PDA

View Full Version : Synthroid/Menopause and I'm loosing weight!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

romamn
Tue, Nov-19-02, 11:02
Greetings everyone:
For the past 15 years I've had hypothroidism and have FINALLY learned how to loose weight. Also going thru pre-menopause - but I've got both under control. I've been on synthroid and was on provera for estrogen. I'm still on synthroid, discontinued provera due to wekght gain and use a natural estrogen cream. No menopause symptoms whatsoever!!
I supplement my synthroid, with a natural thyroid helper loaded with L-tyroisine (approved by my doctor). I've been low-carbing since January 2002 and have lost 21 lbs. Before I was doing the WW diet and never lost more than 5 lbs. The stricter you are at LC'ing, the more weight you'll loose. I've been doing the Suzanne Sommers diet which allows more carb freedom but I'm loosing at a slow rate. The essence of my story is despite our health issues, there are natural solutions to overcome them and lead you towards success!!!
:thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:
Romamn

cathlaur
Sun, Dec-01-02, 07:33
Wow that is great that you are losing weight with thyroid and menapausal symptoms.

Congrats.

I had my right side of my thyroid out in Jan. I went hypo and gained 9 pounds in less than a week. I went on synthroid in Feb and tried low fat nothing. Maybe a pound or two. I started L/C I say Atkins but basically low carb though I beleive in bumping my carbs up every now and then for 2 reasons. You got to live and because I dont want my body to get used to many l/c. I have lost 14 pounds. I am a 5'10 female large build and am now 176 and wearing a size 12 pant. I am so happy. I was 189 2 months ago when I saw my endo last. I cannot wait to see him on the 11 th of this month. I am trying to maintain only for the month of Dec. I mean it is Christmas. Then in January I will be back at it and starting my weights again. I had an emergency appendectomy in October ( Not my year :daze: ) I want to get to 165.

I truly beleive low carb works for us thyroid patients. With Atkins I miss fruit more than anything so that is what I want to put back in my diet.

good luck with your continued success

Katie