PDA

View Full Version : [SB] Cheese

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LBDropper
Sun, Nov-24-02, 10:23
Is any cheese ok to eat or only certain kinds?

Paleoanth
Sun, Nov-24-02, 10:29
Try to eat the non-processed kinds. I usually try to avoid American. However, I have had some and it doesn't seem to hurt anything with me.

Aged cheeses are pretty good!

LBDropper
Sun, Nov-24-02, 11:33
Can you possibly point me to a list of what kinds of cheese are ok? I'm not sure what is considered processed or not.

Paleoanth
Sun, Nov-24-02, 12:20
Usually on the package it will say processed on it.

I did find this site that has carbs of different cheeses. It might help:

http://users.rcn.com/lanat/1atkinscheese.htm

LBDropper
Sun, Nov-24-02, 14:55
Can someone tell me what type of cheese is and is not allowed on atkins?

Karen
Sun, Nov-24-02, 15:05
Any cheese that is not low-fat. Some people stay away from curded cheese - ricotta, cottage, etc. - because of the carbs and American processed cheese because it's full of junk.

Cheese is limited on induction and some people continue to be cautious about it because it can cause stalls.

Karen

LBDropper
Sun, Nov-24-02, 15:06
Forget this message I posted twice. I had this posted under sugarbusters and it was moved to atkins.....

LBDropper
Sun, Nov-24-02, 15:07
Thanks I was confused I thought cheese was unlimited. Guess I know why I didn't lose last week!

agonycat
Sun, Nov-24-02, 15:48
LB

Since your profile says you are following sugarbusters, I am merging this thread into the one in the Sugarbuster forum so we don't have two threads running from the same person on the same subject.

LBDropper
Sun, Nov-24-02, 20:04
I'm following a mix of atkins and sugarbusters so that's why I wanted input from Atkins members also.

Baconbabe
Tue, Nov-26-02, 12:39
I would suggest reading the book..and if you already have...read it again..cheese is far from unlimited on Atkins..on induction its a max of 4 oz a day...