levels. It's a form of balance. They overeat gain, weight and then claim that CAD dosn't work :mad: .

ivory: welcome back......have you gone shopping for CM friendly foods?

have a nice cad day

Ivory
Thu, Jan-02-03, 09:29
I'm going to do that today, I'm heading back to my apartment where I go to university on Saturday, so I'll be starting up next Monday(Jan. 6). So I'm going shopping today with my parents for groceries.

I can't say I'm really looking forward to being back to an LC WOL but I know it works for me, so here goes!

GoodTxGirl
Thu, Jan-02-03, 09:43
Yes...I have been looking for a group like this......I have done pretty well with my RM's but i find that im getting really bored with my CMs.....

My goal, is to look and feel better and much like Cassie my husband and I are wanting to have a baby in 2003 and I need to lose a few pounds before that happens....I just want to finally be successful at losing weight and keeping it off :)

mbutterfly
Thu, Jan-02-03, 15:39
Well, here we are!! I've been good so far today - only had a chicken salad w/ranch. I'm actually not feeling too bad. Thought I'd have some major cravings with all of the junk that I ate over the holidays but thankfully that's not happening. Just a little tired. I'm really ready to be back on track.

Hope everyone is doing well with their recommit and ready to move onward and downward (weight-wise anyways)!

Good luck!

Mbutterfly :wave:

Dar Babe
Thu, Jan-02-03, 17:27
Hi all you re-committers :wave:

Day two of CAD and all is well so far. I have a slight headache this evening from the carb withdrawal but other than that I'm doing well. I have overcarbed slightly for the past two days but It's getting better. I've lost 3 pounds already, although it's the weekly average that I will count on. Still it's nice to see the scale drop.

To answer Cassie's question about my Chicken Soup it's homemade all the way and only CM foods allowed.

Besides returning full time to this woe I have also decided to give up watching television. Yikes! I waste way too much time in front of the television. So I've decided no tv at all for the next two weeks and then I may allow myself to watch tv on Sunday's. I'm still undecided about that.

I hope everyone is doing well with their recommitment. Look forward to losing together!
Dar

Dar Babe
Thu, Jan-02-03, 18:00
GoodTxGirl said: I find that im getting really bored with my CMs.....

Hi GoodTxGirl,

Nothing worse than a boring CM. Here's a couple of my favorite recipes, see what you think.

Chicken and Peppers

2 Boneless chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
garlic powder
rosemary
2 green peppers sliced into strips
olive oil

Fry the green peppers in olive oil until soft. Add the chicken, garlic and rosemary and fry until the chicken is done. Salt and pepper to taste. This was orginally made in a crockpot.

Tuna Cassarole

2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespsoons onions, diced
1 small can mushrooms, drained
1 clove minced garlic
2 cans tuna
1/2 cup black olives, sliced
1/2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
1/2 cup sour cream
4 oz cream cheese, softened
4 cups cauliflower, I prefer fresh cooked but you can use frozen
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp basil

Cook the cauliflower and drain. Mix all ingredients together and pour into a cassarole dish. Bake covered in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until done.

Mock Potato Salad

4 cups of cauliflower cooked until tender but not mushy, cool.
3 hard boiled eggs chopped
2 scallions chopped
1/2 cup mayonaise
1 tsp vinegar (this can be left out)
salt and pepper to taste

Mix together.

Well there's a couple of my favorites. I like CM's that have the vegetable and the protein mixed together. It makes life so much easier. I have lots more recipes if you all are interested I'll post some every once in a while. I'd love any favorite CM idea's anyone would like to share. I'm alway's looking to expand my CM menu.

Dar

alicia50
Thu, Jan-02-03, 22:28
Hi:

I was on atkins about a year ago, I lost over 10lbs but

found it too restrictive and difficult to follow with the ketosis

thing, I much prefer this plan because its more realistic .

lana

GoodTxGirl
Fri, Jan-03-03, 07:55
I really appreciate the menu ideas...I printed them out and I will definitely try them.......I am on my 8th day at this and Im just now starting to feel a few cravings (for things like McDonald's sausage biscuits) how do you guys deal with these.....sometimes Im buying it and eating it before I even think about it......maybe Im over carbing at dinner ??? And I lost 5 pounds very quickly but nothing has happened in the last 3 days. (My average loss for the week is 4 pounds).

Vel
Fri, Jan-03-03, 08:31
for myself, the carbs I eat at the RM don't make me have cravings the next day. Whenever I have had cravings, I have been able to trace them to something I was doing wrong during the CM's. One time, it was even because I was taking a chewable vitamin C tablet every morning, not realizing that they had sugar in them. Another time, I was eating vegetables that are not on the CAD allowed CM list. Some people find that if they have anything with artificial sweetner in it, that can cause cravings.

Everyone is different of course, so you have to experiment to figure out what it might be that is causing your cravings.

take care :)

slimmin
Fri, Jan-03-03, 09:09
GoodTxGirl

I have to admit that I don't have many cravings on CAD, but the few times that I have had some, I find that telling myself that I can have what I'm craving for my RM is enough. In other words, if I felt like a McD's sausage biscuit, I could have it - but at my RM. Often, by the time my RM comes, the desire for something has passed.

To me, one of the biggest advantages of CAD is that there is NOTHING that you have to give up FOREVER. You can always have it at your RM, which is never more than 23 hours away :D

GoodTxGirl
Fri, Jan-03-03, 09:59
I am not sure why, on my 8th day Im suddenly having a craving but I do try to hang on (tightly) to the idea that if I really want something I can have it at my RM. This is the time in any new endeavor that my resolve and ability to stick to it, starts to fade...so thank goodness you guys are here and I can tell you about it...my dh would simply say "come on, you always give up...this time stick to it"....I need a little more of a kick heheheh!

Moi
Fri, Jan-03-03, 11:50
I find even with CAD, yes, sometimes a hunger/craving will happen, and I may give in... I used to take this as a reason to quit, like as if it didn't really work, but this time I made a commitment to myself to get over it and just keep at it and overall it's working for me.

I discovered I have to have a starch in my RM to keep the cravings away too. If I try to just have a fruit (in hopes of losing faster or something) then I'll crave the carb later. That's why I can't do something like Atkins. Hey, no problem, I get to eat those starches and lose weight!

MaltoMeel
Mon, Jan-06-03, 22:09
I'm Back. It's been a while. I am committed. 2003 is MY year!

Dar Babe
Wed, Jan-08-03, 06:09
Hi everyone,
I'm just checking in. I'm still on plan and feeling much better. I have to admit to not balancing my rm very well but my cravings are almost gone. My biggest challenge now is to continue to make sure that I have cm food in the house, cooked and ready to eat. I will make a beef roast tonight. This will supplement my cms and rms for the rest of the week. I like having a large portion of protein cooked and ready to eat. It helps me to stay on plan.

When I do get cravings though I think of the yummiest cm possible and have that. Things like, scallops wrapped in bacon or chicken wings with spicy emeril seasoning or baked cream cheese stuffed jalepeno peppers, yum. :D These are things that I don't indulge in all the time but that seem really sinful when I eat them for a cm meal or snack especially when I'm craving.
Well I've got to get ready for work now. Keep up the good work everybody.
Dar

GoodTxGirl
Wed, Jan-08-03, 17:34
Is peanut butter and celery an allowable snack ?

luv67fire
Wed, Jan-08-03, 23:09
Well, make sure it isn't Jiffy Peanut Butter, LOL

Buy Adam's or freshly ground kind that has no sugar added. I don't remember seeing it on the list of allowed foods, but I have had a teaspoon of it once in a while outside my RM and nothing has happened. However, that is my body and I couldn't tell you if yours will react the same way. I guess it is all really trial and error.

GoodTxGirl
Thu, Jan-09-03, 08:53
I will go read some labels....I just love peanut butter...I could live on the crunchy kind.....maybe I can find some that is ok :)

Dar Babe
Sat, Jan-11-03, 10:10
Hi GoodTxGirl,

You asked if peanut butter and celery are an acceptable snack on CAD. Unfortunately the answer is no. The Hellers CAD book says Peanut butter is rm only. Too many carbs and sugar.

I personally wouldn't chance it, especially seeing as you have been having cravings lately. In the past when I've blurred the edges of the program and had peanutbutter, outside of my rm, my weight went up and I would stall for 3 or 4 days before beginning to lose again. (Two years ago I had lost 30 pounds on CAD)

Everybody is different though. What works for me may not work for you.

Darlene

Dar Babe
Sat, Jan-11-03, 10:18
I'm two weeks on plan today. I've lost another pound for a total of 2.5 pounds. Not too bad for me. The first time I lost weight on CAD I lost .3 pounds per week, so I'm fairly pleased with 2.5 pounds in two weeks. I'd like to keep losing at least a pound a week. Cravings are down but I'm still overcarbing for lunch. I just can't seem to help myself.

I hope everyone is doing well on plan. Welcome back MaltoMeel.

Darlene

retrogirl
Sat, Jan-11-03, 19:36
I've had company for a month and tried to stay on the plan even though I wasn't losing.Today was a bad day. Now that everyone's gone home I'm back on plan for dinner and hope to start exersizing Monday.It is such a struggle when I don't see the scale moving or the inches coming off,but I am determined to stay on plan.I know low-carbing helps with my Chronic Fatigue/Fibromyalgia Symptoms
It's nice to have the support of others to stay on plan.Thanks

luv67fire
Sun, Jan-12-03, 00:35
Darbabe,

I'm finding it SOO hard to keep my RM's balanced, especially when I'm losing weight. It's not moreso because I am craving anything, but maybe because I just feel like I CAN, so I will. You know what I mean?

I bet if I were to start seeing my numbers climb I'd knock it off, but it hasn't done that yet. Kind of discouraging in a weird kind of way. Lol... asking for weight gain for motivation to keep my RM's balanced.... oops.

alicia50
Sun, Jan-12-03, 14:40
I averaged out my second week on the plan today, lost another

1lb for a total of 5lbs. I am having no cravings and its TOM now

so far I don't think I am showing as much weight gain as I

usually do. Well all I can say so far its not bad, I am also

looking forward to rm today, because we are ordering Chinese

food and I am not going to worry about balancing too much.

Alicia

Dar Babe
Thu, Jan-16-03, 17:39
Cassie,

I do know what you mean. I think I overeat at rms because I can too. I want to lose the weight but I use food for comfort. Not being able to eat what I want when I want it is very depressing to me. Some days the most exciting part of my day is what I'm going to eat. Sick huh?

Unfortunately because of not balancing I'm not losing. My period threw off my average this week and it looks like I'll be posting a gain. I'm staying on plan though. I still feel better even though I'm not balancing. I figure at some point I'll naturally begin balancing as long as I don't give up.

Dar Babe
Thu, Jan-16-03, 17:39
Cassie,

I do know what you mean. I think I overeat at rms because I can too. I want to lose the weight but I use food for comfort. Not being able to eat what I want when I want it is very depressing to me. Some days the most exciting part of my day is what I'm going to eat. Sick huh?

Unfortunately because of not balancing I'm not losing. My period threw off my average this week and it looks like I'll be posting a gain. I'm staying on plan though. I still feel better even though I'm not balancing. I figure at some point I'll naturally begin balancing as long as I don't give up.

Dar
Mon, Jan-27-03, 08:21
:eek: I have been trying to get back on CALP for almost six months now. After recommiting (again) on December 28th I stayed on plan for three and a half weeks. In that time I lost and gained the same two and a half pounds. To be fair I was overcarbing at my rm. I just could not stop myself.
So...This past Saturday I ate 7 small, no fat, protein meals spaced about 1 1/2 to 2 hours apart.(Dr. Stillman's water diet) The scale showed a loss of 3 pounds the next day. I did the same thing on Sunday except that by 4:00 I was craving carbs like crazy. I had two slices of leftover pizza and was perfectly satisfied. Today I show another 1 pound loss. Today I am eating the 6 small protein meals with a carb meal(rm) that will consist of a cup of homemade chicken and vegetable soup(cm vegetables only), 1/4 cup of brown rice and three lettuce leaves no dressing. No fat, well as no fat as you can get eating protein.
My aim is to lose my extra fat by August of this year and to slowly work my eating habits back into very balanced CALP, eating less fat and making better carb choices. (not pizza) I am being very strict with myself portion wise and plan to continue until this weight is finally gone.
It feels good to finally see the scale moving down. That and still being able to have carbs at my rm helps to keep me going. I've lost weight once before on CALP. It took me two years to put it back on. I know this is the lifetime eating plan for me. I just have to be strict with myself until my insulin in under control.
Now I had better get back to work or I won't be able to buy any food and I'll get thin real quick. :p
Dar Babe