PDA

View Full Version : [Zone] Site Question and Answers for Meigg

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ZoneCoach
Wed, Nov-20-02, 00:41
Why would this original post and my reply disappear immediately upon my submitting?

Originally posted by meigg
I read at the zoneperfect.com site today that some rx meds are anti-zone.I take depakote and seroquel and have gained 45 pounds. There are many medications which can raise hormone levels (adrenalin, cortisol and insulin) and limit entry into the Zone. Since drug interactions are very complex , it is wise to consult a pharmacist that is trained not only in drugs and their interactions, but also the Zone. There are about 10 pharmacists listed as ZonePerfect Certified Instructors on the ZonePerfect website.
Originally posted by meigg I read that you should eat ONLY favorable carbs, and subtract a carb block from each meal, and fat at that meal. Also, you should only eat 4 blocks of fruit a day. If you recall specifically where you read that information, I would be interested in knowing as that is NOT standard Zone philosophy.
*Dr. Sears suggests (generally)up to 25% of your carbs can come from unfavorable sources without negative effects.
*Subracting a carb block from each meal is sometimes recommended after reaching a plateau or when fine tuning the program. Reducing fat is never a suggestion.
*Some fruits are more favorable than others (ie; strawberries favored over mango), however, I am not aware of any recommendation to restrict fruits to 4 blocks.

Originally posted by meigg Does this help? Does this work? I tried to do it and I am hungry (probably not enough extra fat.) Have you heard of this?You should never be hungry if following Zone guidelines. You may be short changing yourself on fat which would explain the hunger feeling. It can be a confusing subject. Please see my post on 'Fat Confusion'. Also, please be sure you're consuming enough water ~ at least 64 ounces daily.
Additionally, you may wish to consider supplementing with pharmaceutical grade fish oil (after consulting with your physician) as recommend by Dr. Sears in his latest book; The Omega Rx Zone. See Chapter 10, pages 120-129.

Karen
Wed, Nov-20-02, 01:00
There was a duplicate reply and one of the replys was in the process of being split from the thread and returned to its original place.

It's returned now to where it was, completely intact.

Karen