PDA

View Full Version : Newbie in ARKANSAS

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

breezygram
Tue, Nov-19-02, 09:06
Hi low-carbers...I am a 27 year old female in SW Arkansas and I began my low-carb journey on 11/12/02. When I got serious about losing weight, I was at my all time high of 232 lbs. I did get down to 216 lbs before I decided to Atkin's my way to a better & healthier me. My Mom started Atkin's on 12/26/01 and today she is about 60 lbs lighter. I figured if it could work for her, it can work for me. Today is 11/19/02 and that is exactly one week from the start of my Atkin's journey....the weigh in for the day....205 lbs. That's 11 more lbs. gone. I'll try to keep you posted on Tuesday's. I am only weighing once a week and relying more on the tape measure. Lator gators....Breezy Graham

Kristine
Tue, Nov-19-02, 10:32
Wow, congrats on your success thus far! :Party:

It's good that you're only weighing once a week. :thup: It's too easy to get caught up in daily fluctuations, and get all flustered.

Welcome and enjoy! :)

firsttimer
Wed, Nov-20-02, 03:11
Well Done and keep it up....

I wish I had the will power to stop getting on the scales.... I check everyday which I know is bad wish I can stop doing it... I think I will get my husband to lock the scales up and only give them to me once a week.

Keep up the Good work
Tina

DWRolfe
Wed, Nov-20-02, 10:56
Welcome to the forum!

I think you’ll find this to be a wonderfully supportive community. I know it’s a lifeline for me…

Have fun navigating around the site. You’ll find things well organized and links to a wealth of information.

Good luck to you and congratulations i=on your success thus far!

Donald :wave:

breezygram
Thu, Nov-21-02, 11:56
Thanks to all of you. I am still going great. I feel so much better. It is a wonderful push in the right direction to see results and feel results this early. Going to eat lunch now. Got a wonderful place called Springer's smokehouse here and I told them I was gonna make em famous like SUBWAY! They gotta kick out of that. TTYL...Have an awesome day.