PDA

View Full Version : Hello...i'm a newbie...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

cheriedaz
Wed, Nov-13-02, 19:12
Hello to all of u :) i am newbie here, who have just started my lifestyle diet --the Atkins diet.

I hope i to get some support from this board as there are alot of doubts which i have and am not sure.Anyway just a brief intro, i am Cherie from Asia,Singapore. Am ard 165cm and weigh like 114lbs. Which i feel it's abit heavy for my ht, my goal wt is to be ard 103 to 104lbs.And my frame size is always abit broader than the gals in general over here. So sometimes i get a bit of inferior...just feel fleshy..which i hate it blah blah... :(

:wave: Anyway i hope to know about this diet from you guys.Thks in advance!!

Rosebud
Wed, Nov-13-02, 23:28
Cherie,

I really worry when I see posts like yours. Have you ever had an eating disorder? Because if you have not had one in the past, you are now putting yourself at serious risk.
At 165 cm, or 5'6, and 114 lbs, you are already on the verge of being underweight. At 104 lbs, you would be putting your health at risk.

Society today is serving us poorly by constantly showing images of skinny (often anorexic and/or bulimic) supermodels and actresses and portaying them as the ideal.

Please Cherie, if you think you are "fleshy," I urge you to seek some counselling about your body image.

Meanwhile, have a look at this site on Normal Eating. (http://www.mirror-mirror.org/noreat.htm)

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

cheriedaz
Thu, Nov-14-02, 20:34
Hi Rose,
Thanks for ur praisal. And the forum on the "Normal Eating"It sounds true and logical to me. And no, i do not have any eating disorder habits as i eat my meals regularly now. Maybe in the past i have a slight disorder eating habits but i guess not anymore.

I used to be underweight,at least ttz wat alot of ppl said at tt pt of time.But somehow i think i regain my normal wt back. My ideal wt is actually 50Kg which is still acceptable for my ht.Maybe due to my inferiority complex,which drove me to diet.

But anyway atkins diet sounds healthy to me anyway,so there's no harm in making myself healthy and at the same time to lose a little wt.yea? :D

Bloom
Sun, Nov-17-02, 15:28
Hi Cherie :)
You are just 3 cms shorter than me so must be 5'5". Im assuming you are much younger than I am (42?) (u hv tht sm txt wrtng styl of my 17yr old dughtr, lvng ff th vowels ;) )
I once weighed 50kg when i was 20-22 it really was getting on the skinny side and I dont have a small frame either. You say you are 'broader' in build so you need to keep a little weight on you to look good and not all bones (not a good look) . You certainly certainly DONT need to lose weight!!!! If you are not happy with your 'soft' spots well they are what make you a women and not a boy and if indeed you could do with some toning excersise will do that not losing weight. true :)
sure cut your refined carbs from your diet but make sure you eat plenty of healthy fats and good brown wholegrains, fruits and vegies wont you.
Not meaning to be a drag but hey ive been there and when i look back and see the way i looked and remember the way even then i was down on myself instead of appriciating my nice young firm body its real sad to see you doing the same. I wreaked havoc with my metabolism and now you see i DO have a problem. Dont go down that same road will you :bhug:
I bet your just gourgeous so be happy, , leave well enough alone and smile :D
take care Cherie :rheart:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=632736