PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone found any national brands that are SP legal?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Thera
Wed, Nov-27-02, 18:04
:help: Greetings to all and thanks to everyone who responded to my last inquiry! There were some great suggestions that I have implemented and I appreciate the input. I was wondering if anyone has found brands available in regular grocery stores that are totally SP legal. I live about an hour from the nearest natural market and don't get there very often. Suggestions for anything including breads, salad dressings, dairy products etc. would be helpful. For example, I found "Jones" all natural sausages in the freezer section. Other than a little salt they are all natural with no preservatives and since they are frozen it works great. I can keep them in the freezer and use only what I need. Also, I have found that the grocer I usually shop at (Publix) is very receptive to carrying items that I wish to purchase on a regular basis. I just need to know what they are. Thanks again, Thera :D

caverjen
Thu, Dec-12-02, 13:14
The Publix where I shop has a natural and organic section. I buy organic dairy products and various nut butters from that section. They also have sprouted grain breads in the freezer. I think some of the refridgerated salad dressings are ok, if not perfectly ideal. Annie's salad dressings (natural brand) have good ingredients and are yummy. I find myself buying mainly plain foods now, like veggies, fruit, meat, cheese, yogurt and nuts rather than packaged food. you might want to visit the health food store to find some products you would like, and then bring the information to Publix and ask if they could order the products for you.

Jen