PDA

View Full Version : No bake/ low carb SNOWBALLS

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ndelacourt
Mon, Dec-02-02, 12:58
I changed this recipe I used to always make at Christmas so it follows the Atkins or anyother low carb diet.

SNOWBALLS

4 Tbsp unsweetened coconut (6)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
6 pkts Splenda sweetener (6)
6 Tbsp natural (unsweetened) peanut butter (14)
2 Tbsp heavy cream (1)

Combine vanilla extract and 4 pkts of Splenda. Add 2 Tbsp coconut. Mix in peanut butter. Roll into approx 1" balls. (I find it helps to put the mixture into the freezer for 5 mins or so.)

Mix cream and remaining 2 pkts of Splenda. Dip each ball into cream mixture to coat, then roll in remaining 2 Tbsp coconut. Store in freezer.

Yeilds 18 (27 total grams carbs) 1.5 gram carb per snowball

Enjoy!
Natascha

ndelacourt
Mon, Dec-02-02, 13:01
I just made this chopping up some 0 carb chocolate bars (1/2 Carbolite milk chocolate bar) in it!! Very tasty!!

mkathy6
Tue, Dec-03-02, 03:33
Those sound wonderful, i can't wait to try them for christmas. I remember my grandmother making something similiar with cream cheese. I'm going to try an modify it has well. Thanks for a great treat. Kathy

acipenser
Fri, Dec-13-02, 16:18
i tried to find unsweetened coconut in the store today with no luck. is it a specialty item, or can you usually find it in your grocery store?

thanks

mom2haylee
Wed, Jun-11-03, 14:02
I noticed you have 14 g for PB carbs! I found a PB that only has 1 carb! That's right! It has 5g and 4 dietary fiber! The brand name is "Good Day"! I get it at Albertsons in California! Not sure if you have an Albertsons (grocery store) or if you can get it anywhere else! Just an FYI!