PDA

View Full Version : Glucosomine

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sharon8
Sat, Nov-16-02, 05:27
Hi, :wave:

I need to take glucosomine on medical advice at present. According to the packet it has nearly 3g of carb per 6g serve.

I am counting the carbs in there but am interested to know whether anyone knows anything more about it. I wonder if carbs like that - glucose I guess - effect you any differently to carbs in vegetables.

TIA :)

Mattsgram
Sat, Nov-16-02, 09:11
I never thought to check my glucosamine...........however, I've been on this WOE for 3 months and have lost 16+ pounds, so it hasn't seemed to affect me. I take 2 pills a day.....morning and night. I average about 30 carbs a day now, so maybe if my pills do have carbs, I'm still in balalnce as I continue to lose.
Kay

Rosebud
Sat, Nov-16-02, 15:47
Hi Sharon,

Here is a link to a good post by Doreen about glucosamine. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&postid=610970&highlight=glucosamine#post610970)

I think if you'll be taking it short term, there'll be no problem. And as Kay said, she's still losing. Perhaps if you're taking it long term it would be a good idea to keep an eye on your blood sugars.

HTH!

Roz

sharon8
Sun, Nov-17-02, 06:07
Thanks Roz & Kay, :thup:

I had a look at that article... very interesting. I had spoken to my chiro the other day about the high carbs in glucosamine as he prescribed it for me (and put me on Atkins). I've just emailed him the article to get his feedback.

Appreciate it :)

S x