PDA

View Full Version : Beano?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

l_knierim
Mon, Dec-02-02, 19:36
I want to start taking the psyllium husk again, but the give me horriable gas. Does Beano work for that? Sorry to post it here, but I thought you used it. Thanks for the help. Lynn

Oh yeah your new pic is great, you look sooooooo thin. :wave:

Natrushka
Mon, Dec-02-02, 20:00
Lynn, I split this post off from my gym log and moved it to the Nutrition / Supplements forum - you'll get more replies and views here.

Beano is designed (if memory serves) to help break down startches (like those in potatoes and grains), I'm not sure that it would help with psyllium, which is mostly fiber.

Could your problem be more bloating than anything? Psyllium taken w/ insufficient water can do just the opposite of what it's supposed to do.

I'm sure Doreen will have more helpful advice :)

Nat

l_knierim
Mon, Dec-02-02, 20:31
Not sure about the bloat has been awhile since I took it. I will have to try it on a weekend to see. Thanks for the help. Lynn