PDA

View Full Version : Finally Managed to come back to CAD - but so ill

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Tigra1965
Thu, Dec-12-02, 01:29
Hi All
Well as the title above says - I've finally managed to come back to CAD after 2 weeks of total bingeing and a 9lb weight gain.

My first day was yesterday and I really was so ill - to be honest I'm not brilliant today - but so far I only have a dull headache - as opposed to yesterdays - which literally made me take to my bed because it was so violent - also I was sick too.

Yesterday went well food wise - but this morning I can only manage chicken and a herbal tea for breakfast.

Anyway I just thought I would let you know - bye for now :wave:

plum
Thu, Dec-12-02, 06:47
welcome back and get-well-soon. :thup:

could you have a bug from the schoolkids ? anything going round ?migraine type headache ? or just a reaction to the past week or so ? soon better I hope ! hows about making yourself some good chicken soup and nurture yourself.

tomorrow brighter for you I do hope xxx

Tigra1965
Thu, Dec-12-02, 08:14
Thanks for the reply Plum

Actually I think its been a mixture of a bad head cold and my body screaming about the amount of carbs I've consumed over the past two weeks.

The fact that I've put on so much is testiment to that. Anyway today is my second day on entry and all is going well so far. I will bring my journal up to date at some point this week.

Thanks again

Zuleikaa
Thu, Dec-12-02, 08:17
Glad you could make it back Tigra!

We're all here for you! I hope you feel better soon. Take care.

chocolate
Thu, Dec-12-02, 08:52
And don't stay away just cause you're bingeing... next time stay with us and it might pass quicker!!!

Get well soon
Hugs
C.

Tigra1965
Fri, Dec-13-02, 17:51
Thanks Everyone

Yes I am back and on day 3 of entry plan. I have also started a new journal as I've decided to put my past where it belongs and thats behind me.

So I am beginning fresh on CAD like I've never done it before and making sure I stick to the rules too. I would appreciate it if anyone can pop by my journal to look at my menu's.

I require complete honesty and constructive advice if you think I need it - cos I'm determined to at least get this control back in my life and hopefully the rest will follow.

Thanks again folks - your great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JoaniePA
Mon, Dec-16-02, 12:03
Hey Julie, I read a post a little farther up in the board where a person pointed out that we CAs don't post when we're out of control. Thas' me, FOR SURE.. and while you were gone I was gone too!! I had a pretty bad week and gained also. Let's you and I force ourselves to stay on the board, as Chocolate encourages us to do, even when we're in trouble. I came back here and read some of these posts today and I've found new resolve also. I think we're so geared toward hiding our failures that we forget this is safe space, no one will judge or act superior. Here we can share and help each other cope non-judgmentally. What a great concept!! Seems like everyone has been where we are at one point and I've never felt like a bad girl.

So anyhow, I'm really glad to see you back too. My pastor gave a sermon this week on the solution to weariness being not rest but rather wholeheartedness. I find this to be so true. Everything I've ever done well I've also felt enthusiastic about and I seemed to always have enough time to fit it into my VERY busy schedule. Keeping enthusiasm up is important in everything we do if we want to succeed, and this is a great place to keep that enthusiasm alive.

best wishes,
Joanie

luv67fire
Mon, Dec-16-02, 16:39
Welcome back Julie and Joanie!!

It's human to make mistakes, in every avenue of life.

Julie, before I started CAD I had a 2 month binge and gained 20lbs! So I feel ya hon!! I hate not feeling in control, and CAD has given me more than that.

I wish you two the best!! Hang in there girls, getting back on the saddle is the most respective position IMHO.