PDA

View Full Version : Why the Cholesterol-Heart Disease Theory Is Wrong

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Sheldon
Thu, Nov-28-02, 07:34
More from the great Dr. Kendrick (http://www.redflagsweekly.com/kendrick/2002_nov28.html).

As you'll read, the very father of the cholesterol-and-fat-as-devil idea knows it's wrong.

Enjoy!

Sheldon

Sheldon
Sat, Nov-30-02, 06:59
The second part of Dr. Kendrick's series (http://www.redflagsweekly.com/kendrick/2002_nov30.html).

Sheldon

Oldsalty
Sun, Dec-01-02, 09:57
Sheldon, many thanks for the articles that you posted.
One suggestion that I would like to make is this:

Is it not time that we changed the title of this section of the board, the very name "Cholesterol, Heart Disease " gives credence to the linkage between these two issues. A new arrival to the board will automatically assume that the "board" supports the fact that there is some linkage, while all of the scientific reports coming out show that there is no linkage between heart disease and cholesterol levels, including the reports that you refer to in your posting above.
Naming this section "Heart Disease " would still allow members and new arrivals to post questions on this important topic but without us apparently supporting a now discredited theory.

I would be interested in having a debate on this issue.

Sheldon
Sun, Dec-01-02, 11:12
Good point, Oldsalty. I'm not sure which way to go here. I'd like the forum to avoid endorsing the decrepit theory about cholesterol. But cholesterol is on people's minds, so they will look for that name. They may also think to look under "Heart Disease," and that would be a more neutral title. I wonder what the admins will think. Maybe: "Heart Disease and Cholesterol: Issues and Myths."

Sheldon