PDA

View Full Version : Spring Break Challenge

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Kaela
Fri, Dec-06-02, 18:10
:idea:

ARRRRCGHH!!!!!!!!!! I just typed a really looooong message and then I used a "smile" and it erased!! grrrrrrrr.............
Well, I was thinking we could all do a Spring Break Challenge together, since we all get a vacation during spring. Wouldn't it be great to feel more confident in your bikini, (or boys in your case, trunks....unless of course you wear those little man-bikini things...) My goal for March is 137-140, but actually I like to go by meaurments, so I'd like to lose 2.5-3 inches off my tummy.
We can give eachother advice on exercises and moral support and stuff.
Anyone interseted???

greg5756
Mon, Dec-09-02, 21:31
sounds good I am planning on going to Panama City for spring break we are making reservations next week. So if you want to get this challenge going considered me in.

talk to you later
Greg

Kaela
Tue, Dec-10-02, 10:47
Kick ass!! Okay, lets set goals for each week......how about 4-5 days of cardio and 3 days of weight training?
And lots of water.
We can post to eachother every week or so, and help eachtother out. Do you have a picture of yourself before? It will be cool to see before and after pictures. I have one where I was trying to fit my 30 inch waist into a 24 inch bikini bottom...can you say DENILE? lol
I'm going away somewhere w/ my girlfriends for spring brreak, we don't know where yet......
What's your goal for Spring Break? Mine is lose 2 inches off my arms, 3 off my thighs, and 2 off my waist. That might be about 10 pounds, but I don't like going by weight.

Anybody else who wants to is welcome to join us. :)
......now back to school work :(

greg5756
Thu, Dec-12-02, 05:06
I do have pics posted in my journal they are before pics. What really inspired me to start this WOL I was in New Orleans at mardi gras last year and man size 42 waist now is better size 36 I would like to lose two more inches on the waist before then. I need to get some now pics I am sorry I didn't post here yesterday finals and all my last one is in about 5 hrs. Then I turn my books in and have a whole month off from school. I like the 5 days of cardio I was doing 4 miles a day running 3 walking 1 up until November I am hoping with the break I can get back into the habit. I really felt much better doing this. You and your friends better pick some place soon. One thing go to a private travel agent don't doing thing like that STS travel they suck I used them to go to South Padre 2 years ago and do they ever leave out a lot of vital info when booking with them. If your over 21 you have so many options if not then you are pretty well stuck with mexico which isn't bad prices are right. well have to go and study for this last final then it is home to take a nap then to work. I will check on you later.

cya Greg

Kaela
Thu, Dec-12-02, 09:50
I wish my finals would be over. I have four research papers due, a presentation to give and next week three finals. I can't wait for break!! My boyfriend and all our friends are quitting smoking. I think eating is my nervous habit so I going to stop eating when I'm not hungry b/c , well for one thing it makes no sense lol, and I usually go a little over my carb limit for the day.
How long have you been LCing? You doing preetty good with it huh? :) Okay, I gotta go write my Yoga research paper. Good luck on your finals.

greg5756
Fri, Dec-13-02, 13:26
I have been lCing since june and yes I have made great progess. I did the whole quit smoking thing. I used the nico gum then I hooked on that for a couple of years then I quit that. I quit the gum because it has sorbitol which was affecting my weight lose. I actually quit all my bad habits. I know during my finals week I was really wanting some gum LOL. When I first started LCing I started walking a couple blocks which turned into a mile which went to 2 miles then I started jogging them then I went to jogging them twice a day. Then I thought wow I should start going to the gym. This is where I ran into trouble when you LCarb you hit muscle fatigue really quickly can't even complete a full work out. Everybody said add carbs add carbs I am thinking no way. So then I really let the gym thing go. I figure I will start after I hit goal when I won't be so afraid to add carbs.

good luck with the papers and finals

cya Greg

Kaela
Tue, Dec-17-02, 10:10
Hi Greg! Sorry I took so long to write back. Finals week sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Joisyhfo;awhflkjSHZAEOIFha;/wefjilasdjfdjjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkkj

okay, that was all my frustration....I think were safe now....
I just read some of your journal, it is very inspiring. Honestly I've been really high carbing it these past few days. I guess I still have a way to go. But I like reading you're journal cuz you did it so I can too! I want to use those little smiley faces but they always erase my writing. Oh my god, guess what i did today. I went to McDonald's cuz I really wanted a milkshake (i know i know) and when I got to the window I realized it was still breakasst time, so I try to back out of the drive threw... Bad idea... I rammed into the "Welcome to McDonald's" sign and then I drove away. lol Maybe that was a sign to get back on track.......McDonald's is dangerous.....lol

Greg can you move next door to me and wake me up everyday and make me work out and keep me from eating carbs? Maybe? Yes?? Okay, fine I guess I'll do it myself.

Sorry I'm not very motivating right now.lol Give me till tomorrow and I'll be back on track.

See ya' later. :)

greg5756
Wed, Dec-18-02, 13:37
Let me tell you a thing or two that helped me. First you have to do this for the right reasons. from your stats you don't look like you have much to lose. So this may mean it may take longer than most. The last twenty pounds are always the hardest. You have to have the right mind set to do this. Once you have your mind and body working in unison nothing and I mean nothing can stop you. Third you need support there as well. Claim your bikini figure and shout it from the mountain tops. We all set goals I really thought I would have been at goal weight by now, but things didn't work out and I am not, but once I realized how great I was feeling and how much progress toward my goal I had made I just couldn't quit. I know how it is to crave a shake or a big mac but there are alternatives. atkins shakes, or some other low carb shake and there is always chili's flame grilled ribeye's instead of big macs. make sure you drink plenty of water I was drinking around 180 oz a day all your ketones will be excreted in some way. take your supplements. I take one a day for men potassium, chromium piclonate, gluclosamine, xenadrine I chose to use the one with ephedra. buy it at vitamin world and it is called xtreme trim. Like taking speed so don't over do it follow directions start with one pill twice a day and if you can handle that then do the two pills twice a day. Remember what you want to do. go to spring break and break all the guys hearts. maybe do some t-shirt contest and who knows you may even be on M. tv if you ask me these are goals to strive for.

Sorry to get on the soap box

cya GREG

Kaela
Wed, Dec-18-02, 19:38
Greg you kick ass!
I would LOVE to walk around in my bikini with my girlfriends this spring, :)
Thank-you that made me feel better :there:

I wa reading your exercise program in your journal and it motivated me to start a journal too.
So, the last 2o lbs is the hardest? I beleive that. But we can do it!
Do you lift weights at all? That will boost your metabolism A LOT
You probably already knew that though...I think you can work out with weights and eat no carbs, but I could be wrong. I'm just using lite weights (they're heavy for me though).
Maybe if you ate all your daily carbs right b-4 you started lifting??

alright, I gitta go finish my research paper for tomorrow... After 2:30 on saturday I'm free till February 3rd!!! :) JOY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I think I'm going to get some Hydroxycut. Do you know if that works??
Good night!

Kaela
Wed, Dec-18-02, 19:39
oh and WHat does Get on the soap box mean?

greg5756
Sun, Dec-22-02, 06:43
means to start preaching or talking about a particular subject.

anyway Hydrocut does work if you read trainer dans entries He has a big one about hydro cut. Lifting and low carbs you still need more carbs than I am willing to intake to stop muscle fatigue for some reason I have no problem doing the running but lifting really wipes me out. I am actually going back to induction phase of LCing just to kick start my weigt loss. I have to go to work check on you later

cya
Greg

greg5756
Sun, Dec-22-02, 06:47
I hope your paper went ok. I go back to school Jan 13 have a great christmas break

Kaela
Mon, Dec-30-02, 12:29
HI Greg. I couldn't decide whether to say HI here or at your journal. okay, bye

HAHAHA just kidding. How are you doing? Did you get you grades back yet? I got an A in YOga, D in math and B's in everything else. Not bad. The D sucks but oh well.
I'm so excited to go to Spring Break. Are you? Do you have fun working in a lingerie store. Do women ever get embarassed to buy crotchless undies from you cuz your a man? lol
wow I'm hyper. I feel like I'm 14. I'm not sure why. I just do.
ok I'm gonna clean up the house for my mom. BYE.

h_AnNaH <3
Fri, Feb-21-03, 15:34
Hi. I'm Hannah. Is it too late to join?? I wanna join your challenge Kaela! :)
Let's see.. My spring break starts second week of April for a week. I'm actually not too concerned about the numbers on scale as much as I'm concerned about the numbers from the tape measure. Right now, I'm 34-24.5-37-21.25-11 (bust-waist-hips-thighs-arms). Goal by spring break: 34-24-35.5-19-10. A little too lofty? Maybe.. But i have hopes! I'm very new at this (only 1.5 week into it) so any kind of advice is welcome. Thanx~

Kaela
Wed, Feb-26-03, 22:09
It's definitley not to late to join!
Wow, you have awesome stats!! I'm trying to get my waist down to 24.5" Right now it's at 27" b/c I messed up the last 4 days and gained a lot of water weight and (hopefully not to much fat :rolleyes: )

Hmmmm...advice....DON"T CHEAT!!! It's not worth it, but if you reeeeally reeeally want to then don'[t drag it out for days and try to make up for all the sugar that you have been avoiding. Trust me...it dosn't taste THAT good.
I think your goals are very attainable. My goal for the end of April is 145-140, but basically lose inches cuz they are what matter.

Oh, also you might have to watch your calories. It's different for everyone, some need more others need less, but generally the closer you are to goal then you need to watch the cals too.

If you want you should check out the Bikini Countdown II in the buddies, challenges Forum. It's pretty cool. Full of chicks on their road to Bikini Babedom!!

See ya later :wave: