PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

AwsumLove
Fri, Nov-15-02, 04:03
Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Lisa and I have been "doing Atkins" since October 28, 2002. I am in Dayton, Ohio, USA.
I was on Weight Watchers for some time, lost A LOT of weight and ended up with having to have my gallbladder removed. I attribute this very painful ordeal to the low fat diet I was on.
Not long after I had my my surgery I was diagnosed as being hypoglycemic.
My doctor "perscribed" a high protien, low carb diet. He gave me no other instructions. I knew about the Atkins plan from years ago when my Mother and Grandmother were "doing Atkins" in the '70's. I immediately got the book, but didn't really get started til a couple weeks ago.
I do have some weight to lose, weight I gained back after starving myself on WW, but my main goal is to be healthy and regulate my blood sugar. It seems to be working very well!
That's it in a nutshell. I look forward to getting to know you all better!

Lisa :wave:

Talon
Fri, Nov-15-02, 05:32
Welcome to the forum! :wave:

This way of eating has defintely helped my hypoglycemia - I have no blood sugar swings that set me to shaking/sweating. Wonderful!