PDA

View Full Version : Diget's fighting the fat journal

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

diget77
Tue, Nov-19-02, 08:50
I can't believe that I have been exercising for a month and a half now. Don't get me wrong, chasing my children around the house seemed like good exercise to me before. :roll:

I started out with 20 crunches and the 60 then sometimes 100. About a week ago I started doing 100 crunches in the morning and a min of 60 for the rest of the day. I then decided instead of sitting and watching tv with the kids, I walk around the house continuously and do stair steps during commercials. I find that I can do that for a total of 1 hour (2 shows, not in a row).

About 2 days ago I say a sight that showed some exercises for different body shapes. I have added leg lift cunches and a butt(pelvic) lift. I just rotated between the 2 10 reps of 10. :D So now I've done 100 of each this morning and am not feeling as tired as I even used to doing 20 crunches alone, but I can feel the burn. :daze:

I think this journal is going to help me keep on track, I really am doing well and sticking to this woe life and really want to help me get to my goal faster and make the toning later a bit easier.

Does anyone have any suggestions for "thunder thighs" and lower abs done in by have 2 boys, 13 months apart?

diget77
Wed, Nov-20-02, 10:01
Well, yesterday I did my 100 leg lift/cruches and pelvic rock, I did the same today. I don't know if I can do the walking or the stairsteps because I am feeling under the weather. We'll see. Mabe I will get enough energy to do something more today.

diget77
Wed, Nov-20-02, 15:08
Done a few stair steps, about 100 squats. and cleaning the house...laundry dishes, picking up clothes and toys. Feeling a little more energized. Hopefully tomorrow will bring more energy and exercise success.....

diget77
Thu, Nov-21-02, 09:31
well, dispite feeling like crap, I was able to pull off my 100 cruch/leg lifts and pelvic lift. we'll see how I'm feeling later. I have been a bit depressed lately. I'm finding that unlike in the beginning when I was losing on average of 5 pounds a week, I am now losing 1 #, stay the same for 3 days, then lose 1-2 #. I'm not too discouraged because I am losing....It just keeps putting my goal and the date I thought I could reach it by, later and later....Oh well...
At least I am the lightest I have been in 3 years. The other things that is dissappointing is that, although I have already lost 20#s, I still am wearing the same clothes...they are loose. I just thought that 20#s and 3-4inches in the waist would help me fit into a size small, atleast 1 size...not a chance. I am close, but they are still tight.
Any advice on this????

catspaw
Thu, Nov-21-02, 23:31
Hi!

I'm new around here but not too new to the LC thing. Are you taking vitamins? I know that when I work out pretty hard (how do you do all those crunches? I am in awe) and forget the vitamins I get dragged down by tiredness.

Don't get too worried about the lack of size change- I've been in the same boat. You and I sound alike with the abs/thighs thanks to kids thing. If you find out how to fix that, let me know! ;)

Anyway, I think that with looser skin (at least I have this) I can fluctuate in dress size in a single day, just due to water, I guess. Over the course of three days, I have gone from 10s being tight to 8s being loose, and (unfortunately) vice versa. Very frustrating!

As you keep exercising I think you'll reshape, and it may come in one fell swoop.

You sound very motivated - I wish you all the best.

diget77
Sat, Nov-23-02, 09:43
Well, I skipped any actual exercise activity. I did do things around the house. I started this morning with my ususal..
100 crunch/leg lifts with 50 pelvic lifts and 50 reverse pelvic lifts.

Tonight I am going to have a little ice cream cake...My son's 2nd birthday. Have a lot of running around today. I will try to get in some more exercise. I am excited to see some people who haven't seen me since I was 22 lbs heavier, although I wanted to wait to have them see me at Christmas, hopefully another 15-20lbs lighter. Maybe I will wear my bigger clothes and if they ask just say "I don't know, maybe I lost a little?" :doah:

diget77
Sun, Nov-24-02, 10:06
Well, believe it or not, but I went through the party and only had a couple finger licks of the fudgey frosting and of the ice cream of the ice cream cake. I couldn't believe it myself that I could have that kind of will power.
Made the mistake and told my mother in law that I lost 22lbs when she mentioned I looked pretty slim....she in turn went to everyone there and made loud announcements "Did you know that Dani lost 22lbs?" Oh well, it did make me feel good to realize that 22 lbs is a big deal. Yet, I was very embarrased.
Started today with the usual 100/50/50

catspaw
Mon, Nov-25-02, 03:28
Great job on avoiding the cake temptation! Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to resist as well as you. I succumbed to a cream puff with vanilla pudding filling the other night. :(

I would have been embarrassed by the loud announcements, too - but it IS a big amount and you ought to be proud of yourself!

Keep up the good work :wave:

catspaw

diget77
Mon, Nov-25-02, 10:11
Well, I broke down yesterday, the day after the party. I took several bites off the cake and even induldged in some fudgy frosting. Things are looking ok though. I gained 1 pound, but it is also that time for me and I have been known to fluctuate a bit.

I am going to be very busy today and have too much to think about that I probable won't get my crunches in until tonight.

Well, I have to get things prepped and ready for the day.

Catspaw...Don't give up! I have never done anything for more than a few weeks. I have been on this wol for over a month and a half. Just keep reminding yourself that you have lost wieght and you can continue to lose. Feel free to write me anytime if you need a helping hand! :wave:

catspaw
Tue, Nov-26-02, 23:17
Thanks for the post in my journal, it really brightened my day!

Now I can return the favor, don't sweat the small cake stuff. I've decided to think of these things as the inevitable potholes on the road to health. Hopefully fewer as I move down the road...

I was actually good all day yesterday, and am doing well today too. I'm pretty sure your message was a big part of my motivation. Amazing how much effect a kind word can have :) .

You hang in there too!

diget77
Mon, Dec-02-02, 09:50
Well, I made it though. I didn't have time to do my crunches for almost a week. I did start up again today...100 as usual.

I did lose some weight over the holiday, then gained 1 pound back. I did fine over Thanksgiving...it was my mothers pumpkin bread that did me in the last 2 days, I only had small pieces, but well worth it.

I am very excited today. I have been trying on old clothes. Some of my 12s were tight and some of my 10s were tight. I did try on other styles and found a pair of pants someone gave me that I never got a chance to wear. A size 10 and they fit perfectly. I have room in the waist and the hips are slightly snug.

This gives me great encouragement to keep on going.

Catspaw, I really hope that you are encouraged to keep going. I will if you will and soon we can put our success stories up. Hey, I even was happy to be in photos this holiday. Although not to my ideal weight and not quite at the half way point, I am looking and feeling better than I have in almost 3 years and I have 2 young boys to try and counter my attitude. :daze:

catspaw
Mon, Dec-02-02, 20:18
You're doing great as well! I'm glad you got a "new" pair of pants. It is encouraging, isn't it?

I'm in the military, stationed in Japan with my family back in the DC area. I'll be solo until next April. I absolutely hate being away from them, which is causing a lot of my problem keeping on track. On the other hand, that's what gives me the spare time to be able to post here and do so much exercising at the gym. :spin:

I have a great kid-participation exercise you might want to try before they get too big. I call them Jimmy-ups, although unless your son is named Jimmy that probably wouldn't makes sense for you. ;)

Anyway, lie on your back with your legs curled up so your quads are touching your chest. Small son gets on your legs below the knees and wraps his arms and legs under your calves, like he's lying down on a really skinny horse. You hold his shoulders (to keep him from falling onto your head when you start) and do leg-lifts- lifting your feet up without moving your upper legs.

It's fun for everybody. The only problems is they want you to do WAY TOO MANY. Now that my son is almost 60 pounds, the most I can do is about 20. :p

Keep going! I, too am looking forward to posting our success stories. :wave:

catspaw
Mon, Dec-02-02, 22:13
There are days when I think the time is flying by, and days when it crawls. Usually the days when time is flying are the days when I was supposed to do something and realized I hadn't done it!

Wait until the kids get old enough to cook - then they do things like bake ginger snaps (my favorite cookie) and present them to you as a treat. :( My daughter makes the best ones I've ever eaten...

Running after 2 kids under 3 years old is plenty of exercise - who needs a gym?

diget77
Tue, Dec-03-02, 09:20
well, yesterday ended up being good for me. I went down the hill to do some running around. And boy it was a workout....dashing around all those people, pushing a cart with a 50lb bag of dog food and 2 children wieghing a total of 40 lbs.

I did get my crunches in this morning. I have a lot of house work to get done this morning, so I can start on the other things.

Hopefully, I can get down a few more pounds quick. My husbands Christmas Party is on the 14th. Not a lot of time and I definetly won't be at the weight I wanted to be at for the party...but maybe the weight I losed will be very noticable anyway.

His boss' wife and I always talk about the weight we should have, could have, would have losed, anytime we get to gether. I wanted to suprise her. Anyway, so much to do....so little time!

diget77
Sat, Dec-07-02, 10:35
Gosh, been awhile since I have written...
Didn't do any crunches until today and then only 80.

Funny, I thought chasing the kids around counted as exercise...not enough I guess. Have stayed even at 138 for 4 days now. I ususally bounce at 3 day same...lose 2 lbs.

I'm not quite where I wanted to be by Christmas time, but am happy. I guess I had losed so quickly early on that I thought I could continue to lose so fast....Atleat I have losed..

I now am in my size 10s and am feeling good. They may be a bit snug, but atleast I can get into them. I remember just 2 1/2 3 months ago when I had atleast 6 inches before I could button the size 12s and couldn't get the 10s past my thighs and rear. Now it's the 8s I can't quite get up, but give me a couple months...I'm hoping to be down to my goal by Valentine's day. I have tons of 8s....so I would be set for a long time if I can get into them.

I appreciate your support catspaw. It has been nice to beable to share my struggles and successes with you.

diget77
Mon, Dec-09-02, 13:47
Well, did 80 crunches 2 days ago, and 60 yesterday...today didn't feel like it..gained a couple pounds...
I know that that is more reason to exercise more..but I am doing a lot of work around the house. I got the couch completely vacuumed and washed out the spots from the kids.
Still have a lot of house work to do today. Trying to keep myself busy and distracted.
Christmas party on Sunday....about 10lbs more than I wanted to be for the party but still feel ok about it, I guess...

diget77
Wed, Dec-11-02, 09:19
Gosh, I don't know why, but I seem to have lost my modivation to do my crunches. I have been very busy around the house, but could still do them first thing in the morning...
I should...I guess I am finding that I am not losing any faster when I am doing them as compared to when I don't do them.
Well, I will try to get more done today. I have lost my primary support lines. First my mother decided to hold off sarting this woe until after the holidays, now she's moving over 16 hours away. My husband thinks it's great that I'm losing, but doesn't seem to throw any words of encouragment my way. Only a few more pounds and I will finally weigh less than him. He weighed in at 134-135. Makes me sick, he's a tall skinny rail. Funny how a few inches of height can make the same weight look so very different.

Well, I give myself a :thdown: for not keeping up with my exercise, but a :thup: for recognizing it and being determined to change it this moment!

diget77
Wed, Dec-11-02, 11:40
well I did it...100 leg lift/crunches, pelvic lift
some reason I'm not feeling good. Not hungry and yet I am, but feel that is I eat I may be sick. I don't know. I know I need to eat and to cut back on my calories. I am doing great with my carbs, just been taking in way too many cals esp when I make my cheesecake fill for a snack...highly caloric. Not too bad when I divide it up, only lately I have been chowen down on it.

diget77
Thu, Dec-12-02, 09:31
I don't know what's different...Got up, got myself going. I did my 100 leg/crunches. I also combined them with my pelvic lift and reverse lift. I also did some are lifts and some side step jumps.
I guess I am trying to lose that extra pound or two more before Sunday's christmas party.
I was almost able to get into some slinky sleep wear that I used to wear...Progress (onlly chest hasn't gotten the hint after having kids...hard to get those down)
Been weighing self everyday, measuring basics every Sunday, and measuring everything every 2 -3 weeks. Next full measurement is on Christmas day...can't wait to post the results.

Today is my 2 month point. I started 162 (higher end of fluctuating weight) and am now at 135 (almost as much as my hubby - 134 his weight). It's nice to know that I'm almost half way there. I went to fitday and figured out that I can reach my goal by Vanlentines day which would make my total weight loss time of 4 months, only needing to lose 3 pounds a week. I figure that isn't too bad and I think I can do it....

My wish is to beable to put a success picture and story up for Valentine's Day!!! This is alot more realistic than my original goal when I started...I had "dreamed" of being at 125 for Christmas...but I am still happy. Infact, I never thought I could be this happy over 135.

It's still hard....for some reason I still see myself as "larger"... I know some people have noticed my loss, but I don't see it as much as others...acording to others, my face is what really has thinned out. Well, I think that's it for today...feel good to get my feelings out. :spin:

catspaw
Sun, Dec-15-02, 21:18
Hi!

Well, while I was being naughty in Australia, you were dropping 2 more pounds! I must say, yours was the better plan. How was the Christmas party? Was the boss' wife surprised? I hope you got lots of good comments - those always help, and you deserve them.

I know what you mean about not seeing much difference, but you have to remember that you see yourself all the time and so the loss isn't as noticeable to you. And after almost 30 pounds, you better believe there's more than just your face that is thinner!

I think you are doing great, and I can't wait to see your success pix at Valentine's day. Sorry to hear your support system has developed a few snags, but you've got the board! Have you tried telling your DH that a few words of encouragement go a long way?

Anyway, wanted to check in with you. Keep up the good work! :wave:

diget77
Mon, Dec-16-02, 09:14
Well Christmas Party went great. I have slacked off a bit on my crunches. I walk several miles the other day ( disneyland and cal adventure...then walk to parking structure). That was enough to exhaust me for a couple days...also haven't been feeling 100%.

I have stalled a bit...more than I have in the past...thought about trying a very low low carb day for a couple days...maybe no more than 10...we'll see.

Hopefully I can post some more pounds gone soon
:-)

diget77
Mon, Dec-16-02, 14:28
So much for the 10 carb idea...already noon and at about 14 or 16 carbs. Not too bad though, maybe I'll stay under 20...have been kind of sick so I hope that helps extra carb issue. The boys are sick too...Well, we'll see what happens tomorrow...I hope to be feeling well enough to do my crunches soon...my stomach just can't handle crunching right now...

LittleAnne
Tue, Dec-17-02, 02:46
Hi Diget

Its your birthday today. I hope that you have a wonderful time.

http://www.mauritius-info.com/cards/eCards/Birthday%5C3.jpg

catspaw
Wed, Dec-18-02, 01:24
Argh! I almost missed it!

Happy Birthday!!!!!

I wish you all the best, although I bet I could guess your wish when you blow the candles out on your low-carb cheesecake...

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

diget77
Wed, Dec-18-02, 09:44
Well I blew it...My hubby wanted me to treat myself. I had a small piece of apple pie and 1/2 scoop oce cream. I had also had a few pieces of an onion log earlier. So far damage not too bad...I hope it stays that way tomorrow...only gained 1/2 to 1 pound. I have been feeling awful though. I have a head cold and the kids are filling diapers a min of 1 time and hour each at times

I probably won't be excersing much until after the holiday.
Thank you so much for the B-day wishes!!!!
And yes, I did make a good wish!!!

diget77
Sat, Jan-04-03, 12:53
well the holidays have provided me with strength. I got really sick with the flu. Fastest 4 lbs I ever lost. Although I did gain back because I actually ate something, only gained 1 pound back. I have proven to myself that I will beable to eat all of my favorite foods in moderation. I have been treating myself because of the holiday and although haven't truely continued to lose weight, I haven't gained.
I can't believe that I am almost down to the weight on my drivers license. Amazing. I also now weigh less then my hubby! I can't believe how far I have come in such a short time. I know that I have a way to go, but I finally have gotten past the half way point. There is no turning back and no stopping me now. I have found that I have before pics out there of me, things that I wish I didn't have to look at. I guess I never realized how big I had gotten. I will begin my exercise habits again soon.

I am posting my weight a bit higher than it really is, that way if I actually gain 1 or 2 back, I won't feel so bad :p

Catspaw, I hope your holidays went well for you and that visiting your family was wonderful :-)

catspaw
Sat, Jan-04-03, 21:53
Hi!

Sorry you had the flu - that is no fun at all. You're doing great on the weight, though- congratulations!

It was fun at home, really. One of the benefits of a 4 month separation is that my husband really noticed the change in my weight and muscles. Now if I can just get him to try the diet!

This part in Japan is less than 3 months, so the worst is over. We're going to vacation for a week in April, and I really want to be down by then.

We are going to do fine, you and I! :roll:

diget77
Mon, Jan-06-03, 08:53
Well I did it, back on the exercise track that is. I did 80 leg lift/crunches yesterday and 100 first thing this morning.
I wasn't surprised that I didn't lose anything today because my sister in law made the most wonderful dinner rolls over christmas and I got the recipe and made some last night. I am happy I didn't gain though. I really need to go back to watching everthing I eat again. I have been so bad over the holidays. I was cautious not to over do it, but not enough to say no the whole time.

My husband is sure noticing the difference, and and can sure tell by his reactions to me now. It's nice to get looked at like "that" again.

I thought I would post my inches lost...was looking at them yesterday and was simply amazed at what is no longer there!

I'm not posting the most detailed....
Start 10/15/02 of atkins.....first measurements 10/20/02 after 6lbs lost

Bust - 42
waist - 36
hip - 43
rear - 41.5
thighs (held together) - 38.5

As of 1/5/03

Bust - 37
Waist - 29
Hip - 36
Rear - 37
Thighs - 34

Difference of....
Bust - 5in
Waist - 7in
Hip - 7in
Rear - 4.5in
Thighs - 4.5in

Grand Total - 28 inches and 32lbs YIPEEEEEEEE :Party:

Only 23lbs at most to go.....we'll see I may be happy with being in the teens...I am just going with the height/weight chart!

catspaw
Mon, Jan-06-03, 19:06
Wow- your results are absolutely amazing!!! :dazzle:

You are doing so well, I am sure you are going to make it to your goal. I better get working to be able to keep up with you! :p

On people of our height, 30 pounds is a huge difference. No wonder your DH is giving you the eye again. ;)

diget77
Tue, Jan-07-03, 09:13
Well, did my 100 regulars. I almost thought I wouldn't do them today, but then my mind went to all the tv shows that have been focusing on broken new years resolutions....and how with anything "You make your mind up Not to do something" and "You make excusses why" why not just do it and get it done with instead of saying not today. So I figured I should. By the time I convince myself not to do the crunches, I could have finished them and feeling the effects of the quick workout.

I really need to start carb counting again. I caught myself eating all sorts of stuff yesterday...all the no nos. But atleast I now that I can transition back when I get down to my goal!

I need to start thinking about other exercises. I bought some rubber band things and have been tieing them around my legs then putting thighs together, then pull apart. Similar to that thigh master exercise. I don't even keep track of how long, just do it while I am watching tv. I hope this helps. I have always had "thunder thighs" even when I was small.

Maybe if anyone has any advice on how to correct or disguise large thighs....you could write in reply for me.

catspaw
Tue, Jan-07-03, 18:51
I was very surprised to get the birthday wishes - since my birthday is in October. So I went and checked my profile, and sure enough, the month, day, and year are all wrong! Figuring I must have messed up my profile somehow, I went to edit it - but the date is correct in there... how bizarre! Still, being instantly 6 years younger and celebrating my birthday on New Year's Eve is a plus!

If I knew how to fix thunder thighs, my friend, my life would be much better. :lol: I do know that exercising the large muscles gives you the most gains, so you might try knee bends (if your knees are ok) to work the hamstrings.

catspaw
Wed, Jan-08-03, 18:56
Go to the Lighter Side forum and look under "My new name is Zippy Gizzardbreath" - it's a hoot! My new name is Pinky Liverhead.

diget77
Sat, Jan-11-03, 13:26
well, not so good. Haven't done crunches in a couple days and put on 1/2 pound. I knew that my slacking would come back to haunt me. I have been doing a lot of yard work though. Lifting 40lb + rocks and raking. Have 1/3 of raking done...have 2/3 to go and just started bagging. I figured this is a good upper body work out and a couple hours of raking should be good for something. Trying not to go back to old "carb" habits. I have been snitching a bite here and there. It wouldn't be so bad if I were already down to my goal....but all I am doing now is keeping me from getting to my goal by my goal date...I have been stalling for 5+ days each time and then only dropping 1 lb. I figured I need to go back to the basics. I may not be eating enough. Started this morning with a charity breakfast....friends made me eggs instead of the pancakes.

2 eggs
1 glass water
2 sausages (actullay 1 1/2 by the time my kids helped out)

1 can diet pop

It's 11am and that is all I have had. It is even more than I normally have. Going to try strictly meat, eggs, and some cheese today. And continue working in the yard. I would like to get the whole yard done by next week, which means a lot of raking, and bagging (which means lifting). Hopefully that will help. I am debating about raising my goal weight....maybe I got too excited and wanted to be too small. It kills me how my sister and I both have the same waist measurement and close to the same weight, yet she is in a 4 or less and I am stuck in a 10/12 even when I weighed a lot less than her, I never got below a 7/8. She is a bit taller than me and looks amazing. I have an hour glass figure giving my huge hips and small waist. I know I shouldn't complain, but it's hard when I have this small waist and have to wear clothes that fit my hips....3/4 sizes bigger. I'll just keep going and try not to get dissapointed if I don't get to both my goals at the same time. I think i need to post some old pics of me around the house for modivation. Ones with me bigger and one's of me at my smallest...I think my wedding. we'll see! All I can do is live one day at a time :-)

diget77
Sat, Jan-11-03, 14:30
well, not so good. Haven't done crunches in a couple days and put on 1/2 pound. I knew that my slacking would come back to haunt me. I have been doing a lot of yard work though. Lifting 40lb + rocks and raking. Have 1/3 of raking done...have 2/3 to go and just started bagging. I figured this is a good upper body work out and a couple hours of raking should be good for something. Trying not to go back to old "carb" habits. I have been snitching a bite here and there. It wouldn't be so bad if I were already down to my goal....but all I am doing now is keeping me from getting to my goal by my goal date...I have been stalling for 5+ days each time and then only dropping 1 lb. I figured I need to go back to the basics. I may not be eating enough. Started this morning with a charity breakfast....friends made me eggs instead of the pancakes.

2 eggs
1 glass water
2 sausages (actullay 1 1/2 by the time my kids helped out)

1 can diet pop

It's 11am and that is all I have had. It is even more than I normally have. Going to try strictly meat, eggs, and some cheese today. And continue working in the yard. I would like to get the whole yard done by next week, which means a lot of raking, and bagging (which means lifting). Hopefully that will help. I am debating about raising my goal weight....maybe I got too excited and wanted to be too small. It kills me how my sister and I both have the same waist measurement and close to the same weight, yet she is in a 4 or less and I am stuck in a 10/12 even when I weighed a lot less than her, I never got below a 7/8. She is a bit taller than me and looks amazing. I have an hour glass figure giving my huge hips and small waist. I know I shouldn't complain, but it's hard when I have this small waist and have to wear clothes that fit my hips....3/4 sizes bigger. I'll just keep going and try not to get dissapointed if I don't get to both my goals at the same time. I think i need to post some old pics of me around the house for modivation. Ones with me bigger and one's of me at my smallest...I think my wedding. we'll see! All I can do is live one day at a time :-)

catspaw
Sun, Jan-12-03, 06:05
Hi!

I know what you mean about slipping back into old carb habits, that has been a problem for me too.

As for the differences between siblings, I seem to have gotten all the great health/body characteristics in the family. Of the four kids, one is near blind, may need hearing aids within the next 5 years, has reactive hypoglycemia, is from 4 to 8 inches shorter than everybody else, and has a bad back. Guess who? Oh well, gotta play the hand you're dealt, I suppose. ;)

You're going to do fine. All those rocks will surely build up the muscles! Keep drinking your water :wave:

diget77
Mon, Jan-13-03, 09:48
well, I did manage to get 50 crunches in the morning. I don't get it...I don't seem to have any energy. I am still trying to fight off this cold. Can't seem to catch a break at all this year.

Of the 50 crunches, 20 were leg lift combos.

I vow today to try and stick as close to induction as possible. Thought since it is cold I will make some egg drop soup for lunch. Has some carbs but not bad at all. If I have some eggs with onion and cheese for breakfast and maybe some summersausage and slices of cheese for snack and chicken for dinner. That should cover it. I know I shouldn't have so much cheese, but I really don't use all that much when I do. I will also make some cyrstal light I think. Boy this may be easy now that I have planned out what I am going to have.

I am again doing yard work today. Didn't get anything done over the weekend.

Thanks for the encouragement Catspaw....I am feeling a bit better. I have learned to accept that I most likely won't be at my goal weight by my goal date. Yet I am going to post photos anyway, I have come a long way and think it is worth posting in a month, no matter where I am at!

diget77
Mon, Jan-13-03, 09:48
well, I did manage to get 50 crunches in the morning. I don't get it...I don't seem to have any energy. I am still trying to fight off this cold. Can't seem to catch a break at all this year.

Of the 50 crunches, 20 were leg lift combos.

I vow today to try and stick as close to induction as possible. Thought since it is cold I will make some egg drop soup for lunch. Has some carbs but not bad at all. If I have some eggs with onion and cheese for breakfast and maybe some summersausage and slices of cheese for snack and chicken for dinner. That should cover it. I know I shouldn't have so much cheese, but I really don't use all that much when I do. I will also make some cyrstal light I think. Boy this may be easy now that I have planned out what I am going to have.

I am again doing yard work today. Didn't get anything done over the weekend.

Thanks for the encouragement Catspaw....I am feeling a bit better. I have learned to accept that I most likely won't be at my goal weight by my goal date. Yet I am going to post photos anyway, I have come a long way and think it is worth posting in a month, no matter where I am at!

catspaw
Mon, Jan-13-03, 19:29
Keep a couple of things in mind - every now and then your body has to take a deep breath before it sheds some more, so that'll come across as a stall (when it might not really be one). The other thing is as you get closer to your goal weight, the rate of loss will slow down. So with those two things in mind, don't be unhappy about the weight not coming off for a bit. You'll probably get a nice drop soon.

As for getting tired, are you eating enough to keep your energy up? Take care of yourself!

Hang in there! :thup:

diget77
Mon, Jan-13-03, 20:21
Thanks for the advice and support. I think the tiredness is coming from my emune system trying to recoop. 2 weeks of being sick has really taken a toll. I am trying to increase my food intake. I am drinking more water type drinks (crystal light) figure that has a lot of water in it. I have almost polished off 2 liters today. I also made my egg drop soup, water, chicken base, and egg white. I figured that is helping me out. It is hard to break these carb habits I have slipped back into. I figure it will take a couple days to break them. Hopefully tomorrow I will be better about my exercise. Maybe i will get some crunches in tonight, although I find that I do better in the morning.

I need to watch what I eat...getting low on low carb food and pay day isn't until next wed.

anyway...I should be back on track soon!

catspaw
Tue, Jan-14-03, 19:16
Take it easy! :yawn: If you had the flu and you don't fully recover you could give yourself pneumonia if you're not careful (that happened to my husband last year).

catspaw
Mon, Jan-20-03, 01:21
Just checking in to see if you're ok. :wave:

catspaw
Tue, Jan-21-03, 19:36
I'm glad you're ok. Don't feel bad about falling off for a while, I know you'll be back in the swing of things in no time. Sometimes I go home from the store in sticker shock myself!

Besides, I still have a ways to go to catch up with you... :D

diget77
Thu, Jan-23-03, 20:36
Doin' a bit better. I did finally lose the 1 lb I had gained back. I have been so busy emotionally as well as mentally. I have to catch up. I feel so overwhelmed, I don't know when to fit in my exercising. Yesterday I went grocery shopping for 4 hours at 4 different stores with both boys. I figured that was worthy enough to count for a good workout. Today I didn't do much, but plan on walking the mall and doing some other errands.

I have just felt so blah lately. Am trying to pep myself up. I did find that one of my kids musical movies was a great way to exercise, I danced and jumped around to it and it didn't even seem like a lot of work. I guess I am finding it hard to keep variety in my exercising to keep me interested. I have always needed change and even go nuts when I can't rearrange a room within a couple months.

I guess I just need to come to terms with myself and really answer the question of do I want to lose more weight?

Yes!

Do I really want it and like this woe

Somewhat...I will be glad when I reach my goal and can add in my favorites.

I know it's odd to talk to yourself, but I think by writing it down (typing it out), I can read it and realize exactly what I need to do.

Hmm, just felt a bit better when looking at my profile and notice I haven't updated my weight. :D

catspaw
Fri, Jan-24-03, 02:17
It got lonely around here. :D

Honestly, I'm glad to see you again (well, you know what I mean). I know just how you feel about change - for me one of the best parts about being in the military is that I get to change jobs about once a year and move about every 18 months. Not that you'll find a lot of people who think that's a selling point... :p

I'll bet you that walking with the boys is not only a great exercise, but a lot of fun for them, too. I think walks with the kids are some of my fondest memories of their babyhood.

And you're still going in the right direction - I'm jealous. All this exercising and no loss. You should see my muscles, though!

Anyway, keep the faith!

diget77
Fri, Jan-24-03, 09:13
I am Back and hopefully on track! Will drive to mail today, but am going down the hill to get some things done. I thought I might go to the mall and walk a couple laps (small mall) so a couple laps pushing the stroller will help.

Lost another pound this morning. Funny thing. My Drivers license has always said 125 since I first got it and I always kept it that way, even if I was smaller, and especially when I was bigger. hehehe I am so close to actually telling the truth. My renewal doesn't come up for another couple years, and I can't wait to change the weight on it to a smaller number for once. I am only 2 pounds away from being exactly what it says now.. YIPEEEEEE!!!!

I think I will even do some crunches today, maybe not alot because I have a lot of walking instored, but hopefully it will be enough.

Other good news...we are almost possitive now that our "baby" (our 1st dog Snoopy) is expecting (again...this make litter 4 or 5 now...) They will be due around Valentines Day and ready for homes by Easter.

Well, I better stop talking about exercising and start doing :-)

diget77
Fri, Jan-24-03, 09:24
Decided to up myself, am going to the other side of the mountain, to a bigger mall and will do that a couple times, maybe even stop at a second, just for the exercise (never been much of a shopper---except for groceries).

I also did 50 led lift/crunches....

Can't wait for spring and summer to go out on the boat and ski, still have to learn, been many yrs...but I am sure that that will give me a great workout!

diget77
Fri, Jan-24-03, 10:10
well, am going to try a new breakfast....I have done the eggs in a cupcake tin before and then put ham on it, but saw a new twist. I put a piece of sliced ham in the muffin tin, scrambled up some egg and poured it into the ham and then sprinkled cheese on it. I can't wait to try it. It looks so good. I might beable to gather up some change and get an in & out protein burger for lunch and pb & j for lunch for the boys. Hmm....thinking fajitas for dinner...or hmmm no I think pork rib stips. I am fill the propane, so I can bbq again. That should take care of my meals for today.

I'll have to post how the walking goes today. Also thought about using my stairs more often, going up and down several times a day, like take up laundry individually...instead of a whole pile...that should be good for the rear and legs :-)

diget77
Fri, Jan-24-03, 16:56
well, went to the mall and walked. My oldest (2) gave me so much trouble. I was sort of bad and shared a quesadilla with the boys...so about 1/2 a tortilla for me, and a reg. size strawberry julius. I figured strawberries, egg white (I think) a bit of sugar and some ice wouldn't be too bad...after all I was walking a lot. I didn't do the second mall...boy was too bad to try another stop. I have to go down again next week, so I will do the mills which I think is over a mile in diameter...walk it a coupe times and get a good work out.

I completely forgot about the propane, so I don't know what I will do for dinner. Maybe I can convince my hubby to go down with me and get some. Who knows, worth a shot!

I am excited to get myself back together and set on my woe. I really don't know what has come over me....well actually I do, I had something that was worrying my the last week or so and now I found out that I don't have to worry about it any more and my mind is sooooooo at ease that I am actually extremely happy and motivated!!!

diget77
Sat, Jan-25-03, 10:04
Well, I did end up having a bit more things yesterday, small amount of chips in some cheese dip. Not too much though. I didn't gain anything, but figure I am going ot need to walk today and get some extra exercise. Not sure what I will have for breakfast. Ended up having lemon pepper chicken lastnight (hubby wanted speg. so I fixed myself something else). Don't know what kind of exercise I will do today. Most likely walk to the Post Office, then down the hill to get propane and walk a bit down there.

diget77
Sat, Jan-25-03, 10:36
well, I got in my 50 leg lift crunches...and decided on 2 all beef hot dogs at 1 g carb each and a large 14 oz glass of crystal light..no carbs. I guess it's a good start!

diget77
Sat, Jan-25-03, 14:03
Well did my walk and included my preggy dog too. About 20 mins. round trip. Pretty good I'ld say. Once the boys wake from there nap and I make them lunch, I will head down the hill and walk around a bit. That should be good for today...maybe some more crunches tonight.

diget77
Sat, Jan-25-03, 15:40
Ok...added 30 more leg lift crunches.
Had 2 slices turkey with small slices of colby jack cheese (less than 1 g per oz) and 4 pieces of bacon for lunch oh and 1 glass crystal light. Am off to the mall in about 40 min. or so. I am feeling so good about this walking. I will have to hold off for about 6 weeks in about 2 weeks...my niece and nephew are going to be staying with me during the day..I don't have enough arms to push 2 strollers...I guess I can walk after they leave, maybe late afternoon. That may not be so bad.

lkonzelman
Sat, Jan-25-03, 19:12
Just wanted to thank you for hitting the wrong button and visiting me. I like the crunches advice and will add them in when I can. I used to do them before and they (well everything really) helps.

Have a great one!

catspaw
Sun, Jan-26-03, 06:06
Boy, when you get back on track you don't fool around! Keep up the good work!

2 year olds can certainly be a pain. It gets better, though, 3 years old is one of the best ages there is.

You are really dropping! I'm jealous... :D

diget77
Sun, Jan-26-03, 18:46
Thanks for the support guys. Yesterday had lemon pepper chicksn and a can of diet 7up. I also went to the mall for a short walk. Did 2 malls today (very short walk...looking for specific store). Came home.

Had ham and scrambled eggs for breakfast (1/2 slice ham and 3 eggs) Was really bad and had a whole kit kat and some tostitos chips with a nacho cheese/chili mix. Atleast I stuck to a diet sunkist right??? hehehe I know I will feel it tomorrow. It was so hard though with superbowl and all the snacks. I did have some county pork strips..yummy It's great to have propane again. I will need to add more exercise this week to make up for my mishaps...although I was pleased to get into 2 of my size 8s (little snug) the other 2 pairs are a bit smaller...a few more weeks I figure.

I will go to the mills this week sometime...Have to get my little one's shots and it is near there....take the 1 mile or more around the place to my advantage..I figure I may walk it maybe 2 times.

Well, I should get back to "the Boys" talk to ya guys soon!

diget77
Mon, Jan-27-03, 10:16
Well, my bindge didn't seem to have too much of an affect on me today. Weight stayed the same. I have a lot of house work to do today, then off to the mall tomorrow. I hope that that will help. I am debating about what I want for breakfast. I need to do some crunches this morning still. Will keep you posted with how I do.

lkonzelman
Mon, Jan-27-03, 14:45
Walks are always good for you, even if it is just to maintain weight. Also, housework always makes me sweat....

As you said to me, activity counts.

diget77
Mon, Jan-27-03, 15:18
Ok, made some eating errors today, but did get a lot accomplished. I got my closet cleaned out. I have a pile for good will (even small things that I liked, but have come to realize that as a mother of 2 there are just some things I really shouldn't wear). I put my "Big Girl" clothes into a box and even finally packed away my maternity wear. I am keeping my "BG" clothes to remind me how far I've come and figured they will come into use when we decide to have another baby...they can be maternity clothes.

I also threw out things that were no longer good to even give to good will. I feel good and found that it was a lot of work. I have a lot of things too...I was able to unpack all of my "smaller me" outfits. I can't wait until they all fit loosely again. I remeber when my mother and hubby wanted me to get rid of all my "sm" clothes. I said no, " I may fit into them again someday." For awhile I didn't believe it would ever happen. I am so happy to prove us all wrong. Although I guess had I gotten rid of them, I could have gotten new clothes....But on the other hand, this saved me alot of money :D

diget77
Tue, Jan-28-03, 09:27
well, thinking of lkonzelman I did 50 leg lift/crunches. I don't know how I used to do 100...I am slipping. Of course I did do them 25 (one leg) and 25 (the other) where as before I did 10 10s and did a pelvic rock in the middle. Hmm....got almost all the things in the house I wanted to do...cleaned closet. Now to face the office/craft/dump site. AGGGHHH I have to face it at some point. I also need to walk to the post office today, didn't go yesterday and that will give some exercise. Tomorrow, off to give the youngest his shots and then to the mall for hopefully a 2 mile push. That should be good.

My legs are getting better, only need to figure out how to get rid of the extra flab on the upper inner thigh, it's killing me.....and I can't afford surgery..heheheOh well...If it doesn't go down, I can always live with it. I guess :daze:

lkonzelman
Tue, Jan-28-03, 09:33
Sorry to say but the inner thigh???? Some type of leg aerobics like skiing, jogging, dancing, walking... were the only things that worked for me (I'm sure though Nat could tell you other options). And my legs were so large I chaffed through pants and my skin. So embarrassing now that I had to powder so I wouldn't bleed when I wore a skirt.

But.... today is today.

diget77
Tue, Jan-28-03, 10:17
I never got that bad...my mother did. I got a huge red sore rash. I am going to start water skiing as soon as the weather permits. It's a pain though, I wear through pants faster in the thigh area then anywhere else.

Change of plans. I'm going to Disneyland this after noon...meeting the hubby around 3. They should be open until 8...good exercise there. I may just drive and get the mail, maybe walk first thing this morning...we'll see.

lkonzelman
Tue, Jan-28-03, 11:32
Picture me EXTREMELY JEALOUS! I super loved the pirates of the carribean!!!

diget77
Tue, Jan-28-03, 14:23
HEHEHE We have passes, but since my mother left, I haven't felt much like going by myself with the boys. My mom and I used to use D-land as our exercise for the month...get a lot of walking done.

Had 2 hot dogs for lunch with a little skirt of ketchup and mustard and a can of diet sunkist. Had about 2 eggs with grated cheese for breakfast.

Nothing much else...Leaving here in an hour to go to D-land..about 1 1/2 hour drive. Not bad at all, easy all the way

diget77
Wed, Jan-29-03, 08:54
Ok..I may be over doing the walking a bit. I forget sometimes that I have a foot prob. It hasn't caused me trouble in so long....Last night had the worse pain. But I slept it off. I debate about doing the 2 miles today...I should.

Disneyland walking was worth it....(walked off the ice cream my hubby insisted that I have) The scale didn't budge. I did a lot of walking though. I figure we sat at a show for an hour...and maybe 20=30min sitting on rides or for ice cream...that leaves me with 2 1/2 hours of straight walking pushing a stroller with 1 kid at 25lbs and the other around 20lbs. Pretty good I'ld say. Did alright for dinner..had in & out protien buger (double)

Today I WILL go and walk (just bring IB prophen with me) It will be good exercise if I stick to low carbs today. Chicken for lunch...bacon for breakfast and hmmm....not sure for dinner....BBQ I think.

Well, talk to ya guys later :)

lkonzelman
Wed, Jan-29-03, 10:31
The ice cream will have you retain water (some at least) so don't expect the scale to move for a day or two.

Glad you had a good time now take a walk my friend!!!

diget77
Thu, Jan-30-03, 17:53
Ok..ended up with a great workout today. Ended up not going yesterday. Went to several places pulling the double stroller in and out of the trunck, lifting each kid in and out of the car. Ended the afternoon with a walk around the mills....2 laps in 35 mins. I think it comes to 1 mile each lap. I tried to keep a fast pace, but got stuck behind some slow people at times.

I thought the time wasn't bad seeing I was pushing the double stroller. Anyway, had protein burger for lunch and a diet coke. Think I am going to make ground beef enchiladas for the hubby...I will jst have beef with cheese and some sauce...

Well, I better get myself back into gear and start working out more...

Oh, was looking for pics for our before and after...realized that I really packed on the pounds quick...I thought it was gradual, but found pic from about 1 month after wedding and I look like I had already started to gain. I know that by 6 months into the marrage I had put on about 25/30pounds...then got preggy for the next 2 yrs. Well, atleast I am finally getting it off....My youngest jst turned 13months, so really not too bad...I think they say most woman lose baby weight around 1 yr after baby is born...and I had 2 (I always use the kids as my excuse, even though I gained before that) hehehe....

Well, looking forward to posting pics and seeing yours!!!! I can finally get into my 8s...can't wait for them to be looser so I can breathe with ease..not too bad now though.

catspaw
Thu, Jan-30-03, 23:56
You're doing really well! Congrats on the 8s, it is such a reward when you can go down a size! Disneyland sounds like a lot of fun. It's below freezing here in Korea...

Keep pushing that stroller! You get a twofer that way :D

diget77
Fri, Jan-31-03, 10:34
Doin ok today...really motivated to not sneak in the extra unwanted carbs... 2 weeks to go before we post the pics.. I would really like to lose 6 more pounds by then. Like I have said in the past, I really don't know what my smallest weight was, butI know in 6 more pounds I will be close, if not there...

Well, back to walking to the postoffice, maybe walk around town as well...huge hill I think raises 100/150 foot in elevation. I might squeeze in some crunches. I have company coming tonight and am making a large roast...will let cook for 8-10 hours in the slow cooker. Yummy. Will have either hot dogs or chicken for lunch.

I have set my final goal date for total weight lose. I hope to be done before then, but it gives me extra time if needed. I am giving myself until April 15th. I am planning on going and visiting my mom and showing her the better me. She saw me when I had dropped I think 25 pounds or so. I am now down 35lbs.

That will be 6 months and 55lbs. That's not too bad. I better get going if I want to keep this goal. A far fetch from my original 3-4 months...I have done 36lbs in 3 1/2 months.

Well, gonna go for now!

diget77
Sat, Feb-01-03, 09:40
Did get in 60 crunches/leg lifts yesterday. Had bbq chicken with a chicken worchestershire sauce. I had several pieces of bacon and some 3 eggs for breakfast.

Today I need to go down the hill and drop something off...it's right next to 2 malls. I figure I can go to both and do my rounds. They are small, but won't be bad.

I will try and get in some crunches too. Wasn't feelin too well this morning so I jst had some sugar free jello. Well, I've got house work to do before I go. That is also good. bending, stretching, lifting, stair climbing, pushing, and pulling. Should be a good mini work out.

I might just make my mini goal for Valentine's Day...lost about another 1/2 lb... That makes for 5 1/2 to go in 2 weeks. That will hopefully put me down to 120! Well, gotta be off to work...have to wash up bottles before I leave.

lkonzelman
Sat, Feb-01-03, 21:47
Wow you are doing great.

diget77
Sat, Feb-01-03, 22:17
Not much to report here either. Did walk to town and got a movie for tonight DH actually went with me. Was really bad today had some of my apple crisp I made for some friends yesterday.

diget77
Sun, Feb-02-03, 11:53
well, nothing much to report on today...12 days and counting. ... Hope you gals are ready! Had a little bit of edd this morning with red/green peppers and some onion...but only had a little because still wasn't feeling good...a small bug it seems...not bad enough to affect my day, but enough t affect my tummy. I did have 2 servings of sf jello. That felt good. Not sure what I will do for lunch. Haveing a can of diet sunkist. Am very pleased..talked to sis in law who is on atkins as well...she's down 57lbs.

I lost another 1/2 lb so my mini goal seems in reach. I can't wait. My hubby said he will take me shopping when I get down to the weight I will be happy at. I am excited...I remember when we were dating he took me to the mall and said we are not leaving until we spend all this money on you! Well...enough about that I will get on with my day. Oh Big Mile Stone!!! Finally Weigh what my driver's license states!!!!!

diget77
Sun, Feb-02-03, 12:58
I am now more determined than ever! I did 60 crunches with leg lifts. Will walk to town again today to return movie! I found on fit day that to reach my lowest goal, I only have 18lbs to go and if I want to do that by April 14th...I have to lose 1.77lbs a week. I can do it! I want to be done before that. I am more determined than ever. I don't know why..I guess I have some to the realization that I won't make it if I continually cheat and just sit around avoiding my crunches. I am fueled to get it done...to have the body I always wanted!

diget77
Sun, Feb-02-03, 18:41
Well, took a break from the kids and walked to town to return our movie. I did a nice brisk pace. Felt good, although my side ached a bit. I also added in 20 more leg lift crunches and 20 toe touch (reach for the sky) crunches. It's like I can almost touch my goal. I can't wait until all my outfits fit on my loosely. I have many skirts that aren't quite to that fitting point yet. Once those fit, then all of my old clothes will fit.

I guess what I am trying to gain from this is a few things. 1) I want to be small enough that if I do gain a bit back, it won't be so bad. 2) I would love to get looks from men (my sis always was the looker. 3) So when my DH and I decide to have baby #3, gaining a little weight will be sexy and still look good, instead of looking like a large barge coming through.

I have started on 2 of my few fixes that I set for myself when I started lc. I am loosing, and I have worked on my posture, which still needs a little help (have been slouching for a long time). Now all I need it to learn how to really apply make up and give myself a new look makeover and to stop my nasty nail bitting habit. I am working on the nails starting today. I have applied alot of polish to rty and help me from touching them. We'll see how it all goes. I just realized that I might actually make one of my goals that I set for myself 1 yr or 2 yrs ago...I think it was before I knew I was preggy with #2..I may actually beable to get into my wedding dress for my 4th anniversary!!! That would be great...I know I can, I have until June, and since my weight lose goal is no later than April it will just be a matter of maintanance!

Now that's something to look forward to!!!!

catspaw
Sun, Feb-02-03, 20:19
You're doing so well! Even with all my working out I'm not budging, so maybe I'm just not destined to lose anything more. It sure would be nice to lose a pound a week, but THAT's sure not happening here. It is quite depressing.

You, on the other hand, are scorching! Keep up the good work! :wave:

catspaw
Sun, Feb-02-03, 20:48
It would just be nice if the fat would go away while the muscle was increasing -

diget77
Sun, Feb-02-03, 21:37
did pretty good for dinner. I know I need to add more water, so I had 3 large glasses of crystal light. I had 2 pork strips for dinner with probably 1 cup of spinach. Well, that's all it is for now :-)

lkonzelman
Mon, Feb-03-03, 08:01
It is attainable. You just don't have that much to lose so it will be slow but if you keep with the exercises - you will continue to lose those soft inches.

XOXO Thanks for all your support!

diget77
Mon, Feb-03-03, 09:14
Started out this morning with 60 leg lift crunches. Tried to find my old richard simmons tape...figured I need to add some cardio in ... I plan to really push fluids today. I figured I will have some egg drop soup and lots of CL. My DH drank the rest of mine yesterday.

I am figuring that I need to push the cardio and possibly get back to somewhat of an induction pan, with lots of water based fluids. I gained a lb back yesterday. I did sneak a bit of apple crisp...In the past when I have had something off the list, I only stayed the same...not gained. It kind of hit me. I need to get down further. I know it will be slow, and know I have done a lot so far..but just want to get the rest of this fat off so I can really look good. I want to be in a great swim suit for spring/summer. I am supposed to finally really learn how to ski (had been preggy every summer since we got our boat and never got a chance before). Well, can't find the tape. I think I will do 10 reps of 5 or 5 reps of 10 up and down the stairs...we have 12 steps (that should be a good work out). I also really plan on cleaning the house today. I know it's easy to say I am going to do it...I also want to start digging under the house. My DH wants to make a storage room under the house, we have to dig out about 3/4 ft. of dirt throughout...that should be good for the upper body. It may be a bit before I start it, but it would be nice if I can start on that for him and good for me.

diget77
Mon, Feb-03-03, 09:59
Ok...as usual I was a bit ambitious. I did 2 reps of 5 (up and down = 1) of the stairs...I was jogging up them at first, then could only walk. It is a work out. I will have to work my way up to 50. I have accomplished some of the house work..Still have quite a bit to do.

diget77
Mon, Feb-03-03, 10:54
Plans have changed once again. I am going to D-land again to get some walking in. Did have 2 bowls of egg drop soup and 1 large glass of CL for breakfast. Not sure what to do for lunch, but will probably have In & Out protein burger for dinner.

diget77
Tue, Feb-04-03, 13:37
I am mad at myself :mad: and disappointed. I really blew it the last couple of days. Of course DH didn't help any. I'm not sure what upped the scale yesterday...but it remained up today and I know why. I was so bad, and although I increased my walking, I blew it with the carbs.

I am starting fresh and this time I mean it. My niece and nephew are comeing next week for about 2 months. I figure while all the kids are napping, I will do areobics for atleast 20 min. I actually completed that today. I hope to try for 25 tomorrow. I found the old Richard Simmons tape. I put that in, turned the volume all the way down and turned on the radio. I like the oldies...he just has them extended, I would rather do the 2 different songs to his one. I also got in 40 leg lift crunches this morning and 20 reg. crunches. I had 1 bowl of egg drop soup. Is it bad to cut down on calories as well as carbs?

The meals I have planned for today are low in both.
According to fit day....If I have all of my soup (large pot, about 6+ cups), and a 1/2# lemmon pepper chicken breast with 1 cup spinach, I will be at 11 carbs and 548 calories. I figured I didn't need to add drink in unless I have the CL. All others have no carbs or cals. I feel I need to cut my carbs down, funny thing is even when I enter my own info off the package, fit day said my cals and carbs didn't add up, so someone is worng somewhere.

Well, better get back to work. I am super cleaning the house today!!

lkonzelman
Tue, Feb-04-03, 13:40
Hard to guess what upping or lowering is if you have no daily stats.

How many calories do you eat daily. How many carbs (- fiber)?

FYI - egg drop soup has lots of sodium so you may just be retaining water....

diget77
Tue, Feb-04-03, 14:30
thanks for the advice. I noticed almost everything I eat has a lot of salt, not to mention I am a salt pheen and add it to everything.

How can I get rid of the water gain? I basically at like this during induction and lost a lot the first week, which what I was told should have been mostly water gain. So, now I am confused. Although I am mad at myself, I'm not as upset or depressed as I used to get. Afterall, I can still fit into the 8s and my DH's boss said he wished his wife could be like me. I guess she is trying to lose and has lost a bit, but has platued. He was amazed. I think his exact words were "WOW!! I mean [pause] WOW!!!" He saw me at Christmas and I had losed 10 more lbs since. I guess it helped to be wearing the hip huggers hehehe My DH took it as his boss being jealous of him (having a thin wife who worked hard to get there). The boss' wife isn't overly large...she just told me she has always had trouble loseing.

It did make me feel better to hear someone amazed by my look.

lkonzelman
Tue, Feb-04-03, 14:32
The only two ways to get rid of water weight is drinking extra water to counter the salt intake OR pick some foods low in sodium for a bit.

Just remember this isn't a real weight gain. Ok???

catspaw
Tue, Feb-04-03, 18:53
Unless you ate 7,000 calories more than usual in the past 2 days it is just water weight gain. Carbs soak up water, and so if you increase them, you'll quickly put "weight" on. Get yourself back into ketosis, and you'll quickly lose the "weight."

Good for you for not getting too upset! You've come so far and are really doing so well. I know this is a temporary setback for you, and I've seen your determination go into high gear before, so I have no doubt you'll be dropping again soon.
:hyper:

diget77
Tue, Feb-04-03, 19:09
I should look on the bright side, I have motivated myself into getting my house cleaned. Boy i was like a cleaning machine. That's actually what I used to do when I got upset. I con't believe how great the house looks (atleast until the boys get busy again...had to clean their toy room prob. 5 times already.) All the bending and lifting should help some.

Boy we are getting close to the picture posting day. I have some good old pis, unfortunatly it's hard to gage the weight because I was either preggy or not showing my full self. I hid because I was embarrassed, I don't think I have a single shot of my full body. I will have to do a pic or 2 of just my upper half, just to compare. Well, I've got dinner to prep and I prob. should put the sheets back on the beds...hehehe

diget77
Wed, Feb-05-03, 09:21
Oh man...just typed long good entry and forgot to hit post when I closed the window..

Anyway, I did start the morning with 30 minutes areobic exercise. Then added 40 reg. crunches and 40 leg lift crunches. All on empty stomach.

I have decided...strickly water today. I will fill my 2 quart pitcher and vow to drink it all by endo of day. I also love to eat ice, so each glass I have will be filled with ice. I hope I can do it. I am going to fight these 2 pounds extra with avengence. Lisa I am taking your water intake advice. Unfortunately, I am a very picky eater. Alll the "legal" foods I like are high in sodium.

Now what seemed like a not to hard to reach Val day goal of 5-6 lbs in 14 days has become and impossible 7lbs in 9 days. Oh well...I still have until April to finsh...atleast I am under the 20lb mark on what I have to lose.

I might try to do some more areobics this afternoon!

We'll see how it goes

diget77
Thu, Feb-06-03, 10:38
Started out the day ok I guess. I did only 20 mins. areobics. (no video, just bounced around in front of the tv), 40 min reg. crunches and 20 leg lift. I also plan on hitting the mall today for a 2 mile walk, to add to my post office walk that I didn't get to do yesterday.

I did finally lose 1 of the 2 lbs I put on. I have been in my size 8s lately and they have been a bit snug, put on the 10 and they are loose and comfy. I really can't wait for the 8s to feel that way. I know, the weight won't come off on it's own...I do need to keep up the exercise and to get back to the good eating habits. I did figure out why I am constantly cheating. I don't have many snacks. I think I will make my own beef jerky (have some good recipes that I used to sell at my store), and I haven't had lettuce in the house for awhile. I used to make a salad with finely grated cheese and bacon..whenever I had the munchies. Now I find I will take a bite of the kid's cookies as I give them one. I have become so bad. I know that I will need to lose a bit more than I want to be, so that when I adjust to how I will eat on maintance, I can gain a couple pounds without losing it. Well, I should get back to the boys and my chores before I go.

I'll be back to post what walking I actually got done today!

diget77
Fri, Feb-07-03, 17:38
No areobics yet today. Started out doing 2 miles at the Mills. And then added in several shopping stops. The first mile I took easy, stopped and looked at a few things. Second mile whipped out in 12 minutes. I figured that wasn't bad, seeing that I was dodgeing people and I was only walking.

Had a leetuce salad with finely grated cheese and ranch dressing. I then had a bag of beef jerky for snack and lunch. I'm not too hungry now. I am making ham for dinner.

Looks like we might actually get snow. Boy, I am tired. I did buy 12 1 liter bottles of water. Someone just told me she had been on Atkins and took some pills that helped to burn carbs first, she said you can take it when you eat something starchy, and it basically helps to rid of the carbs. Does anyone know about this? It sounds like a good deal to use when in transition to maintainance. I sure hope there is something like that.

Well, I will try and get some areobics in this evening. I found an old tape of my show choir days...gosh so long ago it seems. Anyway, I thought I could relearn the steps...I remeber it was quite a work out. HEHEHE who knows. Anyway. I done for now. I have to get cleaned up.

Later,
Dani

diget77
Sat, Feb-08-03, 10:03
Ididn't get any areobics in yesterday. I haven't yet done any crunches. I ended up having a lemon pepper chicken salad with some cheese on it. I started this morning with torn sliced ham on a lettuce salad no cheese. Anyway, I am going to the Mills again today, since I have to go back down the hill.

I will try fir atleast 3 maybe 4 runs.

Will post later how it goes. Things aren't going so well. I gained that 1 pound back. So, back to the drawing board. WILL NOT GET DISCOURAGED!!!!! So much for 8s comfortable by Val. Day. I figured by adding in my water, and having 2 salads a day then a meat and green veggie dinner and jerky for snack, I might beable to get over this hump.

catspaw
Sat, Feb-08-03, 18:46
Howdy!

One mile in 12 minutes? Wow. Some people don't jog that fast - you were smokin!

As for your weight gain, is TOM perhaps the cause of things? It usually makes me gain a pound or two. Whatever it is, I'm sure it will not hang around long. Especially if you start doing show choir moves! :p It's fun to pull old things like that out and realize how much fun you had, isn't it? Of course, high school and college are a long ways off for me... :(

I can't wait to see the pics - it'll be great to finally see what eachother look like!

Don't get frustrated (said she of the great frustrations) - it'll work.

:thup:

diget77
Tue, Feb-11-03, 09:20
Ok...did 35 minutes of cardio yesterday with 30 reg. crunches and 20 leg lift crunches.
Did really good food wise as well. I ended up with 1/2 lemon pepper chicken for breakfast and the other half in a salad for lunch and several slices of pizza, the toppings anyway. I did sneak in 2 mini blueberrymuffins. I figued that wasn't bad, compared to what I had been taking in the last couple weeks. I have also really increased my water intake, and decreased mydiet pop ontake.
I finally dropped 1 1/2 pounds (from the 3 pounds I gained)
I was so mad at myself. I tried saying to myself everytime I picked up a high carb item...this will make u fat...didn't work. I am human and do have temptation issues, but I can live with that and am making myself better.

lkonzelman
Tue, Feb-11-03, 09:30
Hiya... just wanted you to know that I posted my before and after photos (the before is after a small weightloss but one of the only pics I allowed at that time).

catspaw
Wed, Feb-12-03, 00:26
If you find a really effective way to deal with temptation, LET ME KNOW! I need all the help I can get. :p

Good for you getting those pounds back off. Quick gains are often quick (well, relatively) losses, although it sure doesn't feel quick at the time.

diget77
Wed, Feb-12-03, 09:21
My "baby" had puppies yesterday. She was in labor all day.
Well, I went to bed after 11:30 and 4 puppies. We had 2 more during the night, but one didn't make it. So our total is 3 girls and 2 boys.

Did 20 minutes of cardio, and 20 reg crunches and 40 leg lift crunches. I did really well, lost the final 1 1/2 that I had put on. If I keep that up, I could be down 3 pounds by Val. Day.
I am going to pick up some film, possible today, and get some photos taken. My DH was home yesterday and today because the rain is so bad (he's in construction). We did have a bit of snow in the morning. Between the rain and having my neice and nephew here, I don't get out much for my walks. I hope that when it finally clears, I may chance walking around the block or 2 with them. Have 1-4yr, 1-almost 3, 1-just over 2 and 1-just over 1. We'll see. Atleast when it lets up, we can go outside and play...maybe I can get the garage cleaned up (moving stuff around always gives me a work out).

Planning on eggs and bacon this morning...DH wants some. Chicken salad for lunch and I think a nice pork roast for dinner. Yum...Well, hopefully I can post my picks by tomorrow. I will catch ya all later.

Dani

catspaw
Wed, Feb-12-03, 19:35
Hey, congrats :Party: on the little ones! What kind of dog have you got? :cheer: Way to go on the other 1.5 pounds, too. I knew when you put your mind to it you'd take care of things.

I'm having a bit of trouble getting my picture to load. I can get a link in the message, but no pic shows up. I'll fool around with it a bit more today...

See you soon!

diget77
Thu, Feb-13-03, 10:42
Catspaw, I did get to see your photo. Can't wait for a new one.
Oh, and as her name follows suit...we have 3 (male, female, and 1 of their sons) Beagles. (Now, 8 if you count the wee ones.) and 1 dachsund mix (was a stray that hasn't left in over a yr.)

I will try and post my before in a little bit and add my after tomorrow. I picked up the film, but will get to 1 hour photo tonight.

Started this morning with 30 min. cardio. and no crunches. Have a lot of house work to do today. well, the kids need me...will come back and post more in a bit

diget77
Thu, Feb-13-03, 12:00
First photo...watch me grow....

Summer of '99 started to gain a little weight..only a couple months after I got married.

diget77
Thu, Feb-13-03, 12:07
1 Month after having baby #1
Christmas '00

diget77
Thu, Feb-13-03, 12:09
Maybe 6 months pregnant with baby #2. My face is soooo round

Summer '01

diget77
Thu, Feb-13-03, 12:10
Summer of '01 as well. Just to show that the pudgyness isn't just from my sitting.

diget77
Thu, Feb-13-03, 12:13
This is me and my DH this summer. About 6 months after baby #2. Weighing in at about 160 or so. (Starting weight for LCing 3 months later)..

Sumer '02

diget77
Thu, Feb-13-03, 12:17
This last Christmas. 2 1/2 month after starting lc wol. Down to 141!!!!

Can't see much in this photo, but you can see the difference in my face (thinning out again)

Christmas '02

Can't wait to get new pic. I have lost 16 lbs. since this pic was taken.

catspaw
Thu, Feb-13-03, 18:52
I can see a big difference in this one - I can't wait to see the current pic!

lkonzelman
Thu, Feb-13-03, 18:53
Dani - you are very pretty at that size.

diget77
Fri, Feb-14-03, 11:01
Thanks so much for your replies...looks like it may be a couple days before I get the current photos. DH was too busy last night to snap the shots.

I am a little mad at myself today, gained another pound. I think I will check for the carb fighting pills that gal told me about...I also heard an ad on the radio. I figure if I am eating lc, the pills may help with the carbs I do eat. I didn't get any exercise in today. I will try to get something in tonight.

Thanks again! Lisa that is very kind of you to say that I am pretty...I never associated that word with me...Although I feel I can have my moments of good looking. I had a bit of a hard time picking the photos....I was always hiding from the camera, so most of the shots taken, were ones I wasnt prepped for.

Talk to ya guys soon!!!

diget77
Sat, Feb-15-03, 12:07
well, I lost that pound I gained...was really bad yesterday, so I expect the pound + sum to come back. I had several choc. covered strawberries that I made for my DH. and I was sooo upset with my boy yesterday and with how the day was going...ate many chips.

It shouldn't be so bad, because I expect it to come back. My DH is going to take photos for me today, so I hope to have them posted tonight or so. Talk to ya guys later

Dani

diget77
Tue, Feb-18-03, 09:41
I did 20 min. aroebics this morning. I also took my first helping fight carbs pill, although I don't think it is the right one that the gal told me about. I will see if it helps any though. I am kind of stuck where I'm at weight wise. Of course, my woe has been way off. I did do some shopping, so I can get back on track. I do hope to get my new pic up soon. I mat wait a couple weeks. Have been wanting to get my hair permed again and can do a new pic with the totally new look..

Well, child calls...will touch base later

Dani

lkonzelman
Tue, Feb-18-03, 09:43
See... you got back on track right away.

diget77
Wed, Feb-19-03, 13:08
Well, didn't get much done exercise wise this morning. I will walk all 4 kids to the post office today. Had some jerky for breakfast. I found out why I have been having carb attacks lately. TOM is coming within a day or two....giving me cravings for chocolate and giving me the munchies.

I have to have some pics of my son tomorrow for a meeting with a modeling agency, so I will take some of me too, so I can post them either tomorrow night or Fri. morning. Well, I do have a bit of chores to do today, although not as much as I have had in the past.

Oh, I did find the pills I wanted to get, the ones I think the gal I met told me about. They are called carb cutters. They are supposed to help burn the carbs that you do eat, before you burn other things, It is supposed to work best with a lc wol because you aren't taking in as many carbs as you would be with a hc woe.

I'll finish the bottle I have now, then try the others. I do seem to be stuck at my weight right now. Although I am happy with as far as I have come, I only hope that I can get a bit further. I know that it is most likely TOM that is throwing me off....not to mention the carbs I have been taking in. hehehehe oh well....

diget77
Fri, Feb-21-03, 16:53
ok....the last couple days have been so crazy.

Yesterday, I didn't get any planned exercise. I did do over an hour of walking...then did a short hike up a very steep hill (like san fransico), carrying both boys.

I didn't get much to eat. Did have 3 small hotdogs when I finally got home. I was so upset with my one son, I munched on a cheap version of gold fishes.

Today, I made myself 3 eggs with some grated cheese and a small amount of onion....The dog enjoyed it!
Then for lunch, I made a large salad with grated cheese, ranch, and chicken...had about 1/2 before my son dumped it on the ground. I figured I have to lose something since nothing has really gone in today. Oh well...hopefully dinner will be better. I am planning on plain hamburgers.

Well, TOM arrived today, which explains my crancky mood! Atleast I have lost the last 2 days, not much, but not a gain or the same, like it has been the last several weeks.

Chat later
Dani

diget77
Sat, Feb-22-03, 20:36
whew!!! I'm wiped. I didn't plan any exercise today, just some grocery shopping at several stops. I was so bored since DH was working and will be until late tonight, and some family members I thought about visiting, had other company.

Well, I got home and started on the garage, a project I have been putting off for weeks/months...hehehe
Got that completely cleaned up. I am able to see where all of my stuff from my store is, I have access to all freezers and frig., and I was able to get the car in. DH likes to pile everything into the back. I used the sides as well as the back and everything fits great. DH doesn't think it's a garage unless he can work in it and have room for a car.

I then took my energy into the house. DH walk in disaster room/closet. We have this hall closet that is long and narrow. DH keeps his work clothes, camping gear, computer stuff and a catch all for almost everything. I got that cleaned out, so you can see the clothes, and find the storage tubs on the floor.

I also had the neighbors help me move my Grandmother's dresser from the garage to the front of the house. I figure this way it can make it upstairs if DH has to see it in front of the house and we are expecting snow next week. The dresser already started to get water damage from being in the garage. I already brought the drawers upstairs, that took about 6 trips. So now I am WIPED, and still have the basic parts of the house to clean. I was so bad today. I had about 3 banana bread muffins, and a kit kat bar (to satisfy TOM) And 1 bottle of water and 2 cans of diet sunkist. I am planning on a nice large pork chop for dinner.

Well, kids are fighting, and I have the living room and kitchen to clean. Maybe I can get some help and get the dresser upstairs before DH gets home. He plans on being home between 9 and 10 tonight. We'll see. I hope he notices how much I have done today....I hope the scale notices a bit (by not moving up)....I won't be surprised if it does though, so I won't be upset. I had moved up 2 pounds today I figure btwn my bad eating habits and TOM this week will be bad. Hopefully next week will be better. I have to make my Jerky...I have the meat, just have to make my marinade...I hope that the brown sugar twin doesn't taste so bad. I will make teriyaki and spicy jerky.

Well, I will go and report in tomorrow....I guess I am trying to avoid the boys for now....I should make dinner and get them fed.
Bye

Dani

catspaw
Sun, Feb-23-03, 20:45
When you tackle something you don't fool around, do you? I got tired just reading your journal!!! :p

Ah the fun and frustration of young children - I know the feeling. Right now, with the kids 8,000 miles away, the kids are little angels. I'm sure as soon as I get home, they will transform themselves into their usual selves again.

I wish I had your energy - it was all I could do yesterday to clean the bathroom and kitchen, much less a whole garage!

:wave:

diget77
Sun, Feb-23-03, 22:39
was bad, so bad today...didn't get any exercise really. I haven't even really cleaned the house..jst picked up somethings here and there.

I hate TOM..makes u eat things u normally have control not too and makes u eat alot.

It seems that I have been up 1 1/2 pounds one day and down 1 1/2 the next. At this pattern I should be up tomorrow. I hope to do better eating wise tomorrow.

I still have been too lazy to get my jerky made...Oh, reminds me gotta go, make chocolates for b-day gift

talk to ya tomorrow

diget77
Mon, Feb-24-03, 09:26
Ok..yesterdays being very bad really hit. That's ok. By the end of the day, I had eaten so many carbs.

I figured I would hit back with agression. I did 30 min. areobics, and pushed it hard. I then added 40 leg lift crunches (20 each leg) and 20 reg. crunches.

I plan on ham and eggs for breakfast, ham salad for lunch, and chicken something for dinner. I am pulling my meat today for jerky. I have to find my recipe. Will have cheese slices for snack.

I hope I can get myself pulled together. My stomach aches, I am sure it is due to the mega load of carbs my system took on. This should help prevent my from overloading again.

Catchya later

Dani

diget77
Tue, Feb-25-03, 10:15
well, yesterday didn't go as planned. I ended up making some jerky and ate it all btwn DH and myself. So I had that for lunch and a salad for dinner. Today I am snacking on some ham for breakfast. I did get in 40 more crunches las night and like 10 this morning. I was down again today, but only 1 1/2 pounds of the 2 1/2 I had put on. I hope to be better today. I know I say that every day, but DH is at work today, so I should be a bit better, back to my routine. It is snowing. Unfortunatly, not enough for me to get a workout shoveling. Maybe it will snow more today. If I don't have to watch the extra kids, I may walk to the post office today. Catchya soon

Dani

catspaw
Tue, Feb-25-03, 19:52
There are very few of my days that go as planned. Keeps things interesting, I guess. I hope your weather turns nice again, it's good to be outdoors. I know how hard it is to stay on track when your routine gets messed up. At least you still sound positive. I get frustrated way too fast. I think you're doing great! Good luck :wave:

diget77
Thu, Feb-27-03, 09:22
Well, I have been getting some crunches in before bed and am still doing them in the morning. I try to do the areobics when I can (while the kids are still asleep) Unfortunately they have been up by 6.

I am pleased to find that I think I am back to my old body habits of fluctuating during TOM. Since I started lc I haven't changed, where as I used to fluctuate up to 5 pounds. I figured the up and down 2-3 pounds this last week must be TOM. I have stayed stable yesterday and today. I hope that that is all it is, and that I don't go up again tomorrow.

I have added in a reverse crunch, pull my knees tight, then lift whole rear and legs up. I have been trying to add in a few crunches during the day. I have gone back to having my salads, atleast for either breakfast or lunch.

Today I have my neice and nephew as usual, plus another nephew and possibly this little girl that comes every couple days for just about a couple hours. Anyway, I have some sweeping and vacuuming to get done this morning.

We got a new dusting of snow (only maybe 1/2 in) last night...Supposed to snow today, but it looks like the sun may come out and melt most of it.

My goal this week is to break my weight by atleast 1 pound. I haven't been below this weight since my wedding. I really don't know what I was at my lowest weight in college. I know I weighed less then than ever. I would guess around 120 or just below. So that is my next goal! I really hope I can get down to that. It would be nice to say that I had 2 kids and am at my smallest weight ever..hehehe I also want to be really small before I decide to have another baby. Seems like everyone around me is preggie. Sis-in-law, good friend's wife, and old high school friend. Not for me yet anyway!!

Well, I have gabbed enough. Better get the house cleaned up, so the kids have a clean area to mess up..hehehe

diget77
Fri, Feb-28-03, 10:42
well, got in 20 min. areobics this morning and several crunches. Continued to do crunches throughout the day yeasterday. I plan to do the same today.
The scale hasn't budged...and in my case that is a good thing! It didn't go up. I have been the same for 3 days now, no more yo-yo! I really hope that I can see a 4 (as catspaw puts it) by Sunday...I'm not holding my breath though

Catchya later...Yippee it's Friday!! I can get out of the house tomorrow!!!!

diget77
Sat, Mar-01-03, 10:22
Well got in maybe 10 min areobics this morning and 60 or so different crunches. I am going to try and start Tae-Bao on Monday. My sis in law is lending me her tapes. I tried a couple moves I saw on tv and liked it...harder workout for shorter time.

I don't know what I plan to do today. I did have the scale stay at 5. So no negatives this morning. So another day goes by and not much change.. Fill in more later

Dani

diget77
Sat, Mar-01-03, 22:10
Well, did a bit of walking today..went to the mall. I got 2 new outfits and an extra pair of pants. How funny...I have been having trouble getting my 8s to fit and lo and behold....I got into 7s that are snug, but comfy. YIPPPPEEEE I haven't been in a 7 in years... I can't wait to lose more, so all my old clothes fit (my 8s and old 7s). These are hip huggers, which I think help elongate my lack of torso (I'm very short waisted). I am going to post some updated pics tomorrow. We got our camera working well again. I am so excited. For once in my life I wasn't depressed shopping. My DH looked at me in fear when I was going to put something back because it was too small. I used to almost cry and just storm out of the store when a size I thought might fit didn't. I would be crushed and angry that I couldn't get into something. My DH was extremely surprised when I smiled and said, "it's ok, I didn't expect it to0 fit, I was surprised to find that some 7s fit and wasn't too surprised to find that some didn't". I don't think I have ever reacted that way to clothes not fitting. Take a look tomorrow for some new pics.

Catchya then
Dani

catspaw
Sun, Mar-02-03, 18:51
That's great! I'm so glad you've got back to 7s. Way to go! It's amazing the change in perspective you get when you've been successful - you know that it will come in time and you have a better sense that you can accomplish your goals.

Yippee!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

lkonzelman
Sun, Mar-02-03, 18:53
Size 7 Oh my Gosh!! Awesome!!

diget77
Mon, Mar-03-03, 21:31
The hardest part of the 7s is that I still have 8s that don't fit very well.. I will just have to empty my drawers of those, and stick to my new 7s. They give me a confidence I never had.

I have been so horrible today. I won't even mention all the high carb foods I have had. Tomorrow I plan on making more of my jerky. They had a sale on the meat I like to use, so I picked up like 10 lbs. I will pick up more and freeze most of it.
I expect the scal to be up atleast one if not 2 pounds tomorrow. I guess I just felt so good, I got carried away. FOCUS!!!! :bash: I MUST FOCUS!!!
May tomorrow be a better day for me. Well, video camera malfunction. Maybe tonight. My DH may not be interested in fixing it due to the fact I have him cutting wood for a toy box/ padded bench seat I am macking for my boys.

I will catch you guys later...Thank you for your kind words and support.

Oh yeah, I did get in about 30+ mins areobics about 20mins and then 10+ a different time of day...and several crunches.

diget77
Fri, Mar-07-03, 09:55
Well, I totally feel for catspaw.

I have been keeping up with the crunches. My sis in law who was going to lend me the tae bo tapes, forgot to bring them. Oh well. It's hard to look at everyone who is heavier then me be so much smaller....this is so depressing. I mean I always hated to be short...I hate it more now. I could be in a size 4-5 if I were just 3-4 inches taller.

I hate looking in the mirror. I know I am smaller, and I kick myself for not taking pics in my swimsuit before. I just can't believe it. Some days I see myself smaller and am happy, other days all I see is how fat I still am. Yes compared to a lot of people, I am small....but I even look at pics of me in high school and can't stand it..I am pretty sure I am at the same weight now. I know I have had 2 kids back to back, but what about all those movie and tv stars who have kids and 1 month later look amazing...Afterall, some of them at 9 months aren't even as big as me at 4 months.

This sounds like my 2 yr old whinning...I need to stop. Get over it Dani!!! Well, I should go exerise more and get a handle on the boys..

Bye

diget77
Sat, Mar-08-03, 17:49
I hope not to jinx it, but I had seen 4 1/2 2 days ago, and it was a solid 4 today. I didn't get a chance to do my crunches today. I will get some in tonight. I fell down the stairs yesterday, so I didn't feel much like doing anything last night or this morning.
I did go down and see my Grandmother and thought that I would start on the kids toy room. I am doing a complete makeover of their room. My DH and I built a padded toy box and plan on doing the whole room in trains. I am painting the dresser right now, and maybe get in some crunches tonight.
Well, better get back to work!

Dani

diget77
Sun, Mar-09-03, 10:28
I got in some crunches this morning. I didn't get anything in yesterday. I have been sanding this morning and was up until midnight sanding and painteing. I put on some music and plan to take breaks between sanding to get in stretches and crunches...my hand goes numb using the sander if I don't rest. I am pleased to report that the 4 stuck. Soon I will have to make the decsion to go down to the lowest or the highest weight in the height/weight chart for me. I still think I should go to the lowest, to allow for some gain in maintenance. I actually think the way I have been eating is comfy, so I may only add in treats every once in awhile, like I have been doing. I think I can do this. The 4 has given me strength that I can keep going...I know I can lose more and I will keep trying. I only have 1 1/2 months until I go visit my mom. Yikes....Still have more to lose 17 pound if I stick with the 107 (not sure if I will beable to get that far)

Dani

diget77
Sun, Mar-09-03, 21:01
Well, didn't get too much done today. Got some sanding done. Had so many disasters...just not my day. My youngest decided to bring a bike into the house and spilled about 3/4 of a can of red paint on the carpet. We did get most of it up..It now only looks like the kids spilled punch. I got grease from the grill on one of my fav. shirts (of course it had survived the whole paint ordeal without any problems). We then had some surprise visitors. So I cleaned up after they left. The people that were supposed to come didn't...and it is just one of those days. I treated myself to some chocolate..
I know tomorrow will be better...how could it get any worse. So needless to say, I didn't get as many crunches in as I wanted and I did eat more for lunch than I had planned to. I'm sure I have jinxed my 4. We'll see how tomorrow goes and what the day brings. I can't wait for some things I ordered to keep the kids busy and occupied. I will log in again in the morning..hopefully with some good exercise and weight to report.

Dani

diget77
Mon, Mar-10-03, 19:23
well, didn't get too much exercise in. I di do some crunches throughout the day. I got most of my sanding done...just a bit left. I do have to redo some that I had finished a couple days ago.
I plan on getting in somemore crunches...afterall I havw atleast 5 more hours before I go to bed. I still have some cleaning and pick up to do. On a good note, the 4 did stay and I hope for another day of 4.

Dani

catspaw
Fri, Mar-14-03, 03:25
Hey, how are you doing? It's been a while since I dropped in to say hello.

No changes on the weight loss front for me, what a big surprise. :p

This week I think TOM is to blame. I went back on BCP this month because of some hormonal problems (it sucks to get old...), and everything is different this time around. Had to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom - this NEVER happens, and that is NOT one of the benefits I'm supposed to get from this. ;) I wonder if my rotten moods last week were part of this? I haven't had PMS in years. Don't need that, either.

How are things at your end? Hope you are all well. My poor DH has 2 sick kids to deal with, and he's sick too. Apparently the dog is the healthiest of the bunch, but he's not helping out very much. I go home in 3 weeks and 1 day (not that I'm counting)

diget77
Thu, Mar-20-03, 08:42
Boy it's been atleast a week since I wrote in. I have been doing ok I gues. Weight has been up and down a small bit (found our today TOM is to blame). Completely explains the kit kat attack I had yesterday. Haven't been exercising much...I am trying to get back in the swing of things. I am going to try and rent some exercise videos this week to see what I like. It's sad, like catspaw, I can feel the muscle toning inside, UNDER the fat.

It's funny how I am still so critical. I know I lost a lot and that I look batter, but I look in the mirror and see so much more I need to lose, firm and tone.My trip to see my mom has been pushed back. Not too bad though, just one more week. This will give me one more week to lose a bit more. So now I have until the very end of April. It will be nice though, I haven't been to Colorado in....gosh I think 6 yrs (when DH and I were just dating)...
I am picking up my uncle in vegas on the way and he will drive up with me. I haven't seen him since my wedding (almost 4 yrs ago). That one's hard, someone who hasn't seen me larger...So now I only look a little bit bigger than he probably remebers. Like my mom, he has struggled with weight for most of his life. He told me he had lost 50 pounds on a low fat diet. But gained it all back and is now only down 5. He said lc just wouldn't work for him. Anyway, busy day today, having someone come look at the puppies. Sold all of them and most of them are going home this sat. :-(

Will catch ya guys soon

BTW___ Congrats Catspaw!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you 1st Hawaii and then home, you luck dog. I have only been to Hawaii once. I want to go again. DH's family used to have a small house there for awhile (but sold it yrs ago)...

Dani

diget77
Thu, Mar-27-03, 09:55
well, I know it has been awhile since I have tapped in. I have been slacking, then power ing it up, then slacking again. I am doing good again. I have been doing several crunches, and variation of crunches throughout the day. I have also been doing 20+ lunges and squats. I am trying now to slim down my thighs and tummy. I know it isn't that easy, but it is worth a try. I can feel the muscle forming under my flabby tummy. I think the only way to get rid of the extra flab may be surgery. It is mostly stretched skin from my kids, and heavier weight.

Lets see....I do this one crunch where I cross one leg over the other and come up with the opposite shoulder. I do 15 fast, then I do 5, holding for either 5 or 10 secs. I did this for each side.
I did 30 reg. crunches.
I did 10 reverse crunches
10 lunges, each leg
10 squats

I will repeat this throughout the day, maybe once or twice maybe three times.
Well, I will keep everyone posted. I have been slacking on my woe as well, but have been keeping steady at 124-123....I hope to better myself, now that TOM is gone, my chocolate cravings are getting less. So here's to keeping my fingers crossed. I leave for my mom's in a little over 4 weeks. Gosh, I haven't lossed anything really lately....I know this will be a struggle. If I could lose 2 lbs a week, that would put me at 116, I would really like to be smaller, but am learning to deal with the fact that I have come a long way for me and that I am looking good. So no matter what happens in the next 4 weeks, I will be happy. I would really love to get back into my wedding dress for my anniversary in June...gives me 3 months and maybe 20 (extremely high estimate) pounds....since I have only lost a little over 10 pounds since Dec....I find this a bit unrealistic. We'll see how things go, just one day at a time. :) Keep Smilin' as I always say...

Dani

diget77
Sat, Mar-29-03, 10:03
Ok...didn't get as much done yesterday. I did the day before though. Several sets throughout the day. I did start today off with...

15 cross over crunches right side
15 cross over crunches left side
20 reg crunches
10 reverse crunches
10 lundges (each side)
20 squats

I hope to bring more in today, but most likely won't get them in until tonight. Today and tomorrow are full of running around.
I did drop another pound (won't hold my breath though).
Oh, 4 weeks tomorrow before I see my mom. The next daring trip will be 7 weeks. We are trying to plan a trip to the colorado river (border of arizona and california). We want to hit it before it gets too hot and before everyone gets there for Memorial Day. I think we may go the middle week in may. Which of course means SWIMSUIT!!! Yikes.. I do feel comfy in a bikini top, but am having troubles with the bottom. I have like fat deposits that pudge out every which way. I am thinking about doing the bikini top and then just wearing shorts. This way I can show off my ribs and small upper torso. We'll see. Well better get off and running today...so much to do.

Dani

diget77
Sat, Mar-29-03, 16:58
Ok...did some walking, but not very effective type. I also just added

20 reg crunches
10 cross leg crunch (each side)
10 reverse crunches
10 lundges (each leg)
10 squats

I feel good. I did forget to mention, although like I said before, that I won't hold my breath because I bounce up and down a bit more lately.
But I hit 40 POUNDS LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yippeeeee I still have about 20 more to go...I really have less, but it seems that I keep lowering my goal. I probable won't go that low, I really just want my skirts to fit better than they ever fit, I want them to rest on my hips and not fit snug on my waist. So, I figure I really won't even have to lose more than 15 more, but I figure I may even look better if I aim for 20 more...we'll see

Dani

diget77
Sat, Mar-29-03, 18:51
Really good today, got in some more and it's not even 5 pm yet.

10 lundges (each leg)
20 squats
10 reverse crunches
15 cross overs (each side)

diget77
Sun, Mar-30-03, 09:47
Wow, started this morning off with a bang!

20 reg crunches
15 crossed leg (over) crunches (each leg)
5 crossed leg crunches holds for 5 counts (each leg)
20 squats
10 lundges (each leg)

I may add in some stairs (just stand at the bottom and go up one down one)

Today I get to see some family members who haven't seen me since I was preggy with child #2 (now 15 months old). I am so excited. My dad who I haven't seen since Dec...not too excited about that. At that time I had lost like 20 pounds and he flat out said he hadn't noticed...What can I expect from a man who really doesn't care about his kids. Oh well, I'll stop complaining and get back to exercising. Am still trying to guess which exercise video will best suit me.
I would really like to rent them first to see, before I buy. I am looking at Tae-Bo and Pilates
we'll see
Gotta run

Dani

diget77
Mon, Mar-31-03, 09:45
Well, added in
10 cross over (each side)
15 reg crunches and
10 reverse to finish out the night.

This morning I did

15 cross over (each side)
20 crunches
15 reverse
10 lundges (each side)
20 squats

I will see if I add a bit more to each when I do more later. I am really wanting to start some tapes or get some sort of machine. I only have 2 more weeks of my neice and nephew. I still have a girl on a drop in basis...but my schedule should be a lot more open and free to allow time for exercise, and walking. The weather has been so beautiful. Maybe i will get some more yard work done today....raking and bagging pine needles is always a good work out.

Report in later

Dani

diget77
Tue, Apr-01-03, 09:12
Ok...today I feel good and motivated to eat right more (since I really have been letting the carbs stay in).

I know, I know....I've said that a hundred times before. But yesterday and today I have been bouncing between 121 1/2 and 122 1/2. I really want to get down. I am getting so close to my original goal. I really want to be done losing and starting to live to the fullest by June. My anniversary is then and I want the new me to be complete. I still have other things I need to work on besides weight, but I am over half way there.

Last night got in my normal routine of regs and cross legs, but don't remeber the count.

I did start last night and this morning to really concentrate and "squeeze" my regular crunches to give it better muscle work out, instead of just whipping them out fast.

So....
15 reg. with extra effort
10 cross over (each leg)
10 reverse
20 squats
10 lundges (each leg)

I really hope to get more in. DH stayed home yesterday, which threw off my routine a bit. I did get the vacuuming done and the floors swept and mopped. All of which will be done again today. I also plan on doing the above atleast 2-3 more times today. I really should look more into getting my exercise videos. I guess as I have said before, I don't want to buy something without seeing it first because I don't just want it to sit on the shelf.
I feel that at this point in time I am ready for firming and toning. I know I have a bit more to lose, especially in the tummy area...but I think by starting a more intense firming workout, that will help.

We will see, won't we.

New Goal. I know I didn't get any extremely recent photos of me up in Feb. I will post some from the river when we get back, that's in May.

My new mini (hopefully final goal) is to post a pick of me one day before my 4 yr anniversary maybe in my wedding dress. I should keep my fingers crossed. There is still the matter of what ever happened to my wedding shoes...but that is a whole nother story.

So here is to my new goal. No chocolate today!!!! Plenty of exercise and plenty of water!!!!! I should probably cut back on my carb pills, just to see if they really do anything. They probably don't, but if they do we will find out tomorrow (if the scale goes up) I think I would feel better if when mantaining my weight I don't have to take a pill every day.

I will catch you guys later

Dani

diget77
Tue, Apr-01-03, 09:21
Almost forgot... My mother and father-in-law have started lc-ing
My f-i-l has lost like 23 so far and m-i-l like 13 or more. I am so happy for them. Afterall being the parents or seven and grandparents of 17 with one more on the way, who has time to watch their weight.

It will be nice to have someone close to share things with again, although they are moving away for a year and won't be across the street. Oh well, my Darling m-i-l is the sweetest thing, she is always telling people how good I am looking and even got on the phone with my mother and told her how wonderful I look! I couldn't believe this woman. Of course, everyone knows if you want the latest scoop in town, go to her or her sister...hehehe

Well, I really should go. The boys are up and want breakfast.

Later,
Dani

diget77
Tue, Apr-01-03, 10:59
Ok...not yet 9:00am and did another

10 reg (with tightening)
10 cross legs (each side)
20 squats
20 lundges

I am really trying to firm up the thighs. I know I will never get rid of it all without surgery, but I figure I could help slim them down a bit by doing the lundges and the squats.

Dani

diget77
Tue, Apr-01-03, 16:37
Although vegged in front of computer for the most part of the day, I was able to add more exercise in.

10 intense crunches
10 cross overs (each leg)
20 squats
10 lundges (each leg)

I did have 3 small all beef hot dogs for lunch with a little ketchup and mustard. Tonight I think I will have lemon/pepper chicken with a side of spinach covered in butter.

Not sure how many more crunches/ thigh exercises I can get in by tonight. Have to go out. So, I will post in later.

Dani

diget77
Wed, Apr-02-03, 11:49
whew...so busy this morning. I didn't get a chance to add any more things in yesterday. Although I did get in......

15 intense crunches
15 cross leg (each leg)
10 reverse
20 lundges (each side)
20 squats

and vacuumed, did some laundry, picked up all the toys and cleaned the living room and toy room. All on a very empty tummy (didn't get chance to eat last night). So, I am now fixing a nice lemon pepper chicken for breakfast. Talk later

Dani

lkonzelman
Wed, Apr-02-03, 11:53
Sounds like you are usually doing something positive. Good for you!!!

diget77
Wed, Apr-02-03, 14:00
going to try and gat more in today. Did break down and had a bit of chocolate.

did 20 more squats
and 20 more lundges (10 ea leg)

diget77
Thu, Apr-03-03, 09:17
Well, I really pushed it last night. I put on some head phones, laid on the floor and just did thigh moes, arm moves, crunches...etc.

this morning, among other things that I don't have names or descriptions for

15 cross leg (each side)
15 reverse
20 reg
20 leg lundges
20 squats

I don't have the extra kids today, so I may beable to get a bit more done, although I need to go help some family with packing and moving

Dani

PS for the first time I looked in a mirror and said "boy, I do look pretty thin" Normally I look and as this morning, I see all the spots I still need to tighten, firm and lose more from. Some day I will be happy...as soon as I get into my skirts and they fit loosley. Funny I honestly never thought I would be back in my old clothes, I just wanted to keep them around because I told people I would...and here I am in them, so now I am a little more positive about getting into my skirts!

diget77
Fri, Apr-04-03, 12:39
Ok, I didn't start the morning out well and I really blew it yesterday. So...I did get in

20 lunges
20 squats
20 intense crunches
20 flat leg crunches
10 cross over (each leg)
10 leg lifts (each leg)

Plan to do more today....really have to make up for my blerps...

Dani

diget77
Sat, Apr-05-03, 11:45
Well, got in multiple crunches, lunges, and leg lifts.

Dani

diget77
Mon, Apr-07-03, 09:46
Ok, took a break on sunday. I DO!!! need to start watching what I eat again. I haven't lost anything in awhile. I am on a borderline 1 and really want to be in the teens before I visit my mom. I have 3 weeks. This morning

20 squats
20 lunges
15 cross leg (each leg)
15 reverse
10 contracting reg crunches

I hope to get more in today. May be out and about diong running around today. Not too sure.

Catchya later

Dani

diget77
Mon, Apr-07-03, 11:41
well, did some more

20 squats
20 lunges
15 contracting crunches
10 cross over (each leg)

I think I may get some more leg lifts and leg work outs today.
I also need to look up how to get some good lower ab workouts. It seems that my crunches and other things are really working my upper abs, but my lower abs (from my boys whom I carried low have totally been ruined) need a good tightening.

Dani

diget77
Mon, Apr-07-03, 12:28
added in multiple leg lifts, and several bicycle moves. Gosh, I really need to get some videos. I think I will do some research and try 2 completely different types and rotate, one type one day and then diff. one the next. Then, maybe increase and do one in the morning and one during the day, rotating diff. one eact time of day.

we'll see how evrything goes. I know I won't get anything accomplished while on our river trip. I can continue while at my mom's, but won't have a scale or place to exercise while at the river. I do figure that since I will be learning to ski again, I will be working out enough muscles that that should help. We will keep our fingers crossed.

Ok, back to work

Dani

diget77
Mon, Apr-07-03, 14:03
20 more squats
20 lunges
more bicycle moves and leg lifts

feeling the burn a bit. Did some research on some videos and think I have decided on
The Firm: total body & hips, buns, thighs
Tae-Bo
Suzi Lonergan's Body Power Pilates

I figure the pilates is recommended 3 days a week. So I figure I could do that one during the week, everyother day. Then, using the other 2, start out slow...one on the odd days, and then working up to both on the odd days. I figure that these should complete my transfermation (I hope anyway).
I really want to get my bf % down a bit more, and my weight down atleast another 15 lbs (really would like 20 more lbs) I want to tone and firm my belly, arms, and thighs. Gosh, I have come a long way, but have so much further to go.

diget77
Wed, Apr-09-03, 15:49
This is more of just a reality check and not a gym log right now. I did get some exercise in last night. I haven't done anything today. I want to concentrate on my eating habits first. I had slipped into upkeep. I have maintained the same weight for several weeks now, going up and down only 1 pound. I have been happy, but not completely. I want to lose maore and know I need to lose more.

Today, although I did have a small amount of a kit kat, I haven't done anything else. I shared 4 eggs scrambled with lots of cheese with my 1 yr old. And had some BBQ pork rib strip and a bowl of chicken egg drop soup. I made plenty of soup and figure if I get the urge to eat a "snack" I will have that. I want to have Jerky, but am saving my meat to make jerky for my trips...don'tt want to make too early, or I won't have any to take with me.

So, anyway...that is what I have been up too...still trying to lose, but now more than ever.

Dani

diget77
Sat, Apr-12-03, 09:58
Okay...got soooo much walking in yesterday. Walked almost straight from 11Am to 11:30 pm...with maybe a total of 2 1/2 hours of sitting. Had some ice cream and preztel sticks and 1/2 a hot dog. Got home and had 2 hamburger patties with cheese. I saw a drop in weight. Should after all that walking, even if I did cheat. It was a treat becuase I was sharing with family. Anyway, I hope that my keeping to the lower amount of carbs will help me get back on track. I had a plate full of green-beans for breakfast. Will most likely stick to my hot dogs and hamburgers for lunch.
Oh, also on a note. I have stopped taking the carb cutting pills. I can't honestly say they were working, and can't say they weren't, so we will see.

I am going to make a whipped cream/cream cheese/(tiny amount of strawberry) and some crysatl light dessert. I also plan on making some jerky soon. Well, I will catch ya later

Dani

diget77
Mon, Apr-21-03, 10:24
Ok ok ok I know it has been awhile since I wrote.
Well, I was doing so good yesterday (Easter) until I made these great dinner rolls. I had 2 and green bean bake...the only "real amount" of carbs I took in. Before dinner I stepped on the scale and was the same as that morning...saw 0 1/2-1 1/2 That was great. My this morning I was up to about 23. I couldn't believe it.

So, today, Strictly ham and deviled eggs. Maybe a hot dog or hamburger and possibly left over pork strip. So, I figure that could help. I think I will try to get in some squats, lunges, and crunches. I did find the perfect machine that is under $150. It is both a pilates and "total gym". I think it might work out great...now I just have to save up for it. Maybe for an anniversary gift...we'll see

Dani

diget77
Tue, Apr-22-03, 08:29
Well, I am back on track somewhat. I did end up doing 20 squats and 20 lunges and the same today.
I did drop off the 2-3 pounds I picked up on Easter. So I am feeling better and motivated. I will be going to my moms on Sunday. I prob. won't write until I get back...then I will be off again within a week.

I think I have committed to an exercise equipment I want. I have convinced DH that I actually want something. I have done a lot of reading about the new gazelle elite. I think it will work out great....can have a great cardio workout without much effort. I hope that I can get it and that it will help me to reach my goal!

Dani

diget77
Wed, Apr-23-03, 10:07
Ok, did get in 20 squats and 20 lunges this morning. I still need to work up to getting more in. I can't wait to order my gazelle. I know it will be a couple months before I get it, but I can't wait. I feel good with my decsion. I know I should order it now and get it by the time I get back from my vacation, but I don't know.
I am determined more than ever to get myself fitter than ever. I want to beable to go hiking with my DH (used to be one of his favorite pass times). DH is being so supportive. I couldn't believe it. I usually don't ask for much, but felt guilty asking for a product that costs over $400...to me that was a major jump. I will keep you guy posted on what happens.
Did have a nice salad this morning...lettuce, cheese, ranch, and some left over Easter ham. Bye

Dani

diget77
Thu, Apr-24-03, 16:32
Got in some 20+ lunges and 20+ squats and several crunches.

Am busy making lots of Jeky to get me through my first trip.

Dani

diget77
Tue, May-06-03, 09:04
Well I am back for a week anyway. Colorado was great. Although I cheated and had ice cream and cheesecake and an eggroll...I did walk every day and at a 10,000 ft altitude, it really felt good. I actually lost a pound I think. I am at 120, although it isn't too acurate since I really didn't eat much yesterday on the 13 hour drive home. I have a lot of work to do around the house today. Maybe some yard work, if it doesn't rain. So I will catchya later..oh, other than walking...no other exercise while gone. I'll see about this week.

Dani

diget77
Wed, May-07-03, 22:10
I've done a lot of work around the house, but haven't done any actual exercising. I do know that I need to get into it again. I know that the river is going to be a workout. I still have to go get a suit. I have decided on board shorts and bikini top. My stretch marks are way too bad (dark purple & on my tummy into my legs. I am happy with my upper half, from belly button up. I hope to post some new picks when we get back.

Talk to ya soon....
Dani

diget77
Fri, May-09-03, 20:52
no gym log today....just want to get my feelings out before I explode. I don't know, I feel sooooo lonely. I have totally thrown lcing out the window the last couple days. Emotionally I don't know if I could fall any further...
The boys have been trying my patience and the stupid part about it is I can't even tell you what they did. Not to mention the cavity I think I have killing my mouth and the pain that might be heartburn for the last week.I am expecting TOM and figure that is most likely the main cause of my emotional status. Mother's day is coming and I honestly feel like no one cares. All I want is a day where I don't have to deal with the world. It never fails, everyone gets sick including me, and I have to pamper everyone. I don't remember the last time I was sick and got to stay in bed...in fact, if I recall DH stayed home and slept, while I took care of the boys...he did watch them a bit, but then I had to come and clean up the mess. I know it's selfish, but why can't I have a meal. Even tonight I set my plate down and my son, who already ate, ate it all while I was on the phone. I know it's stupid and petty....I should stop. I can't believe how stupid I sound. I really need to go on this river trip and get my mind off things.

diget77
Sat, May-10-03, 08:45
I've been feelin much better this morning. And for once in my life I am going to go do things without another adult (done shopping before), but will go to a breakfast with just me and the kids. I also plan on doing a lot of walking today. I am going to find a swim suit since I leave in 4 days and don't have one. I am then going to pick up some gifts for mother's day. So that's that....will get some exercise and try not to go too hairwire the next couple days. I have been eating all sorts of high carb things. Oh yeah...

My mom went back on LCing and has already lost a few pounds (water weight) but it encourages her. Gosh, if she would just lose atleast 40, but 60 would be great....she really needs to lose maybe 70-80...but any amount would be good for her. So I am off today and will report in on mind swim suit hunt.

Dani

diget77
Mon, May-12-03, 08:34
Well, I'm a bit back on track. I did get in 20 lunges and 20 squats. I figure I will add in some crunches. I did have too much to eat yesterday, due to mother's day cake and all, but figure I will be making jerky today and tomorrow which automatically cuts me down a bit. I have picked up what I lost at my moms...but I am not too upset. I did find a swim suit and 2 extra bottoms. I still have to find 2 more tops to match the bottoms. I did go with the shorts, but found a sexy top.

Talk to ya later,
Dani

diget77
Mon, May-19-03, 10:28
I'm back!! Had so much fun. Slightly burned my legs. I guess it really was a work out. I really threw the lc into the wind, eating chips and muffins and danishes. I did eat jerky, but like I said I was so bad. I ended up coming back the same as I left, 121.5 I would really like to get down some more and there is hope that I can get back strickly in a couple days. I was just so pleased, because I thought I would have gained 5 maybe even 10 pounds. I am so encouraged. I did do alot of work, it took 2-3 housrs to set up camp, and maybe 4 hours to take down and to pack, now we have to unload and clean everything. I figure that will also be a good workout. I am so sore that I figure I won't be back into actually exersize for a few days. :-) anyway, I am so happy...even though I don't think DH got a chance to take any pics of me in my swim suit. Oh well, maybe later....

Dani

diget77
Wed, May-21-03, 09:33
Yeah! Got in 10 crunches
20 squats
20 lunges
I feel good, my legs really feel it, I wonder if it is because I really worked them out while knee boarding. I tried to really work out by not actually sitting on my legs, holding myself up. I am really going to try hard today to cut back on my carbs. I have been so bad lately haveing several high carb things in my munching. Today I started with several strips of bacon, instead of the muffin and danish I had for the last couple days. I am still hungry, so I may have some hot dogs or a hamburger....we'll see. Well, back to work. I have to wash the car today and still have some things to put away from the trip :-) Oh, looked at the gazelle and they now have it so you can make 8 payments...who hoo more affordable.

Dani

diget77
Wed, May-21-03, 09:55
Added in 20 more of everything. 20 squats, 20 crunches, 20 lunges
I also had 3 all beef hotdogs, which took care of my hunger. So hopefully we can make it until lunch without breaking. I am surprised how good I am doing.

diget77
Sat, May-31-03, 09:05
Ok Ok ok I admit...I have been really bad, slipping back into old habits of high sugar and low exercise. I am hoping to change that right now! I have 2 new goals.

1) My 4 yr anniversary is in 27 days. I really would like to fit into my wedding dress. I don't think I could have put it on even 6 months after my wedding.

2) My DH and I have decided to expand our family in about 3 months. I really would like to be a bit smaller weight wise before I get preggie. Although, I am happy with my actual weight

I am finding that when I first hit below 125, I thought how wonderful I looked. I have currently been about the same weight, +- a couple pounds, for the last 3 months. I was happy with those results, but no longer. I see that I am worse than I thought. I see a lot of flab and overhanging fat. I really need to get into my healthy weight zone on 107-117. I still have a ways to go.
It's funny to think that 7 1/2 months ago, although I didn't look tooo heavy, acorrding to every measurement, I was "morbidly obese." Several health shows and scales said that it was true. I am now only slightly. I am pleased for that. I really don't want to be over weight at all and think with some pushing and distractions, I can drop the last 14 pounds.

Start: Did
20 lunges
20 squats
20 crunches
20 butt lifts
20 leg lifts each leg
and several (didn't count) ...lay flat on ground, bring knees up and twist lower body.

I hope that I can get more in. I really hope that in a month or so, we will have enough money set aside to do my first exercise machine purchase. I figure I really could use it while I am expecting...but first things first. My new goal is to start out slow and build up I will start with atleast 15 minutes a day for the first 3 days, then add 5 minutes at a time and stick to it for atleast 5 days a week. I am really wish I can keep it up...before I was doing 30-45 minutes. I think since I stopped doing it, I am starting to feel less energetic. The problem is trying to fit it into my day. I know I can't do it in the morning every time...since I will be watching some kids as early as 6am. anyhow....1st goal, 4 weeks and counting. I will keep you updated on my progress. Maybe if I do the 15-20 min. 5 days during the week and really push it on the weekends (no extra kids), I could fit in atleast 30-45 minutes...maybe not continuous at first, but soon! I hope!!!!

Dani

diget77
Sat, May-31-03, 18:52
so much for being good today. I did get in some good exercise, but blew it on everything else. I hope I can do better tomorrow and for the next 4 weeks. I am such a flake to give in. I don't have much time to pull myself together.... :bash: when will I get it through my thick skull that I can't lose more by cheating...yes I can maintain, but I don't want to...want to be smaller!!!!!

Dani

catspaw
Sun, Jun-01-03, 03:33
Long time no post! I'm back in Korea - it seems the only time I have to get online is when I'm on a business trip. Only a week, this time. I've even been good so far, although it's next to impossible to do an overseas flight without eating too many carbs.

Having another, are you? Good luck! I hope things work out well. Is there a forum for lowcarb while pregnant?

I'm still hanging around at 138 - it appears to be my destiny. I think stress has something to do with it - I'm always under a lot, no matter where the job takes me. I don't get to work out as much any more - which is too bad. That's another thing I have time for when I go on a trip.

Anyway, wanted to stop by and say hi. You're doing great!

Take care

diget77
Sun, Jun-01-03, 08:35
I'm just mad at myself. I am up one pound today, yes I have been fluctuating at 1/2 pound intervalls, but still. AGHHHHHHH :bash: :bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash:
Must have very thick skull.....I did get in some exercise this morning.
20 squats
60 leg lift crunches
20 reg crunches
20 reverse crunches
20 pelvic twists (both sides)

I think DH wants to take the kids to a movie, so I will most likely have popcorn, but that should be my only cheat today....lately it has been a snack size bag of chips (17g) a cupcake (30 something), a full candybar (34g) yeterday had a biscuit ( god only knows how many) and a few bites here and there of the kids mac and cheese. I have been bad, I haven't even wanted to write it down...I feel like I stole or something. I know I say I want to mend my ways, but looking at what I have been eating says something else. If I am not happy with the way I look now, I really need to cut back!!!! I also need to up my exercise. I need a friend, someone who will ask me at the end of the day, did you exercise, what carbs did you eat...then gentle tell me that I can't get to my goal if I eat so many carbs...so try again tomorrow..and when you feel the urge to snack, do something else...like write in your journal and do 20 crunches, and drink a glass of something. Maybe I can let my inner person be my guide. I can do this. Although I am having popcorn today, it isn't the end of the world, especially if that is all I am having.

Dani

diget77
Mon, Jun-02-03, 08:05
Well, I did get some exercise in this morning. Not much, but every little bit helps right?

20 crunches
20 leg lift crunches (each leg=40)

I really hope to get more in and to be good today. I really was pretty good yesterday, only had popcorn and small amount of chow mein noodles. I mostly picked out the meat of the teriyaki chicken and mongolian beef. I did eat a lot of popcorn yesterday though. If I could just get my body into the teens, things would be good :) I am working towards my goal and am going to try really hard!!!!

diget77
Tue, Jun-10-03, 19:14
Well, TOM has screwed me up once again. Although, I have gotten more active with my exercising. I have been concentrating on my legs and arms versus abs right now. I have been doing donkey kicks, leg lifts, etc.
I thought about it today and am using my drill motor as a weight and doing curls etc with it.
Do to tight finances, the gazelle and total gym are on hold for a bit.
Part of the new me is facing some fears. I am doing better with dealing with the public. I still feel that people are looking at me and saying things about me everywhere I go. My biggest fear is heights and extreme coasters. I am trying to arrange for DH and I to go to Magic mountain. We'll see I will keep my fingers crossed. I know I am not to my total body I want, but I think I can put on something sexy and really enjoy myself...afterall I think with my biggest supporter by my side..I think I can!!!!

Dani

diget77
Thu, Jun-12-03, 07:37
I've really been keeping up with my exercising. TOM really had me messed up on the scal this time, running about 2-3 pounds over normal. I am actually down this morning to about 120 1/2. I am going to try and really keep up the exercising. I have found that doing the leg activities and even doing some jogging in place, doesn't wear on me as much as the variations of crunches, so I have more energy to go longer and do more.
Well, it looks like Magic mountain is on hold until our anniversary. No matter, gives me more time to finish losing and firming.
Usually I look in the mirror and see how much I still have to work on...today, for some funny reason, it looked good...mu pooch from the babies was nice and small and it has given mea good jump for the day. I have been watching these 2 boys early in the morning, sometimes as early as 5 am, so now I am usually up no later than 6...that's nice, gives me more time to clean and to work out. Well, I did get 20 crunches in today, want to get my leg things done....will chat later.

Dani

diget77
Sat, Jun-14-03, 10:37
I am really proud of myself. I really have been keeping up with the exercising, everyday so far for the last week... I have been putting it on my dry erase calander on the frig. I think by looking at it, I feel I have to do it, so I can write it in.
Yesterday DH, the boys and I spent 1/2 day at Disneyland. We got a lot of walking in. I found it interesting that ice cream I used to eat all completely by myself, left me feeling full and almost sick to my tummy. It's nice to know that my stomach must finally be shrinking. I am finding that I am eating less and feeling satisfied. I am also finding that I have missed a meal, and haven't felt starved and pigged out, just because I missed it. I used to miss a meal, then double or triple up on the next meal to make up for it.
It's nice to get beyond some of my old habits. I know I won't be able to get past all of them, and that is fine. I have really learned how to watch myself and the scale. I have also leaned a lot about exercising and that it is important and that by missing or skipping it, doesn't work well for my new way of life.

I have put in atleast 40 some crunches and that and more donkey kicks. Several curls etc. I try and do it throughout the day while watching tv. I am also getting the boys down to see grandma and grandpa today for a little while and DH and I are going to have the afternoon off. So, that's that for now. Back to some more exercising...oh yeah, also loaded the truck for the dump, lifting wood etc. so good bye for now....more exercise and things to get done.

Dani
PS extra work paying off...came in at 119 1/2 this morning...hope I can hold on to it and drop it further. I am getting so close to my goal. I won't change it on my profile until I can hold it for atleast a week.

diget77
Tue, Jun-17-03, 22:51
Well, of coarse the under 20 didn't last long. I guess all that extra walking was good for me and all the exercise I am doing at home isn't doin nothin. Pissy. I have been doing something everyday...I just don't have time to walk 4-5 hours like at Disneyland. My regular days, just don't permit. I admit I have been on my feet most of today....Doing a GIGANTIC spring cleaning overhaul. I'm not getting everything, but am really getting to most. I got the downstairs done, bathroom (under the sink), the kids toy room, the living room, dinning room, and some of the kitchen. I still have to do the up stairs. We did overhaul our bedroom a couple weeks ago, but my office will take atleast 1 whole day and then some. Then, there are the stairs...where I drop everything I think goes upstairs.
I will be watching dome kids tomorrow, so I will be busy doing that and not able to work on the house. The overhaul really started with trying to find some things that have been missed placed. I know they never left the house, unless the kids thew them away. Well, back to work.

Dani

diget77
Wed, Jun-18-03, 13:30
Well, yesterdays work did pay off a bit, but I think I blew it today. I am trying to continuously exercise throughout today to make up for my mis-eating. With not so much to do today, I really need to work out a bit. I have been bad eating sugary sweets knowing full well that I shouldn't. Well, that's about it.

Dani

catspaw
Sun, Aug-03-03, 17:37
Hi! It's been a real long time, hasn't it? My job totally sux as far as time goes, so I have been having a hard time keeping the weight down. Yikes! Hoping to get some relief soon, though. You seem to be doing great! Keep it up.

mildwild
Fri, Nov-28-03, 21:24
I know you haven't posted in your journal in a while, but just in case...I was wondering how much trouble you had going from 162 and losing the first 20-25 lbs? And if you had any advice to give....
thanks,
I'd be so proud of myself if I were you, to go from 162 to 122 with kids and the house cleaning and I think anyone getting that close to their goal is amazing...
congrats on so far :)
-mildwild