PDA

View Full Version : Reassurance for me. Any similar experiences ?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

plum
Mon, Dec-09-02, 04:45
Well I feel fantastic and not about to give this up in a hurry !

So no complaints there..... however Im having a little faith crisis..my start weight with CAD was 188.... after 2 weeks entry 186...... tom arrived and I was 190, where Ive stayed.

I dont usually gain more than 1 lb with tom, so it was a surprise... I know about the averging thing.. but seeing 190 is unsettling me..Im looking for reassurance, really :)

please check out my menus if you wish.... Im moving on to plan D today......but if Im wrong on something, please say ! thanks

tokenyanke
Mon, Dec-09-02, 11:54
Don't lose heart... I know it's hard to deal with those numbers going up. We didn't have power for 2 days last week and I wasn't able to exercise, which totally threw me off. I had lost 2.5 lbs and now I'm back up 2 of those and will probably have to battle them back down again.

But, this WOE is so much easier than anything else I've ever done, so I'm in it for the long haul.

mbutterfly
Mon, Dec-09-02, 14:36
Plum,

I'm fairly new to this WOE but have had similar experiences, especially with the TOM thing. The weight does come off eventually and I have found that water retention can play a huge role in weight loss. Try to avoid salt as much as possible around your TOM, and drink lots of water.

Don't give up and hold out a little while. Just keep on the plan and don't get discouraged.

Best of luck!

:wave:

need2bthi2
Tue, Dec-10-02, 02:14
:wave: :wave: Hey Plum :wave: :wave:

Check out my journal. The same thing has happened to me. I dont even have TOM to blame except they will arrive at the end of next week and maybe I am retaining well before time.

I hear your frustration :thup: :thup: :thup:

plum
Tue, Dec-10-02, 07:41
thanks to all of you.... so encouraging, Im back down to 188 today.
In many ways this is affecting me differently from Atkins.
Ive decided today that this is the sort of thing must affect "normal" people ie those with no need to diet, but because the scale is irrelevant to them they dont even know it.

TeriDoodle
Tue, Dec-10-02, 12:32
That's a good point, Plumster. There's a side of me that really would like to just chuck the scale. I haven't lost anything in so long, but haven't gained either, that it makes sense just to ignore the dang thing! It still amazes me how I allow that machine to make or break my day! :mad:

I wonder.......... could I stay off the scale for even a week?

chocolate
Wed, Dec-11-02, 01:57
Hi there Teri!!

I chucked the scale 3 days ago. I didn't actually chuck it, I took out it's battery and hid the darn thing in the trunk of the car! It feels strange though. On 1 hand I kinda need the thing to tell me I've lost weight, on the other I'm pleased that it can't. I was really sick of my mood (and consequent binges or not) depending on the device.

If I hadn't hidden the battery in my drawer at the office I would have gone down to the car in my pj's and brought it up! That's how bad my addiction is!!! I have dared myself to resist until the 21st december.... I'll let you know about the psychological side-effects if I make it!! :p

jedigddss
Wed, Dec-11-02, 11:11
I decided to only weigh myself every 2 weeks or so. Boy was that getting discouraging!!! Now if I am down a lb, I feel great. Co-incidentally, my 2 week weigh was Sunday, and I was also up 2 lbs., but then realized it was my TOM. I have been doing everything right, so I dont think I have gained it back persay, just some water weight. This post validated my experience.
Thanks all!!
:wave: