PDA

View Full Version : Bread Maker

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Leigh b
Sat, Nov-30-02, 17:37
Hello Everyone :wave:

I can't seem to do without bread so I have been making the following recipe:
1 sachet dry yeast
1/2 tsp sugar for the yeast
9.5 floz warm water
11/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
142g gluten flour
35 oat flour
106g soya flour
35g linseed
35 wheatbran

It makes a really good loaf. I decided to get a bread machine as i find that i do not have the time to make the bread, but this recipe does not work...too dry. I added some butter but still not the right consistancy. Does anyone have a recipe that might work in a bread machine? :confused: I look forward to your replies. Leigh :)

LittleAnne
Mon, Dec-02-02, 02:30
Hi Leigh

Thanks for the recipe. Can you tell us how many carbs there are in the whole loaf and approximately how many portions/slices the loaf makes.

With regard to making bread in a bread maker. Why not do a search on the recipe section of this site? As a warning, you may find this post moved to the recipe section where all the forum can benefit from your recipe.

Hope that you have a good week.

Leigh b
Mon, Dec-02-02, 15:13
Thanks little Ann for the suggestion.

The recipe is 54.5 carbs per loaf. I usually get about 13 or 14 slices per loaf.
You need to put the yeast, suger and water in a bowl. Stir and leave for 5min. If the yeast bubbles its ok to use.
Mix the dry ingredients together and add the yeast. Knead for 5mins or more. Place in a clean bowl cover and put in a warm place for 45mins.
Knead again (do not overwork). Put in a loaf tin and cover and let rise for 40min. Bake at 190c 380f for 35 -45 min.
It really is worth doing but takes time to make.
Im off to search for some more recipes
Best wishes Leigh :wave:

NomNomNom
Mon, Dec-16-13, 10:25
Leigh B.

This recipe is for breadmachine and I found it on lowcarbfriends.com. I have not tried it yet but if you want to go and check it out it has a picture as well of the finished product and the adjustments from the reviewers as well. Good Luck.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/recipereview/showproduct.php/item/4603_White-Breadmaker-LC-Bread

One of THE best LC breads I have I ever made before!! Very easy and it's made in a bread maker. What more could you ask for? Easy peasy, AND great tasting!!
Ingredients: Breadmaker LC Bread

1 tsp Yeast
1 cup Vital wheat gluten(bob's red mill)
1/4 cup Whey Isolate Protein Powder
1/3 cup Ground almond Meal
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp. Splenda
1 tbsp. butter
1 egg
1/2 cup water
How To Prepare: Add ingredients to bread maker in order from bottom to top as listed. I baked this bread on the 'light' setting. The bread may lift the breadmaker lid slightly during the last 20 minutes of baking. It will shrink ONLY slightly and the lid will reclose after baking is complete. This bread is awesome and is the BEST that i've ever tasted since doing Atkins. Let me know what you think. No ugly, clumpy, tasteless bread here!!
Number of Servings: 10 nice sized slices
Carbs per serving - include all nutritional information if known: 2-3 carbs per slice
Preparation Time: 2 hours in Bread Maker
Effort (Easy, Average, Difficult): Easy
Needs to be on Rapid Cycle. Author cdn__gal .

Rosebud
Mon, Dec-16-13, 17:15
Leigh B.

This recipe is for breadmachine and I found it on lowcarbfriends.com. I have not tried it yet but if you want to go and check it out it has a picture as well of the finished product and the adjustments from the reviewers as well. Good Luck.

One of THE best LC breads I have I ever made before!! Very easy and it's made in a bread maker. What more could you ask for? Easy peasy, AND great tasting!!
Ingredients: Breadmaker LC Bread

1 tsp Yeast
1 cup Vital wheat gluten(bob's red mill)
1/4 cup Whey Isolate Protein Powder
1/3 cup Ground almond Meal
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp. Splenda
1 tbsp. butter
1 egg
1/2 cup water
How To Prepare: Add ingredients to bread maker in order from bottom to top as listed. I baked this bread on the 'light' setting. The bread may lift the breadmaker lid slightly during the last 20 minutes of baking. It will shrink ONLY slightly and the lid will reclose after baking is complete. This bread is awesome and is the BEST that i've ever tasted since doing Atkins. Let me know what you think. No ugly, clumpy, tasteless bread here!!
Number of Servings: 10 nice sized slices
Carbs per serving - include all nutritional information if known: 2-3 carbs per slice
Preparation Time: 2 hours in Bread Maker
Effort (Easy, Average, Difficult): Easy
Needs to be on Rapid Cycle. Author cdn__gal .
First of all, can you please give the link to the above recipe (as per our Kitchen Forum Rules ;))?

Secondly, this is a Very Old Thread, and it has been 9 years since the OP has visited the forum.

NomNomNom
Tue, Dec-17-13, 04:58
Lol I didn't even noticed the dates, I guess with the weight the brain mass is shrinking as well. I did say is from
lowcarbfriends.com and cdn__gal is the Author, she has a few pics in there as well.

Rosebud
Tue, Dec-17-13, 18:41
Lol I didn't even noticed the dates, I guess with the weight the brain mass is shrinking as well. I did say is from
lowcarbfriends.com and cdn__gal is the Author, she has a few pics in there as well.
No, we need the actual link to the actual recipe.

doreen T
Wed, Dec-18-13, 09:50
Link to original recipe added :thup: