PDA

View Full Version : A question for the ladies.....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Sweetie_Au
Wed, Nov-27-02, 14:50
I have a question for the ladies.....

I recall reading somewhere that TOM can raise BGL's. Does anyone experience this? To be honest I have never payed a lot of attention to the numbers to determine any correlation, but will do in future.

Thanks
Sweetie

Lisa N
Wed, Nov-27-02, 15:42
Hi Sweetie_Au...

Yup...TOM always makes my readings (fastings anyway) run about 10 points higher than normal for the whole week and then they return to previous levels until the next TOM. From what I've read, this is quite common in women and there's very little that you can do to make the readings lower during that time.
As I understand it, it's the hormone changes during that time that are the culprit.

freydis
Wed, Nov-27-02, 17:51
I have the same problem. Doc says it's normal.

JJHend
Thu, Nov-28-02, 06:54
I have the same problem. However, I've also noticed that my BG's drop by about 10 points or so when I'm ovulating. I guess it all evens out! :roll:

swozze
Thu, Dec-12-02, 22:33
I've seen mine raise about 5 points before the TOM and then as soon as I start my sugar level drops way down for about 2 weeks. How low does everyone's sugar levels get?

Suzanne

kjturner
Fri, Dec-13-02, 01:36
My BGL's skyrocket a week before. And I mean a LOT! 50-60 points. Nothing I do changes that. I never paid any attention to what happens during ovulation...I'll watch for that.