PDA

View Full Version : [SB] Is this ok to eat?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LBDropper
Sun, Nov-24-02, 10:28
I lost 5 lbs the first two weeks on the diet. And well last week I lost nothing and the only thing I changed was eating a dip that consisted of Velveta block cheese, ground beef, and rotel tomatoes (very few) with pork rinds. I thought this was ok. Am I wrong???????????

By the way does anyone have a sugerbusters website with dos and donts maybe I forgot something I don't know.

LBDropper
Sun, Nov-24-02, 10:36
Also is it ok to eat high fat things like bacon?

RonaMoore
Sun, Nov-24-02, 12:49
Hi!
Some bacon is allowed but it can't be sugar-cured, or honey-cured, which a good many of them are. As to the cheese dish, the problem may be with the Velveeta, this is most definitely a processed cheese. Grated Monterrey Jack or cheddar cheese would be a better choice. Both, I believe, have zero carbs.
Also the weight loss with Sugar Busters is usually slower than with Atkins, but, since we are learning a way of eating that will help to keep the weight off once we lose it, its worth it in the end.
This is one way of eating one could live with for a lifetime, which I personally don't think either low-fat or Atkins is.
Hope this helps,
Rona :wave:

molly1844
Mon, Nov-25-02, 04:55
It could also be that Velveeta is high sodium & you are retaining a bit of water. Due to that & the fact that it is a processed cheese Its not something I'd eat on a regular basis.

I eat bacon 2-3 times a week w/o a problem. I also enjoy Canadian Bacon. Great on a Whole Wheat English Muffin with an egg for a nice breakfast sandwich.

molly

LBDropper
Mon, Nov-25-02, 13:06
I don't think I'm retaining water because I took my diuretics that I'm suppose to be on all last week. That pretty much flushed everything out.

lkonzelman
Mon, Nov-25-02, 13:30
FYI - i'm not that familiar with sugarbusters but I wanted to correct the 0 cheese carb thing mentioned.

Also, I found this:

KRAFT VELVEETA PAST PROCESS CHS SPRD
Amount 1 oz
Calories 84.8
Fat (g) 6.2
Carbs(g) 2.7

And no cheese is 0 carb. Read the serving size usually 1 oz and if it says 0 carbs it can be up to >.9 carbs. Always count each oz as 1 carb and you won't have that issue again.

Never believe the 0 carb - it is only under 1 for that serving.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Baconbabe
Tue, Nov-26-02, 12:45
Dropper i posted to you in a couple of threads...you really need to read the book or re-read it..which ever the case may be..you are confused about really basic things that can deter your weightloss big time...

molly1844
Tue, Nov-26-02, 17:56
Since we don't count grams of carbs on Sugar Buster I wouldn't really worry too much about the cheese.

I don't spend a lot of time worrying about "fat" either although I know lots of SBers do. About 40% of my daily intake is fat & I still lose ok.

However you could be
eating too much of the "legal" foods. Those extra starchy carbs can stall you right out. I know that for my body chemistry I can't have more than 2 servings of starchy carbs per day and continue to lose weight.

Are you getting plenty of veggies & fruits? Are you eating the fruit on an empty tummy? I think that is important.

How about posting a couple of days menus for us to take a look at? Maybe we can help identify the problem. :)

Hang in there! Sometimes it just takes awhile to figure out what works best for your body..

molly :rose: